Disney Has the Best Chicken Nuggets Ever! - Update Dump - Finally Completed!

Well, when you tell them 7:15, it makes it easier to get closer to your actual goal of 7:30. :rolleyes1

This is true. We have to use this strategy often.

Now, I found that not every park made us all go through the metal detector. There were times that they were sending everyone through, but then allowed me to bypass it with the stroller and there were other times that they'd allow most of the rest of our group to bypass it and then would single me out. Those were easy because I'd just give the stroller to someone else. But it did make it frustrating. We planned to leave the parks more than we ended up doing just because we didn't want to hassle with going through security an extra time so we'd just try to get LG to nap in the stroller or being held.

We will have 3 adults with 2 kids so I'm hoping we can juggle the stroller. Sounds like they really had it out for you. The hours are going to be shorter in February so it will have to be naps in the stroller.

I am told that I was terrified of that one when I was 3. I clearly don't remember. :rotfl2:

I'll have to pass this on to Danielle, it will make her feel better that you shared her fear.

Spoiler alert... we never got a chance to go back for Tiana and Rapunzel.

Bummer. I would have wanted the rarer Princesses too. You did get some great shots of DD with Cinderella and Elena.

This one went over well. She really seemed to enjoy it as did LG.

Precious picture of LG.

We decided to push our luck and go ride Barnstormer. Niece was juuuuust barely tall enough to ride it. DS and DD loved it as always. Niece tolerated it. I turned around and watched her for most of the ride and the look on her face was priceless, but it was clear that rollercoasters just aren’t her thing yet. Since it was a walk on my kids wanted to ride again, but she had no interest in it.

Niece doesn't like thrills, too bad. To each their own.

The kids, even niece, had a great time on this ride.

Another win for everyone, you're doing good here.

I stopped when DD looked like she was going to lose her breakfast.

Good call Dad.

I think they like this ride.

I think everyone liked this ride. These are some great ride photos.

We sat and enjoyed our meals. LG gave us a bit of a challenge as we were unable to get a big table all together. He was going through a stage where it was nearly impossible to keep him in a high chair and he was just beginning to eat some table food. So DW and I ended up handing him back and forth feeding him a combination of baby food and French fries while trying to eat our own food. This is how it worked at most of our meals, but we were usually fortunate enough to have extra hands to help.

Another challenge we will have too. It's so nice when you have more people to play pass the baby. BOG does a real good job of getting your out of the heat.

I'm here! Will catch up soon. I'm really looking forward to hearing about this trip and about how your newest addition made out on his first WDW adventure!

Granted it wasn't a huge heat wave while we were there, but temps were at least in the low 90's every day.

I need a perfect 76 degrees. princess: I can actually do quite well in the heat (love Vegas in the summer - at night 95+ degrees) - I don't like the humidity and the melting feeling. I fully admit to being spoiled by not having to 'deal' with any weather my entire life.

Which part... kids or getting impatient or hungry? Because you can take kids out of the equation and sometimes DW or I can be really impatient or hungry too! :rotfl2:

Very true....although, it is usually me that gets cranky. DH and I have no problem telling the other to suck it up. We usually go about it in a fun way like - Need a Snickers? With kids, I would think it would be tougher to keep them occupied. I've seen several restaurants bring out at least a little snack if the kitchen is backed up.

Zebra Domes are too, breakfast food!!!!
So is beer, but I didn't get one of those either. :rolleyes1

Ah! So it was for your own personal gain!

That's a Dad move too. ;)
::yes::

This is good to know.
Although I don't think it will be as hot in November.
I certainly hope not!

We spun.... rotten kid wouldn't not let me spin.
:rotfl2:

This is true. We have to use this strategy often.
It helps. Most of the time.

I'll have to pass this on to Danielle, it will make her feel better that you shared her fear.
Glad to help! :rotfl:

Bummer. I would have wanted the rarer Princesses too. You did get some great shots of DD with Cinderella and Elena.
Thanks!

Precious picture of LG.
Thanks!

Niece doesn't like thrills, too bad. To each their own.
I think she'd actually like it. She's a little bit of a daredevil in some ways, but she tends to be very timid and shy. If she had been in one of her rare outgoing good moods when we rode it I think she'd have liked it a lot more.

Another win for everyone, you're doing good here.
Luck. :rotfl2:

Good call Dad.
I wasn't taking any chances...

I think everyone liked this ride. These are some great ride photos.
We enjoyed it. Thanks!

Another challenge we will have too. It's so nice when you have more people to play pass the baby. BOG does a real good job of getting your out of the heat.
It definitely helps having extra hands. BOG really is a nice respite from the summer time heat, getting to sit in the AC in a dimly lit environment. It definitely helps you re charge.

I'm here! Will catch up soon. I'm really looking forward to hearing about this trip and about how your newest addition made out on his first WDW adventure!
Hi! I'm glad you could make it!

I need a perfect 76 degrees. princess: I can actually do quite well in the heat (love Vegas in the summer - at night 95+ degrees) - I don't like the humidity and the melting feeling. I fully admit to being spoiled by not having to 'deal' with any weather my entire life.
:rotfl2: I can understand that. We aren't close to water and I don't understand how it is that we have the humidity we have sometimes, but we do. Florida is typically hotter than home, but I've never really felt like it has been a lot worse when we've gone.

Very true....although, it is usually me that gets cranky. DH and I have no problem telling the other to suck it up. We usually go about it in a fun way like - Need a Snickers? With kids, I would think it would be tougher to keep them occupied. I've seen several restaurants bring out at least a little snack if the kitchen is backed up.
That's the truth. Disney is at least usually good about recognizing that and trying to get food out to the kids quickly. Not always, but usually.

If you’ve joined me before, welcome back!

Thank you! I feel welcome!

This trip was a rather large, elaborate extended family vacation including my family of 5, my parents, my 2 sisters and my brother in law and niece. If you're not counting, that's 11 people total with 9 tickets and connected FP+ to keep track of.

Holy cow! I don't think I realized quite how many of you there were! Adding extra people always seems to change your touring style a bit when you're used to travelling with a specific group. We even found this since Nathan and I are used to only worrying about the two of us, and then we did some park touring with his family (group of 7) and my family (group of 8).

I felt like I was constantly checking and updating things on the app or explaining where we had to be and when. I just didn’t have very many of those opportunities to get a picture, or just enjoy the moment.

Understandable! I love and hate the more technologically-based system at WDW now. Definitely has pros and cons. And working with such a large group and their different ideas made a difference I'm sure.

36234435320_d3e25c772a_k.jpg

Pretty fabulous-looking family you've got there!

Favorite Character: Moana… which is awesome because guess who’s not in the park and has no merchandise for sale at Disney World???? Try explaining to a 5 year old who has a temper with a hair trigger why you can’t meet her favorite Disney character.

I feel DD here. I—a grown adult—was pretty frustrated that I couldn't meet Moana anywhere on property.

Right now things are going ok… he’s having some issues with learning to drink from cups and bottles and gaining weight, but he’s doing well now and developmentally he’s right where he should be.

Excellent news! What a roller coaster you've all been on!

Our drive quickly hit a snag. Within a few miles of getting on the interstate, we hit a construction zone, then we followed that up with some heavy rain in Louisville and an accident south of there. Based on the GPS arrival time, we lost about 2 hours before we ever got out of Kentucky. It wasn’t the greatest start.

How incredibly frustrating!! We had similar congestion-related frustrations on our second day of driving when we went through DC and Virginia, and we lost SO much time.

I’m normally a cheapskate, but we had so much crap to haul in that I decided to tip bell services and request their help. They loaded a cart up and walked away with our stuff while I was still getting the last few things out.

We made serious use of bell services on our trip since we drove and had all the stuff from the wedding! I hate to pay someone to do something I can do myself, but in this case it was totally worth it!

I suggested walking down the hall and tapping her band on doors until one opens and then see if it is clean. She didn’t appreciate in that idea, so I let it go.

I wonder why she didn't take you up on this! :rotfl2:

The good news, since Mom went to the desk with her and Sis1 didn’t physically harm anyone, they gave everyone in Mom’s room and Sis1’s room 2 anytime FP’s for the following day at MK.

The bad news… I’m planning this frickin trip and organizing FP’s and nobody in my room got one.

Jeesh! Always the one who puts in the most work who's the most under-appreciated!

20 minutes later one finally shows up.

Wow, I hope the buses aren’t this bad all week. :rolleyes1

We were watching the clock at this point. We wanted to take the monorail from MK to the Contemporary, but I was starting to think walking might be quicker. On top of having a long wait, our bus driver was slow. Really slow. 28 minutes after we boarded the bus at AKL, we were finally getting off at MK.

Yes. 28 minutes.

Oh man. We had pretty great luck with busses at AKL, but I've heard from most people that they didn't have the same experience. That's wild!

I ended up stuffing myself.

Because buffet.

Naturally. ::yes::

But then at one point he walked up and took a plate from Sis2 while she literally had the fork in her hand eating from the plate.

This is my absolute biggest pet peeve at buffets! I can't believe it when a server takes a plate you're eating from!

He wouldn’t give them high fives or anything, but he also didn’t cry, so that’s something!

I consider that a win!

This is pretty adorable. :lovestruc

Disney did handle that well. That table basically disappeared. Like literally I look away and look back and the table was gone. I don’t know where it went or how they moved it out of a crowded restaurant so quickly. They managed to secure and completely block the area from view while they cleaned the floor. Had I not seen what happened when it happened, I’d probably never even know.

Wow!

Yeah, Disney seems to have a serious handle on that kind of stuff, with a procedure for every emergency. I'm seriously emetophobic, which means I have an unreasonable pathological fear of vomit, and I rarely see anything bothersome at Disney, not because it doesn't happen I'm sure, but just because of how they deal with it. When we were there in August we walked by a cast member casually standing in Frontierland over a large pile of napkins. Only because I looked closely did I notice that there was a tiny bit of puke at the edge of the pile peeking out. Mostly people walked right by and never would have known the difference.

A bus pulled up just after the fireworks ended, but before the masses could make it from Main Street to the bus stops. We got to sit down on a bus that was about half full for our ride back to AKL.

Nailed it!! :thumbsup2

It kind of bothered me that they separated us from the kids, even if just temporarily and obviously security never had eyes on them while they had us distracted going through their security checks. I get why security is there and unfortunately is needed. But after this, I refused to push the stroller to the side for the rest of the trip until I had emptied my pockets and I was getting ready to step through the metal detector myself. I had a few security officers who didn’t seem to like the fact that I kept my stroller in the way of the line, but I simply told them the stroller was staying with me until it was my turn to go through the detector and they didn’t really push the issue.

I don't even have kids and this rubs me the wrong way...

Turns out, DS wanted to wear a blue band (his was green). That means he put on LG’s band instead of his that morning. So it took a little bit of time, and I snapped at him for putting on the wrong band. I was in the wrong and probably a little too hard on him, but the CM who came to help got him a card to use for the day and it didn’t end up being a big deal.

These things happen! As do those kind of too-strong reactions by parents. Good for Disney for getting it sorted without too much trouble!

We did enjoy the show, it was nice, but it just didn’t have the same feel as the old show at the train station. The kids all enjoyed seeing the characters come out and it wasn’t a bad way to start the day.

I agree. Pleasant. Liked the characters. Just not the same.

Our plan had been to go to Winnie the Pooh next, but decided that another dark ride might not be the best course of action. Niece wanted to do the carousel. As much as it killed me to do something like the carousel 20 minutes after RD, we decided that doing something she wants to do might be the best choice.

Probably a good call! It's hard to sacrifice those early morning touring hours, but those first few Disney experiences can make or break a trip for a kid.

Lovely!! And Cinderella is looking particularly nice this day.

Niece has always been very slow to warm up to anyone other than Sis, BiL and Mom… she’s not a fan of Dad, can’t stand me and was slow to interact with DW. It was nice, because by the end of the week she was having a lot of fun with all of us and not acting so shy and afraid of everyone.

Awesome! The magic of a Disney vacation at work!

By the end of the week, we’d have more Mickey shaped straws from lemonade slushes than you could ever imagine.

These things are crazy! They multiply like rabbits! I don't know where we got all of ours!

When it was finally time to check in for lunch, we headed towards the Beast’s castle off in the distance. We got to the stand to check in only to find out we were standing in line behind the representative of a dance group with a reservation for 32!

Holy cow!!

Sis didn’t want to pre-order since she needs gluten free. I think she wanted to be more hands on about making sure she was eating safe food since she got sick from cross contamination on our last trip.

I feel this! I'm gluten free also, though probably less sensitive than your sister (i.e. I avoid gluten very strictly, but I gave in on this trip for the first time and ate the churros at Tiffins lounge, which are GF but aren't made in a dedicated fryer so there's a high change of cross-contamination, and I don't recall reacting to them.) The first time we ate at BOG I didn't pre-order, but then I risked it this last time and it was okay for me.

I know things started out a tad bit shaky, but it seems like everything worked itself out and you guys had a pretty good MK morning. Lots of Fantasyland accomplished. Sorry to hear your niece was pretty indifferent to a lot of the attractions; I can kind of relate, having one of those types of kids myself.
Loved the photos from Mine Train. Everyone looks like they're having a blast.

Glad your wife thought to go up that Cast Member with the receipt! When you've got hungry kids, you need food immediately!

And FL water does taste nasty...but I also agree that when it's that hot out, you really don't care. You just want the hydration and cool cup in your hands.

Thank you! I feel welcome!
I'm glad it worked! :rotfl:

Holy cow! I don't think I realized quite how many of you there were! Adding extra people always seems to change your touring style a bit when you're used to travelling with a specific group. We even found this since Nathan and I are used to only worrying about the two of us, and then we did some park touring with his family (group of 7) and my family (group of 8).
It definitely makes you do things a bit differently.

Understandable! I love and hate the more technologically-based system at WDW now. Definitely has pros and cons. And working with such a large group and their different ideas made a difference I'm sure.
::yes:: I see the upside, but it does take a lot of the spontaneous decisions away, especially with the inflated wait times on some of the attractions that used to be a walk on.

Pretty fabulous-looking family you've got there!
Thank you!

I feel DD here. I—a grown adult—was pretty frustrated that I couldn't meet Moana anywhere on property.
Moana just doesn't seem to get enough Disney love. They say that the movie didn't do as well as expected, but it seems to me that all our kids and their friends watch anymore is Moana. It certainly seems to have unseated Frozen among the 3 - 7 year old demographic. :rotfl:

Excellent news! What a roller coaster you've all been on!

How incredibly frustrating!! We had similar congestion-related frustrations on our second day of driving when we went through DC and Virginia, and we lost SO much time.
Yeah, I hate it when that happens. DC can be really bad when it gets backed up.

We made serious use of bell services on our trip since we drove and had all the stuff from the wedding! I hate to pay someone to do something I can do myself, but in this case it was totally worth it!
::yes:: You may not have traveled with kids, but with all the wedding stuff, I'm sure you can relate.

I wonder why she didn't take you up on this! :rotfl2:
I would have done it. :rolleyes1

Jeesh! Always the one who puts in the most work who's the most under-appreciated!
:sad2:

Oh man. We had pretty great luck with busses at AKL, but I've heard from most people that they didn't have the same experience. That's wild!
Yeah, it certainly wasn't how it worked for us. I would say AKL was the worst bus service, overall, that I've ever experienced at Disney World. Not just a long drive time, but long wait times.

Naturally. ::yes::
That's just what you do.

This is my absolute biggest pet peeve at buffets! I can't believe it when a server takes a plate you're eating from!
::yes:: I'd have stabbed him with my fork. :rotfl:

I consider that a win!

This is pretty adorable. :lovestruc
Thanks

Wow!

Yeah, Disney seems to have a serious handle on that kind of stuff, with a procedure for every emergency. I'm seriously emetophobic, which means I have an unreasonable pathological fear of vomit, and I rarely see anything bothersome at Disney, not because it doesn't happen I'm sure, but just because of how they deal with it. When we were there in August we walked by a cast member casually standing in Frontierland over a large pile of napkins. Only because I looked closely did I notice that there was a tiny bit of puke at the edge of the pile peeking out. Mostly people walked right by and never would have known the difference.
They definitely have it down to an art. I'm sure that when you're out in the heat and humidity, probably tired, possibly dehydrated and eating way more sugar and other rich foods than normal that it must happen pretty frequently. Thankfully they've perfected their system of dealing with it.

Nailed it!! :thumbsup2

I don't even have kids and this rubs me the wrong way...
Yeah, it seems like this aspect wasn't thought out well at all. They could certainly improve on it.

These things happen! As do those kind of too-strong reactions by parents. Good for Disney for getting it sorted without too much trouble!
Yeah... I felt bad, but I was also pretty frustrated with him.

I agree. Pleasant. Liked the characters. Just not the same.

Probably a good call! It's hard to sacrifice those early morning touring hours, but those first few Disney experiences can make or break a trip for a kid.
Yeah, it worked and she enjoyed it. Probably the first and last time we ever do the carousel so early!

Lovely!! And Cinderella is looking particularly nice this day.
::yes:: You can't go wrong with Cinderella.

Awesome! The magic of a Disney vacation at work!

These things are crazy! They multiply like rabbits! I don't know where we got all of ours!
I know! I think we brought home 20 - 30 of those things and I'm sure we lost a few along the way. They were a great use of snack credits though!

Holy cow!!
And it was tweens... I just can't even imagine...

I feel this! I'm gluten free also, though probably less sensitive than your sister (i.e. I avoid gluten very strictly, but I gave in on this trip for the first time and ate the churros at Tiffins lounge, which are GF but aren't made in a dedicated fryer so there's a high change of cross-contamination, and I don't recall reacting to them.) The first time we ate at BOG I didn't pre-order, but then I risked it this last time and it was okay for me.
Yeah, her cross contamination happened, we think, from Cosmic Rays. It actually caused her to miss our visit to BOG the following day so this was her first time there. I don't think she realized that the online menu was basically the same as the kiosk at BOG where you actually would order. She wanted to talk to a manager to be sure.

I know things started out a tad bit shaky, but it seems like everything worked itself out and you guys had a pretty good MK morning. Lots of Fantasyland accomplished.
::yes:: We had to change things around, but for the most part, we did things that we probably would have done anyway.

Sorry to hear your niece was pretty indifferent to a lot of the attractions; I can kind of relate, having one of those types of kids myself.
That's just how she is...

Loved the photos from Mine Train. Everyone looks like they're having a blast.
Always a fun ride.

Glad your wife thought to go up that Cast Member with the receipt! When you've got hungry kids, you need food immediately!
Oh yeah, who knows how long it could have been if he'd got away!

And FL water does taste nasty...but I also agree that when it's that hot out, you really don't care. You just want the hydration and cool cup in your hands.
True... when it's hot, I just want something cold. I can tolerate the water just fine.

:woohoo:

So glad to find this trip report! I have been away, and then occupied (with a canceled and then rebooked cruise) so I just now had a chance to find it. Great title and soooooo true. I'll come back to read later today. I'm off to look for whales from the beach.

:fish:

All caught up.

Great introduction to your family and a fantastic picture of the 5 of you. The kids are all very cute.

A trip with a group of people always has its challenges, especially when not everyone is on the same page as far as rides, or when others start questioning choices or rebelling against the plan.

:worship: On your drive to the world without much incident. Not a great start when you are 2 hours behind from the get-go.

I love the matching dresses on the girls for Chef Mickey.

Sorry the service for you dinner was horrible- the story about the Pluto stealing family getting theirs is hilarious.

Karma Ha Ha.jpg

Wow there were a few bumps along Main Street on your Magic Kingdom morning.

That's great that your niece warmed up to others during the trip.

I'm fine with Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, but no thank you on the tea cups.

:sick:

And I thought 11 was a big group.

Not just 32 people... 32 tweens.

No thanks.

Phhht! 32 :sad2:

The last 8th grade class trip we did had 100 teens (13 and 14) and 30 chaperones. I made FP for more than half of them. At least they don't have to travel all together.

:crowded:

Yours is the very next one I will get to, Andy! Going back to the couple of chapters I missed to catch up later tonight. :) Hope you're having a great start to your week!

So glad to find this trip report! I have been away, and then occupied (with a canceled and then rebooked cruise) so I just now had a chance to find it. Great title and soooooo true. I'll come back to read later today. I'm off to look for whales from the beach.
So did you find any?

All caught up.

That was quick!

Great introduction to your family and a fantastic picture of the 5 of you. The kids are all very cute.
Thanks!

A trip with a group of people always has its challenges, especially when not everyone is on the same page as far as rides, or when others start questioning choices or rebelling against the plan.
I don't think there was much questioning or rebelling, but more a lack of input before the fact during the planning stage and then wanting to give input in the moment... :rolleyes1

Ok, I guess that could count as questioning...

:worship: On your drive to the world without much incident. Not a great start when you are 2 hours behind from the get-go.
Yeah, it was a rough start, but thankfully the rest of the drive was pretty smooth.

I love the matching dresses on the girls for Chef Mickey.
Those are actually shirts with a little ruffle at the bottom. Mom wanted them to have some matching outfits for the trip and DW found those at Sam's Club. They're Finding Dory outfits and the reason they wore them that evening is because they have pants and we figured only being out for a couple of hours, mostly in the A/C meant that this was the only chance they'd have for pants.

Sorry the service for you dinner was horrible- the story about the Pluto stealing family getting theirs is hilarious.

karma-ha-ha-jpg.269704
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Wow there were a few bumps along Main Street on your Magic Kingdom morning.
::yes:: Thankfully the morning smoothed itself out.

That's great that your niece warmed up to others during the trip.
It was nice getting to spend enough time with her during the week that she finally came around. She was even fine with me playing with her at her birthday party a few weeks ago, so hopefully she's over it.

I'm fine with Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, but no thank you on the tea cups.
Real motion, good. Fake motion, bad. That's how I view it.

Phhht! 32 :sad2:

The last 8th grade class trip we did had 100 teens (13 and 14) and 30 chaperones. I made FP for more than half of them. At least they don't have to travel all together.
You're far more brave (possibly crazy?) than I.

Yours is the very next one I will get to, Andy! Going back to the couple of chapters I missed to catch up later tonight. :) Hope you're having a great start to your week!
Better hurry! I might update soon!

I forgot to mention that I love your TR title. On one of my boys early trips, I think 2008, so Ben was 7, he kept saying "These are the best chicken nuggets" every time he ordered them.

So did you find any?

That depends on if I need to apply DIS standards to the sightings.

There have been reports for the last week of whales feeding about 50-100 feet from the shore due to an abundance of fish in the shallows. Less than 5 minutes after I arrived, I saw a whale and took about a dozen decent photos. Then I noticed there was no memory card in the camera. That seems to be my M.O. WHY does a camera let you take photos if it is not recording them. I had another camera with a card, but the rest of the photos I got were crap.

If you don't get a decent photo, did it still considered finding one?

I did better with the seals. And as I was leaving, I saw a fin in the water. Possibly a shark, but more likely an ocean sunfish (mola mola)

It was nice getting to spend enough time with her during the week that she finally came around. She was even fine with me playing with her at her birthday party a few weeks ago, so hopefully she's over it.

:goodvibes

Real motion, good. Fake motion, bad. That's how I view it.

Or don't view it. Unless you want to get nauseous.

:sick:

Last edited:
We talked a little bit about the changes taking place and she made a point to tell me how awesome the thought Flight of Passage is. It was a nice little interaction.

I love those times when you can hit up a CM and just slow down enough to talk some.

We had our standard ~20 minute wait for the bus followed by 20+ minutes driving and arrived at MK at around 8:30.

Story of my bus-life. :sad2:

It kind of bothered me that they separated us from the kids, even if just temporarily and obviously security never had eyes on them while they had us distracted going through their security checks.

Uhhh, YEAH!!! Not okay!

I was in the wrong and probably a little too hard on him,

It happens. As long as there's a sincere apology to follow. :)

And it sounds like there was.

I try not to hit people with the stroller, but I wasn’t expecting that and got Mom good, knocking her shoe completely off her foot.

OUCH! But that's like what... #1 Disney touring Rule?

I was waiting with Dad, BiL and LG. I was on the app checking wait times and trying to formulate a plan since we were pretty much already scrapping the original plan at this point.

I hate throwing out the whole plan, but glad you know enough that you can re-make one on the fly.

We decided to push our luck and go ride Barnstormer. Niece was juuuuust barely tall enough to ride it. DS and DD loved it as always. Niece tolerated it. I turned around and watched her for most of the ride and the look on her face was priceless, but it was clear that rollercoasters just aren’t her thing yet. Since it was a walk on my kids wanted to ride again, but she had no interest in it.

She didn't like it? Heck, even *I* like Barnstormer!

because even though it was just after 10, it was July 9 and it was 5000% humidity and 300 degrees out.

So quite mild for an Orlando July 9th!

DW decided to make the ultimate sacrifice and sit this ride out.

Oh the humanity! Such a deep loss!

I stopped when DD looked like she was going to lose her breakfast.

Always a good time to re-think the velocity.

Seriously… I can spin the crap out of a teacup, but Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at that other park makes me feel like I’m gonna hurl. Or die. Or maybe just wish I was dead.

I need to get my Disney-loving, never wavering hiney over to US someday.

we ended up getting some free cups of ice water

more free ice water.

we would ask for an extra few cups of ice water.

3 Cheers for free Disney ice water!!!!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I saw a CM come in with what looked like it might be our food and he turned the other way and started looking at receipts at a couple of tables. He didn’t find what he was looking for and started to turn to leave the library so DW hopped up and went over to him with our receipt. Thankfully she did because he had our food!

:sad2:

I was underwhelmed with the service there myself. Seemed a bit chaotic; and we waited a LONG time for our food. SAme thing. Servers not sure where food was supposed to go.

but Cinderella won out.

Really? I know it's her castle and all, but Tia and Blondie are superior princess, in our house at least.

Spoiler alert... we never got a chance to go back for Tiana and Rapunzel.

Awe man! Looks like DD liked her princess time any how. And I see the little fella is already a ladies man!

but it was clear that rollercoasters just aren’t her thing yet.

Yeesh! What is her thing?

even though it was just after 10, it was July 9 and it was 5000% humidity and 300 degrees out.

Yeah, swamp land summer is brutal. It's the humidity, it's oppressive, physically. I'm gonna miss it so much when winter comes...

DW decided to make the ultimate sacrifice and sit this ride out.

What a wonderful woman. I too would have made that sacrifice; that rides the worst! It's like the roller coaster at Coney Island, only a child is driving it. Nope!

It was nice, because by the end of the week she was having a lot of fun with all of us and not acting so shy and afraid of everyone.

That's great! I'm glad she came outta her bubble a bit.

Seriously… I can spin the crap out of a teacup, but Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at that other park makes me feel like I’m gonna hurl. Or die. Or maybe just wish I was dead.

Wait, there's another theme park in Orlando?!?

Honestly, with her, indifference is about as good of a reaction as you can expect most of the time so I guess it was a huge success.

Oye vey.

Unfortunately, the message got lost in translation and Sis and BiL forgot to ask for the pass. Oh well… at least we still had our FP

To be fair, this was our first time using rider swap and they really don't explain it to you at all. We still had the lanyard when we boarded Space cause no one said anything about exchanging it for a ticket.

I think they like this ride

These pictures are awesome! I can't quote them on the tablet, but the best! You gotta frame that second one, at least a 5x7, too cute!

eally it is probably just so cold that it numbs the taste buds, but in any case, we really came to appreciate and take full advantage of the free cups of ice water.

Lol! In that heat they could probably serve you the water from Pirates of the Caribbean and as long as it was cold, it'd be enjoyable.

a reservation for 32

:scared1:

think she wanted to be more hands on about making sure she was eating safe food since she got sick from cross contamination on our last trip.

I don't blame her. People in the service industry have a bad habit of not taking those requests seriously. Since a lot of people make dietary choices but don't have medical reasons to, sometimes I think chefs and servers don't pay such close attention.

The kids were getting impatient and hungry.

It-oh, that's a recipe for disaster.

so DW hopped up and went over to him with our receipt.

:thumbsup2

DW and I ended up handing him back and forth feeding him a combination of baby food and French fries while trying to eat our own food.

Sounds like the last three years of my life.

Days panning out pretty good so far. Hope the rest of the trip is as successful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter