Disney gift cards...

Yes--I've done it through SR & QR.

On another topic--can you use the gift cards both online &/or on the phone to pay for room reservations at Disney? What about tickets? I would prefer to book my room on the phone & buy the tickets online. Information from anyone who has done this is greatly appreciated. I know a PP said she had used them online to pay for room, right?

Can you pay for room by phone with gift cards? ::yes::
Can you pay for your room online with gift cards? ::yes::
Can you pay for tickets by phone with gift cards? ::yes:: (At least that is what a CM at reservations told me when I inquired about my future purchase of MVMCP tickets.)
Can you pay for tickets online with gift cards? I don't see the gift cards listed as a method of payment when I tried a ticket purchase test on the Disney website. I only see credit card and Disney Rewards Dollars.

I am assuming you are buying tickets through Disney and not through an outside ticket broker. If you are purchasing the tickets through Disney, then the answer is a YES to telephone ticket orders and NO to online ticket orders. Ticket brokers will not take gift cards.

Bad news. Disney just notified me that effective today, they will not longer be giving a commission on gift cards. :( I don't know if it affects gift cards that were ordered today or not. I just emailed them back about it.

Bad news. Disney just notified me that effective today, they will not longer be giving a commission on gift cards. :( I don't know if it affects gift cards that were ordered today or not. I just emailed them back about it.

How rude. I guess they figured out that we were all doing the same thing. Hopefully those who have already ordered will get credit. If I didn't love Disney so much DisneyShopping would certainly put me off!

They really should have given us some notice instead of sending out an email at 6:30 in the afternoon and saying "effective today." I did notice that all of the gift cards ordered through about 2:30 this afternoon seem to be okay. It looks like they sent the email out and then left for the day so that they didn't have to respond to emails. I tried to get into the site using my link and it says that they are doing maintenance. I am guessing that they are making the changes right now to disable the commissions.

It's completely what I expect of DisneyShopping after having dealt with them for the last year and having all of the problems that I have had.

bummer. I was hoping in a few months when it was time for me to buy this would be there. Now I guess it will probably be gone for good. So long 10% off disney trips. :(

They really should have given us some notice instead of sending out an email at 6:30 in the afternoon and saying "effective today." I did notice that all of the gift cards ordered through about 2:30 this afternoon seem to be okay. It looks like they sent the email out and then left for the day so that they didn't have to respond to emails. I tried to get into the site using my link and it says that they are doing maintenance. I am guessing that they are making the changes right now to disable the commissions.

It's completely what I expect of DisneyShopping after having dealt with them for the last year and having all of the problems that I have had.

Tricia
Did you get an email from a person at Disney directly or it was an official email to everyone? I never got anything yet. I knew this was coming since a month ago when I spoke to the Disney account manager he told me they will be ending this soon. I never got an email from him nor Disney yet.

Oh Man! :sad: I'm so glad I was able to take advantage of this in February & earlier this month, but boy--I was looking forward to cashing in my Visa Rewards every month & buying gift cards to get a % back!

I wonder how this will effect their sales--it seems like alot of us were buying large $ amounts of gift cards to get the percent back from a reward program when otherwise we would just keep the cash & pay the "normal" way.

I am not in the least bit surprised at this. Like many things in life if it is too good to be true they will find a way to put a stop to it.

As I have been reading that people are buying thousands of dollars worth of GC I have been thinking there is no way they will let that continue. Those who were able to do it were lucky. I had the first clue when people started reporting that their orders were getting cancelled.

I view it kinda like the offers that if people do them and cancel too soon the advertisers will get smart and pull the offer. So down the road we may find it getting harder to earn the same kind of money we currently are. :confused3

Oh well, it was good while it lasted. Just wished I had taken advantage of it more the last go around. I'm glad I looked at this thread before I placed another order!!

Oh NO!!! Do you think they will at least come through on the commissions they owe for cards ordered in the last couple of weeks that we have trouble tickets on?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter