Disney got me again! Dream cabin 8684 anyone?

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
Just got off of our Grand Slam 3 night Fantasy cruise that I had fully expected to be my last DCL cruise, and instead am canceling the other line I had replaced it with as I booked a 4 night Dream CC double dip onboard for next 6/19.
I got an aft cabin #8684. I was close to aft on this last cruise, but otherwise have always had midship cabins. Have always wanted to try aft though. There weren't any on deck 9, lots on deck 10, but I know about scraping chairs at Cabanas, etc. so I took this one.
I looked at the cabin reviews but there aren't any recent ones, so anyone with experience with 8684 on the Dream or Fantasy, give me your feedback!

Just got off of our Grand Slam 3 night Fantasy cruise that I had fully expected to be my last DCL cruise, and instead am canceling the other line I had replaced it with as I booked a 4 night Dream CC double dip onboard for next 6/19.
I got an aft cabin #8684. I was close to aft on this last cruise, but otherwise have always had midship cabins. Have always wanted to try aft though. There weren't any on deck 9, lots on deck 10, but I know about scraping chairs at Cabanas, etc. so I took this one.
I looked at the cabin reviews but there aren't any recent ones, so anyone with experience with 8684 on the Dream or Fantasy, give me your feedback!

I won't be able to give you a cabin review until March 24, 2019. I am sailing in this cabin on the Fantasy for Spring Break. However, if anyone else can provide a cabin review before then I, too, would be interested to hear what you have to say.

Dang. I looked at your Stateroom # and thought it looked awfully familiar so I hopped over to my Castaway Club to view my cruises. We were in 8648. Close, but no cigar I guess...... sorry. :o Looks like you have one of the cabins with an oversized verandah on the very back of the ship? I've heard good things about those staterooms but have never stayed ini one.

Dang. I looked at your Stateroom # and thought it looked awfully familiar so I hopped over to my Castaway Club to view my cruises. We were in 8648. Close, but no cigar I guess...... sorry. :o Looks like you have one of the cabins with an oversized verandah on the very back of the ship? I've heard good things about those staterooms but have never stayed ini one.
Yes, I've been wanting to try one someday and this is my shot!

Yes, I've been wanting to try one someday and this is my shot!

Try googling the room number. I booked concierge for the first time ever out of 11 DCL cruises, and have been trying to glean all the info I can. Sometimes there are some good youtube videos or room reports out there. good luck! :cutie:

Had 6688 on the Fantasy a few years ago, so similar spot but two decks lower. Guessing the rooms are pretty similar.

The detial I have to share is about the veranda. We really liked ours. It is nice that they are a little longer and you can expect real lounge chairs. There should be some privacy from above near the room. If you get closer to the rails expect you can be seen by passengers that might be on higher decks. For the poster who is sailing concierge, that can also be an issue in a couple of the concierge rooms (really only 3 rooms). We did notice some soot which you will probably see repeated in reviews.

For the poster who is sailing concierge, that can also be an issue in a couple of the concierge rooms (really only 3 rooms). We did notice some soot which you will probably see repeated in reviews.

Hi ScooterScott44! There were only 3 Cat "T" suites left when I booked so lots of choice was not an option. They were all on Deck 11, so they have the glass top on the verandahs.

We were in 8682 on the fantasy which is right next door. It was an awesome room. We've been aft all the way in the back many times and love it. Aft is always my preference. It's very quiet and I love the view off the back of the ship. If you have any specific questions let me know.

We recently spent 9 days (June 15 - 24) in 8188 which is next door to 8684.

We loved it. Location was great for Cabana's and kid's clubs. Also convenient to all MDRs. We usually take stairs during cruises whenever possible, and deck 8 is great.

Quite with little foot traffic. Near aft elevators that get a lot less use. Castaway Cay gangway was aft for us, so easier off, less crowded as most people seem to go to mid ship. Loved the oversize Balcony and view, especially at Castaway Cay.

Possibly going to change but our room host was awesome. There was occasionally some soot on the balcony, but room host was always on top of it.

You get some vibration when they use the thrusters coming into or leaving port, but that bothered us zero.

Would absolutely book the same room or any other aft room on the Dream decks 7-9.

So I'm guessing June 6, 2019 @daisyx3 - 6 nights Western Caribbean - Horizon is off?

yep. I was actually looking for the DCL/Carnival thread to put that up. We are definitely drinking the kool-aid!

That's a shame (well, it's not really a shame but this french canadian doesn't know another expression to say what she means LOL) because the Vista Class ships are amazing. But when you don't know what you are missing, you can't be scared to miss out on it. :)

That's a shame (well, it's not really a shame but this french canadian doesn't know another expression to say what she means LOL) because the Vista Class ships are amazing. But when you don't know what you are missing, you can't be scared to miss out on it. :)
In Nassau we were berthed next to the Breeze and my husband said "That's a huge ship!" I told him the Horizon was even bigger. I was pointing out Pig and Anchor, etc. I could also see no chairs without towels at 9AM, even though it was a port day. Mind you that was through the glass, but it looked like the chair hogs (admittedly on every line) were out in force.

In Nassau we were berthed next to the Breeze and my husband said "That's a huge ship!" I told him the Horizon was even bigger. I was pointing out Pig and Anchor, etc. I could also see no chairs without towels at 9AM, even though it was a port day. Mind you that was through the glass, but it looked like the chair hogs (admittedly on every line) were out in force.

I usually sail in April and October so we always got lucky and found chairs... (Chair hogs are so selfish, though).

Arghhhh! I never got over Pig & Anchor! I hope they'll put one on every ship someday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter