Disney Has the Best Chicken Nuggets Ever! - Update Dump - Finally Completed!

Yay! That's awesome! You must have some charismatic kids :)
::yes:: They really can be if they want to. DD tends to be overly shy at times, so it can really be hit or miss. Last time we were there she didn't want to do anything.

No way! What are the chances!? That's great :)
It was definitely a lucky find!

Oh gawd. Why is it soo difficult for families (esp. who aren't familiar with Disney) to stay together!? I only spent a few hours at Epcot with Nathan's family and it drove me nuts trying not to lose people in the crowd.
That's the thing... they are familiar with Disney and still wandered off.

Yay! So cute! You've got a brave little one!
::yes::

I've heard that pixie dust is impossible to remove!
It's a curse that you can't escape.

Ok, so this is adorable.
::yes:: She was great about trying to get him to smile and get some good pictures for us.

Bahaha excellent. Almost as good as the rhino.
At first, I was disappointed. Then when she did that joke, I actually laughed out loud. I mean, I enjoy JC, but we've heard all the puns so many times, that it is hard to get a genuine reaction from some of them. So I guess I'm not so opposed to changing things out to give the skippers some new material!

Woah! Who knew! Well good for her.
She was being really adventurous on this trip. Only a couple of rides actually scared her.

Oh. My. Lanta.

Way to go though—super-frustrated superdad to the rescue!

Nathan's mom was also a little too courteous for the tough neighbourhood that is Disney. When we booked FP at 60 days she was upset because she didn't know which rides she'd want to ride yet, so I just booked the ones I told her would be best, and she was worried because she didn't want to take a FP she didn't end up feeling like using from someone else who might want it. ...very kind, Linda, but it's a dog-eat-dog world at Disney! If you don't want to ride Soarin', we'll change it! Or I'll go twice!
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: The FP story is hilarious. But yeah, I think we can relate on this topic.

Thank you! Spoiler alert: I have to agree.
:thumbsup2

I liked HEA. I thought it was nice, and the projections were very impressive. Soundtrack was quite good. But I couldn't fall in love with it. At least not the first time I saw it. I think part of it comes from my lingering nostalgia for Wishes, and a lot of it was that I felt like it had less plot/story for me to latch on to and follow.
Very well said. I did love the projections and some of the new special "shaped" fireworks. But the whole package just fell a little flat to me.

Probably didn't help. When we watched HEA, we had a lady and her kid who tried to muscle in front of us in order to fit within the taped off section. We'd been waiting 15-20 minutes in our decent spot. She came in as the show was starting and, quite literally, elbowed her way through. We told her no, and she went off on us and did it anyway. Which put a damper on things. Hard not to let human emotion cloud these things a little.
Yeah, that definitely doesn't help the experience. You should have broke out in tears about how that evil witch was ruining your wedding day. At least guilt trip her or something... :rolleyes1

Cool! Always a nice bonus when they can be part of the show.

Hey, nice save there!
Whew! It was close!

Because it's a world of laughter...

:sad2: If it was more than 30 seconds, it was too much.
Agreed. But kids.

Awww....look at that little guy.
See! He really wanted to ride it!

I can totally get where he's coming from.
:rotfl2:

Well, it's not like it's crowded or anything.
Disney World in mid July? Nah, it was a ghost town.

Just shoot me now!
Better yet... :drinking1

Hey, they can be taught!
Repetition is the key.

Bath time must be challenging.
:faint:

Ah, glitter. The STD of the craft world. Once you have it, you can never get rid of it.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Truer words have never been spoken.

That is such a great shot!
Thanks

C'mon, Mom! Get with the program here!

Really? I wonder why they made that change.:confused3
I don't know. I never heard or saw anything about it before our trip. I've googled it since and haven't found anything conclusive. There's a rumor I've found that the rhino is being undergoing a major refurb so they just moved hyenas into position there as a temporary scene while the rhino is gone, but it sounds like the rhino has been gone since early 2017... Who knows?

Sweet. Load 'em up!
::yes:: And they rarely drank much so more for DW and me. They were fantastic to have on those hot days.

Yeah, seriously. That sounds like a sad backstory there.

I'm sure that wasn't awkward or anything.
Not for me. I was too busy stuffing my face to care.

:rotfl2: Now that is some hardcore Zurg-blasting!

Nothing like wrestling a toddler while you try and give them medicine they're just going to spit out. Parenthood FTW!
Always a treat... :faint:

Gee, thanks for the help, BiL.
We wanted to make sure she was plenty scared outside. I'd rather have her freak out and say she didn't want to do it there than once we were getting ready to load.

Whew. Nice work conquering the mountain, DD!
She did awesome!

Can't talk. Dole Whips.

No time for niceties! Get those elbows up!
I'm a big guy. All she had to do was stay in my wake and there isn't even any need for elbows.

Wishes was fine, but I didn't have a lot of emotional attachment to it. That being said, HEA is (like most of these night shows) definitely a Disney clip show.

I felt the same way about HEA after seeing it for the first time a few weeks ago. Wasn't bad by an means, but I had zero emotional connection to it, which is what Disney shows has always done for me. With Wishes I had to see it multiple times a trip... going forward, I can do trips without seeing HEA.
Exactly. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Worth it. I went solo and felt... weird a bit. A grown man? Seeing a kid's show?
But I was impressed with the technology behind it all.
::yes:: I mean I think it is something that everybody should see once. You know? But if it weren't for the kids... I'm not sure it is worth ever going back.

Good idea. Looooong waits.

It's all her fault!!

Oh. Nevermind Sis2!

I wonder if she took it and immediately put it in the stroller and forgot about it.
I'm guessing that's what happened. We came out and I was loading LG and DD into the stroller, so she must have just tucked it in there while she was waiting on us since she didn't want to keep track of it.

Like I said. Technology. Lumiere is really impressive.

Belle looks like she's been into Beast's wine cellar a few times.
If you had to hear the same story over and over all day, wouldn't you want a little something to get you through the day too?

I'm sorry. My condolences.
I forgot my ear buds so AC/DC wasn't an option.

While I wouldn't wait... well, at all for that ride... 20 minutes for anything in Disney isn't bad at all.
Not at all. It was actually one of the longer waits we had this trip because somebody is good at planning... :rolleyes1

Good plan.
See!

:laughing: Love that shot!!
Thanks!

Awwww!!!! Best shot ever.
Thanks!

They grow up so fast. :sad1:
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

:lmao: Of course!
Like I said, herding squirrels.

You can put leashes on squirrels.

Hmmm.....
That's an idea for next trip! We'll get some of those toddler backpack leashes and modify them to fit an adult.

Actually, neither do I. Having older kids, I've never bothered to look into the logistics of rider swap.
I just know the term and (vaguely) a little of its mysteries.
Well, for most rides, they were able to ride with their FP and then they could ride a second time with whoever took the rider swap. In this case, they didn't have FP because we were using the free ones that were given to Mom and Sis's rooms at check in.

:laughing: Nice shot!
Thanks

Thanks

ride.... some... carpets....

7 times in a row..... I'm still traumatized.
Wanna know how many times I rode the carpets on this trip?

I'll give you a hint.

It's less than 7.

"So..... why am I here exactly?"
That's what I wanted to know too. Kid doesn't even have enough hair to cut!

That CM is working hard to make it fun for LG.
::yes:: She was awesome.

Crocs... no. Themed Crocs? Yes.
Disney themes make almost everything better.

I totally get this. My Sis was the same.
It's just easier to let them make that call than to fight them on the issue.

I'm wondering why she needed to?
If she got that far, she was okay. There was another tapstile farther up anyway, no?
No, I think she just felt like she was in violation of Disney law because she didn't tap her band to use the FP that she felt like she had to go back and do it... I don't know. I sure wouldn't have gone back if it were me!

Horrible... so... good!
The joke definitely made up for the fact that the rhino was gone.

Awww.. Tough one.
::yes:: I felt bad for the guy.

"So what am I supposed to be doing?"
It helps if you can see over the gun and aim it.

Good for her! And the expression on her face speaks volumes.

Not again!
That's what I said!

Look at all those happy faces!!!!

Well... I can't blame her there.
Ok, ok...

BEST?
CAKE?
CALM?
CUTE?
FINE?
FREE?
GLAD?
GOOD?
HOPE?
KIND?
LIKE?
LOVE?
LUCK?
NICE?
REST?
WISE?

Are any of these close?
The 4th and 5th have one letter right and the 4th from the bottom has 3 letters right. I'll let you do the math...

Close one. Impressive.
I definitely got my workout.

Hmmm... Guess I'll see for myself in November.
Does not bode well.
You might like it. I mean I liked it, I just didn't like it as well as some of the other evening shows. I'd place it ahead of Illuminations on the pecking order.

:rotfl2::lmao: This is my mom....all....the....time. My dad, hubs and I once sat on a restaurant patio and watched her wander down a street of shops - she was oblivious that we ha been waiting on her.

This is priceless - I've not had to worry about this....yet.
The good news was that I think he realized it might take a while to find her so he just found a bench to sit in the shade and wait. He didn't go far at all, but we just didn't see where he went.

That pic is so stinking cute. Definitely a keeper.
Thanks!

:rotfl2::lmao::lmao::lmao: This is going in the shared code vocabulary for hubs and I.

he pictures of LG's first haircut are adorable!
Thanks!

Glad to hear DD braved two of the mountains with no issues. Honestly, Space Mountain can be intense for adults, so it's great that she didn't freak out.
I know. She doesn't like the dark, so I was impressed that she handled it so well.

Your poor mother...always wandering off or getting stuck in some part of the park.

I'm guessing the Dole Whips were gone by the time you made it back to everyone with the rest of your party?
I think they might have been abandoned at some point in their journey when DS decided he could no longer walk. She was trying to carry him, but he's 60 pounds so it sounded like they'd make it a few feet then find a spot to stop and rest.

I completely agree with you on Happily Ever After. It does not measure up to Wishes, at all.

Great TR. I totally know what you mean...it's hard being "in charge" and have to make others follow the plan lol...I am always that person too! Sounds like in the end it all worked out ok but not without stress on your part!! I didn't mind HEA but then, I'm usually the type to try to get on rides during the show lol
I used to be that way. I loved the fireworks because they drew the crowds out to Main Street and I could just ride everything. But DW and the kids like the shows so that has become more of a priority.

I've never traveled with a stroller (at least, not since shortly after I was the one in the stroller), so I can't be sure about this, but I have some friends who have kids, and I always thought there was some rule that whenever you can't find something, it's always hidden in the stroller somewhere. That's just how the stroller works ... it collects assorted odds and ends.
::yes:: For someone without kids, you have a really good grasp on stroller dynamics.

I'm kinda amused that you kept losing your mom. Wandering kids you kind of expect ... wandering parents, not as much.
We'd drilled it into the kids heads that they could not wander off. If we'd go anyplace local and they'd start to wander off leading up to the trip, we'd have a talk with them and explain why they can't do that in Disney World and had to stay with an adult. It almost got to the point that we would worry if they went anywhere with mom...

I love the first haircut pictures! That really is such a cute idea to do for a kid.
Thanks! They did a great job of working with both of the boys.

I haven't seen HEA yet, but ... I don't know that I'm excited to see it. I'm trying to be excited, but I love Wishes so much, and I keep hearing meh reviews of HEA. I'm trying to lower my expectations so that I'm not disappointed when I do eventually see, but ... I still want Wishes and MSEP back.
I tried to have lower expectations. I knew mine would be too high, regardless. Again, it isn't a bad show. I enjoyed it. But if I had a chance to watch Wishes more than once on a trip, I'd probably do it. HEA just didn't hit me that way.

Wow that sounds like a long day! I'm glad you were able to find the PP card before the pictures expired. Very cute and the kids must have been pleased to get to play a role in the reenactment.

You were able to get on quite a few rides there with your calculated use of the FP+, that must have been really annoying that everyone kept wandering off. Sorry to hear that HEA was not so much of a favorite for you. I may have only seen Wishes once or twice, so I'm not really sure how much of it I remember, but I know everyone seems really bummed with it's replacement.

::yes:: I mean I think it is something that everybody should see once. You know? But if it weren't for the kids... I'm not sure it is worth ever going back.

Agreed on all points.

If you had to hear the same story over and over all day, wouldn't you want a little something to get you through the day too?

:laughing: Yes!

I forgot my ear buds so AC/DC wasn't an option.

bc9.gif

Not at all. It was actually one of the longer waits we had this trip because somebody is good at planning... :rolleyes1

<fist bump>

That's an idea for next trip! We'll get some of those toddler backpack leashes and modify them to fit an adult.

You're welcome!

I'll give you a hint.

It's less than 7.

I hate you.

That's what I wanted to know too. Kid doesn't even have enough hair to cut!

Coulda been worse.
Like youngest DD's first hair cut... where they made her into a boy. :sad2: DW was less than impressed.

The 4th and 5th have one letter right and the 4th from the bottom has 3 letters right. I'll let you do the math...

I think we just found a way to circumvent the DIS guidelines. :rolleyes:

You might like it. I mean I liked it, I just didn't like it as well as some of the other evening shows. I'd place it ahead of Illuminations on the pecking order.

I'd place pretty much everything ahead of Illuminations.

Wow that sounds like a long day! I'm glad you were able to find the PP card before the pictures expired. Very cute and the kids must have been pleased to get to play a role in the reenactment.
It definitely was a long day. It was a relief to find the PP card, because the kids really had a good time doing the show.

You were able to get on quite a few rides there with your calculated use of the FP+, that must have been really annoying that everyone kept wandering off. Sorry to hear that HEA was not so much of a favorite for you. I may have only seen Wishes once or twice, so I'm not really sure how much of it I remember, but I know everyone seems really bummed with it's replacement.
I'm probably more bummed by the loss of Wishes than it's replacement. It's a good show, it just doesn't quite measure up to some of the other night time shows, IMO.

<fist bump>
<fist bump>

I hate you.
That's ok. I'm not on a flying carpet so I'll get over it.

Coulda been worse.
Like youngest DD's first hair cut... where they made her into a boy. :sad2: DW was less than impressed.

I think we just found a way to circumvent the DIS guidelines. :rolleyes:
It's even better than this one that we used to use in the DDC... :thumbsup2 (not a thumb)

I'd place pretty much everything ahead of Illuminations.
:rolleyes1... yeah, me too.

DD and DS both wanted to try to get a part. For the second time ever, DD was picked to be Chip and DS was picked to be Phillipe.
Glad they both got a part :thumbsup2

A few weeks later we were at the zoo with the kids. DD was going through a small pocket in the stroller and found the PP card…. Literally days before the pictures were to be deleted so we actually have them for you to see!
Well at least you found them at some point

After seeing Belle, we went to ride IASW. I should have got the FP here and then grabbed JC later, but when I checked MDE it showed a shorter wait for IASW and I wanted to make sure we got the time that we did for JC. So we ended up waiting 20 minutes to ride IASW. While we were in line, I formulated a plan. Sis and Mom’s rooms had those free FP’s from the check in difficulties. After riding IASW, we were going to go over to Splash Mountain. They could ride with the FP’s and we’d get a couple of Rider Swap passes so DW and I could take DS and DD after they ride.
Great use of the extra fastpasses and rider swap ::yes::

You're killing me with the cuteness

Where’s Mom?

While we were taking turns using the facilities she had wandered off. And nobody knew where. After texts and phone calls we finally located her.

Only to realize that Dad had wandered off while we were looking for Mom.

This folks, was my life for the week. I won’t get into every case where this happened, but it felt like I was herding squirrels.
Oh no, I'm sorry, this would be incredibly frustrating to me too. It does make for good comedy as a reader of this TR though.

We got to the barber shop and checked in. There was nobody in there so they got us in right away. LG tolerated the haircut just fine. Frankly, it didn’t take long. He basically had 1 little long section on the back of his head that could be cut. They were great about talking to him and playing with him. DS got his hair cut and they topped it off with some “pirate dust” and even got some pixie dust out for DD. That must have been some industrial strength pixie dust because that stuff was still sticking around in her hair a week later.
I love this experience, so cute they all did it.

DW went to find a table while DD and I got our food. We made it to the front of the line and the CM behind the counter started chatting us up. He was a super nice guy, but I kind of started feeling a little sad by the time we got our food. He was from Brazil and was telling DD that she reminds him of his granddaughter. He then starts giving her all kinds of stickers and told us that he’s never seen his granddaughter in person before, just through facetime, but he’s saving up to bring her to Disney World later this year. I felt bad for the guy not having a chance to see his granddaughter yet, but I really hope that he’s able to make that trip happen for her!
Aww, that's sad, but also incredibly sweet.

Everybody else got back and BiL started trying to talk DD out of riding. He told her she’d be too scared because it is so dark. Honestly, we were afraid she’d freak out. I wasn’t crazy about taking her on it, but she wanted to go and I wasn’t going to tell her no. The CM measured her and she was just barely tall enough. We were walking in and I explained that she had to sit by herself. She said she wanted me to sit behind her and hold on to her. She never hesitated to hop in and ride. She screamed the whole time. I thought the ride was turning out to be a disaster, but apparently it was happy screams because as soon as we got off she said she wanted to do it again!
Wow, good for her, that face though :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

So after I stewed on it for a little bit, I took off through the crowd. I walked across the hub and out to Tomorrowland. When I found them, I put DS up on my shoulders and told Mom to try to keep up. She tends to be a little too courteous in a crowded environment. It’s not like I was pushing anyone out of the way or anything, but if there was a gap, I was going. I’d look over my shoulder from time to time to make sure she was keeping up, because I was going just about as fast as I could. We ended up having to take the long way around and had to walk back by the plaza before I could head back up Main Street to the rest of our group, but we made it just before HEA began.
Great timing, it all worked out at least.

As for the show.

Well...

Sorry.

I liked Wishes.

To me, HEA was just their way to make us forget about the fact that there’s no parade. So in my eyes, it is the replacement for MSEP and Wishes all in one. It’s a good show, the projections and fireworks are great.

But it just didn’t do much for me.
I am right there with you. While I haven't seen it in person, I think it was the lazy out and I do not appreciate that. I miss Wishes :sad:

Just got caught up again. I have to say that I can relate to the "where's mom?" - but for me, it's "where's Dug?" Ha, I'm always losing him at WDW. You also reminded me that Izzy may be able to ride Space Mountain on our trip next month (she is right on the cusp, will probably come down to the CM measuring her). I think she will feel the same way as your DD if she gets to ride.

Two words - Nose rings.

Guaranteed they won't wander too far and will follow wherever you're going.
Lot harder with squirrels. They have small noses, so you'll have to sedate them or get professional veterinary help.

I'll give you a hint.

It's less than 7.
Seven? Only a lunatic would do 7. Oh, hi pkondz, didn't notice you there. :wave:

No, I think she just felt like she was in violation of Disney law because she didn't tap her band to use the FP that she felt like she had to go back and do it... I don't know. I sure wouldn't have gone back if it were me!
Good thing the FP Police didn't find out...she could have been locked in IASW for the day. On the other hand, that's such a cruel punishment, they may not have done that for a first offense.

Oh my, must've been quite the angry Andy. That was slightly easier to figure out that the Enigma code. :lmao:

I don't mind illuminations as much as most evidently. I like it for the fact when the flame shoots, you can feel it across the entire lagoon.

The good news was that I think he realized it might take a while to find her so he just found a bench to sit in the shade and wait. He didn't go far at all, but we just didn't see where he went.
So, what you're saying is he's gotten so used to her wandering off and just sits and waits?

I tried to have lower expectations. I knew mine would be too high, regardless. Again, it isn't a bad show. I enjoyed it. But if I had a chance to watch Wishes more than once on a trip, I'd probably do it. HEA just didn't hit me that way.
So, maybe a ride the rides while the crowds are distracted option is in your future again! Woo hoo!

Two words - Nose rings.

That's what those are for!
I thought it was to hang clothes on.

Now I know.

Seven? Only a lunatic would do 7. Oh, hi pkondz, didn't notice you there. :wave:

Two people. That's two people I hate now.

Guess how many times I've ridden it since then?

zero.
God willing, it will remain so.

I don't mind illuminations as much as most evidently. I like it for the fact when the flame shoots, you can feel it across the entire lagoon.

So you're saying that Illuminations is just as good to watch with your back to it?

So I have been reading your TR's for a while now...maybe haven't commented except when LG was born. But I somehow just found this TR and this picture made me tear up. From reading the report that included the first few months of his life to seeing this...WOW! How wonderful!

Loving the report so far. You definitely keep me laughing! "Where's Mom?" I know this situation all too well!

Glad they both got a part :thumbsup2
::yes:: They both seemed to really enjoy doing it!

Well at least you found them at some point
Just in time...

Great use of the extra fastpasses and rider swap ::yes::
It worked well. I was a little slow coming up with the plan, but after multiple discussions and explanations about how we are going to go up as kind of 2 groups and obtain adequate rider swaps, I started to feel more comfortable that we could pull it off without somebody screwing up the plan. :rotfl2:

You're killing me with the cuteness
Gotta give the readers something that makes it worth sticking around!

Oh no, I'm sorry, this would be incredibly frustrating to me too. It does make for good comedy as a reader of this TR though.

I love this experience, so cute they all did it.
It was nice. Honestly, it really isn't something that costs an astronomical "Disney upcharge" compared to real world prices too.

Aww, that's sad, but also incredibly sweet.
::yes:: I felt bad for the guy.

Wow, good for her, that face though :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Great timing, it all worked out at least.
::yes:: Could have done without the stress, but at least we all got to see it!

I am right there with you. While I haven't seen it in person, I think it was the lazy out and I do not appreciate that. I miss Wishes :sad:
Honestly the lazy out angle was my thought the moment they first mentioned it. When DW asked me if I saw they were replacing Wishes I said they're only doing it to make us forget about MSEP. I'm probably a little harder on it just because that was my initial reaction.

Just got caught up again. I have to say that I can relate to the "where's mom?" - but for me, it's "where's Dug?" Ha, I'm always losing him at WDW.
I thought that was intentional so you could get more solo time. :rolleyes1

You also reminded me that Izzy may be able to ride Space Mountain on our trip next month (she is right on the cusp, will probably come down to the CM measuring her). I think she will feel the same way as your DD if she gets to ride.
Good luck! Honestly, we measured before the trip and thought DD would make it pretty easily.

Two words - Nose rings.

Guaranteed they won't wander too far and will follow wherever you're going.
Lot harder with squirrels. They have small noses, so you'll have to sedate them or get professional veterinary help.
Good thing Sis2 is a vet tech...

Oh my, must've been quite the angry Andy. That was slightly easier to figure out that the Enigma code. :lmao:
Ok... I may or may not have said that. Probably closer to the not. But it was the best answer I could come up with. :rotfl2:

I like the holiday version with the finale that has so many explosions it rattles your bones.
Honestly, it's alright. I kind of don't care if I see it or not though.

So, what you're saying is he's gotten so used to her wandering off and just sits and waits?
No, he's just smart enough to sit down and get off his feet any time there's an opportunity to do so.

So, maybe a ride the rides while the crowds are distracted option is in your future again! Woo hoo!
We'll see!

Two people. That's two people I hate now.

Guess how many times I've ridden it since then?

zero.
God willing, it will remain so.
Hey! Congratulations!!!

You guessed how many times I rode it on this trip!!! :duck:

So I have been reading your TR's for a while now...maybe haven't commented except when LG was born. But I somehow just found this TR and this picture made me tear up.
Thank you! He's really doing great now. Just started walking about a month ago and he's all over the place now.

From reading the report that included the first few months of his life to seeing this...WOW! How wonderful!
::yes:: It's been an adventure.

Loving the report so far. You definitely keep me laughing! "Where's Mom?" I know this situation all too well!
Thanks! I know there are plenty of people who can relate with that situation. We haven't seen the last of it either.

Andy I tried to reply a few days ago but either the website or my computer was giving me fits.

It was for Enchanted Tales with Belle.

Danielle still likes this one. Glad your gang did it too.

DD and DS both wanted to try to get a part. For the second time ever, DD was picked to be Chip and DS was picked to be Phillipe.

Way to go! It really makes it special when the kids get to help out with the story telling.

DD was going through a small pocket in the stroller and found the PP card…. Literally days before the pictures were to be deleted so we actually have them for you to see!

So glad you found this. Really great pictures of the kids.

I formulated a plan. Sis and Mom’s rooms had those free FP’s from the check in difficulties. After riding IASW, we were going to go over to Splash Mountain. They could ride with the FP’s and we’d get a couple of Rider Swap passes so DW and I could take DS and DD after they ride.

Sounds like a really good plan. I've never used rider swap but I need to get this figured out before we go in February.

What a cool dude! Actually all the pictures taken while y'all were waiting are super cute.

Where’s Mom?

Oh dear!

This folks, was my life for the week. I won’t get into every case where this happened, but it felt like I was herding squirrels.

This reminds me of a trip report I read a few years back. Large family group and she called it "herding cats".

It might be hard to tell from the picture, but she actually was riding right next to me.

36389552924_77ed2d19fd_k.jpg

I love this picture! Everyone is having such a blast.

Precious! But once again all the pictures of the kids doing this are really good.

We got on our boat and had a nice cruise! Our skipper was fantastic, but I was a bit disappointed to find out that the Rhino was gone and replaced by a pack of hyenas.

The poachers were no longer getting the point in the end.

It was the altered scene in May too. Just not the same.

I thought the ride was turning out to be a disaster, but apparently it was happy screams because as soon as we got off she said she wanted to do it again!

I think you have a thrill seekers.

We came back out and found Dad sitting with LG. We asked the famous question, where’s mom?

Not again.

but we made it just before HEA began.

Wow, what a ride. So glad you made it back in time. I would have done the same thing, except for carrying the child, just not that tall or strong. But I would have gone to get them.

We saw it for the first time in May. I liked it but I feel I need to see it again. We were all the way in the front of the park by the Roy Disney statue. I want to be closer next time.

I'm glad they scored some parts! Those were hard to come by when we went. How funny they got the same ones again!

a small pocket in the strolle

There is a portal in those little pockets! In purses, diaper bags, strollers and men's jeans. Things disappear from the world and are returned to those locations, I swear!

we ended up waiting 20 minutes to ride IASW

WHAT?! I'm sure you were psychedelic on that one. Got some darling pictures of LG and the grandparents though!

They could ride with the FP’s and we’d get a couple of Rider Swap passes so DW and I could take DS and DD after they ride

Good plan!

Oh my. Glad we dodged that bullet!

DD and DS didn’t really seem to understand why they couldn’t just go tap their bands and ride with everyone else so they were getting a little bit restless while we waited

I get that though, poor kiddos. Waiting stinks, especially when half your group gets to go.

It might be hard to tell from the picture, but she actually was riding right next to me.

Lol! What a great picture!

He basically had 1 little long section on the back of his head that could be cut.

The baby mullet, we know it well. Super cute photos of LG in the mirror, and I love the one of the big kids and their fancy hair.

That must have been some industrial strength pixie dust because that stuff was still sticking around in her hair a week later.

I'm sure that was a treat for you. We know how fond you are of glitter!

the kids made some pressed pennies.

Fun! We loved doing the pennies this trip.

If they don’t want to eat they won’t so when they say they want to eat, we’re going to eat.

Yep! My DD is the same way.

you can order the frozen lemonade drinks with either an adult or a kids meal.

WHAT?! How did I miss this!? Nice!

I felt bad for the guy not having a chance to see his granddaughter yet, but I really hope that he’s able to make that trip happen for her!

Poor man, I hope he makes the trip work as well.

The others in our group who didn’t want to eat sat in there with us, not eating, while we had dinner

Why? I mean, why not go ride something? Tea cups aren't far, Laugh Floor? Idk?

It was time for our FP so we headed in to join the Space Rangers in the fight against Zurg.

Love that ride so much. The picture of DW is amazing; Super Mom for sure!

He hated taking that stuff and ended up spitting it all over the place. We had to get some water and try to clean him and us up while he was screaming and crying in the middle of Tomorrowland.

Poor everyone. When E was tiny we'd give her meds when she was hungry then nurse her right after. It was the on,y way she'd take them.

She screamed the whole time. I thought the ride was turning out to be a disaster, but apparently it was happy screams because as soon as we got off she said she wanted to do it again!

Oh I'm so glad she liked it! I forgot how jerky it is...

She said they’d be fine and they’d just watch it there.

Poo, glad you got a hold of them though!

I took off through the crow

I was waiting for it. I'd have gone after them as well.

but we made it just before HEA began.

Yay!

Really? I loved it so much. I agree, it's not WISHES, but it did strike me and made me tear up. I love that song so much, DD and I sing it together quite often. Sorry it didn't live up to the hype.

Andy I tried to reply a few days ago but either the website or my computer was giving me fits.
That's the Dis for ya...

Danielle still likes this one. Glad your gang did it too.
The kids definitely enjoy it.

Way to go! It really makes it special when the kids get to help out with the story telling.

So glad you found this. Really great pictures of the kids.
Thanks!

Sounds like a really good plan. I've never used rider swap but I need to get this figured out before we go in February.
It really isn't too complicated. It gets more difficult when you do what some people do and start splitting FP's to make more use of it. We had too many people to even really think about trying that, aside from getting more use out of those freebie FPs.

What a cool dude! Actually all the pictures taken while y'all were waiting are super cute.
He tends to take some good ones.

:sad2:

This reminds me of a trip report I read a few years back. Large family group and she called it "herding cats".
Cats are at least domesticated. I use that phrase when it is just kind of difficult. This reached the squirrel threshold.

I love this picture! Everyone is having such a blast.
Thanks! Sure did!

Precious! But once again all the pictures of the kids doing this are really good.
Thanks!

It was the altered scene in May too. Just not the same.
I didn't like it at first, but then when it set up a new joke, it was ok.

I think you have a thrill seekers.

Not again.
:sad2:

Wow, what a ride. So glad you made it back in time. I would have done the same thing, except for carrying the child, just not that tall or strong. But I would have gone to get them.
Gotta do what you gotta do. I'm a pretty big guy, but it would definitely be a challenge to carry a 60 pound 7 year old through the park for most people.

We saw it for the first time in May. I liked it but I feel I need to see it again. We were all the way in the front of the park by the Roy Disney statue. I want to be closer next time.
I mean I didn't dislike it. It just didn't have any kind of special appeal. I think you definitely have to have a good view of the projections to be able to enjoy this show. Seeing the fireworks from the bus stop the night before really did nothing aside from the fact that we could see some fireworks.

I'm glad they scored some parts! Those were hard to come by when we went. How funny they got the same ones again!
I know! It was great!

There is a portal in those little pockets! In purses, diaper bags, strollers and men's jeans. Things disappear from the world and are returned to those locations, I swear!
That must be it!

WHAT?! I'm sure you were psychedelic on that one. Got some darling pictures of LG and the grandparents though!
He was having a good time being the center of attention.

Good plan!
I iz smrt

Oh my. Glad we dodged that bullet!
I'm glad for your sake.

I get that though, poor kiddos. Waiting stinks, especially when half your group gets to go.

Lol! What a great picture!
Thanks!:rotfl2:

The baby mullet, we know it well. Super cute photos of LG in the mirror, and I love the one of the big kids and their fancy hair.
Our kids all grew hair slowly. 3 months later and he still doesn't really need a haircut. Maybe almost time to do some trimming around the ears, but yeah, it only grows in the back.

I'm sure that was a treat for you. We know how fond you are of glitter!
It was awesome. :faint:

Fun! We loved doing the pennies this trip.
We didn't do many, but the kids liked it when we did.

Yep! My DD is the same way.
Frustrating...

WHAT?! How did I miss this!? Nice!
DW actually wanted to know if she could get one. So I asked if we could use them as a drink on the dining plan. I was told we could. I then asked if it would work for a drink on the kids meals as well. I was told that it wouldn't work as a drink for the kids meals paying cash, but it would on the dining plan... :confused3 In any case, we did order those types of drinks with their meals a few times and never had a problem doing it.

Poor man, I hope he makes the trip work as well.
I know.

Why? I mean, why not go ride something? Tea cups aren't far, Laugh Floor? Idk?
I don't know... I felt like Sis2 was upset that we were taking time to eat when she wasn't hungry, but then she didn't want to go do anything else.

Love that ride so much. The picture of DW is amazing; Super Mom for sure!
:rotfl:

Poor everyone. When E was tiny we'd give her meds when she was hungry then nurse her right after. It was the on,y way she'd take them.
The nice thing about LG is that he still has that feeding tube port. If push comes to shove, we just hook up a tube and push it in. We left all the tubes in the car though.

Oh I'm so glad she liked it! I forgot how jerky it is...
It definitely is.

Poo, glad you got a hold of them though!

I was waiting for it. I'd have gone after them as well.
I really wasn't sure what to do or whether I could even make it back.

Really? I loved it so much. I agree, it's not WISHES, but it did strike me and made me tear up. I love that song so much, DD and I sing it together quite often. Sorry it didn't live up to the hype.
I didn't hate it or anything. I did like it, I just didn't like it as well as Wishes. Wishes would choke me up a little. This one just didn't at all.

The Revolving FastPass

Fair warning… this update is light on pictures. So here’s a baby with a kitten.

You’re welcome.

37244345485_065392b7d7_k.jpg

I forgot to add something that happened Sunday night before I went to bed!

After the kids were in bed, I still wanted that ice cream that I didn’t get before HEA. I went down to the Mara to get a couple of Mickey Ice Cream bars for DW and myself. And I grabbed some Zebra Domes too.

I even took a selfie to taunt some dads in our closed FB group, so I know it actually happened!

37473419671_d888dd7543_b.jpg

The Mickey bars were good as always, but they must not keep them cold enough in the freezer there. I opened the wrapper and I when I tried to remove it, the stick came right out of the ice cream. DW’s did the same. They still tasted good, but the ice cream was very soft and it was a challenge to eat them.

As for the zebra domes… they were alright. I didn’t hate them, but there are just other things I’d rather get as snacks. I think I had one, and DW had one. I put the other 2 in the refrigerator and ate them another day. We didn’t buy any more after that though.

Monday morning came early after our long day at MK. I got up and headed down to the Mara to fill cups and grab some breakfast while DW got ready. I was going to get a breakfast platter for us to share again, but the line was really long. Instead I grabbed a couple of pastries and some milk for the kids.

We ate a quick breakfast and were out the door on schedule this morning.

Our plan was to be at EPCOT for rope drop. We had arranged our FP so that we would do TT at rope drop, hit Spaceship Earth with FP as we cross the park, then do Living with the Land, Seas with FP,Turtle Talk and finally Imagination. We were going to crush everything we wanted to do in Future World, aside from Soarin, then take a break and come back later in the afternoon for Frozen and dinner at Via Napoli.

Obviously, since I shared the specific details of our plans for the day, it isn’t what really happened…

After our customary 20+ minute bus wait, we got on board and made it to EPCOT. It was still about 30 minutes before RD. I would have liked to have been through security at this point, but at least we were there and should easily make it to the tapstiles before the park opens.

Right?

Security turned out to be a nightmare. All the bag check stations were backed up. It was crowded and really slow. The CM’s were trying, but it was just an absolute cluster. When I got closer to the front, I could see what was causing the back up. They were running everyone through the metal detectors. They only had a few of them, so basically the bag check was backed up because once people got through bag check, there was nowhere for them to go because the line for the metal detectors was backed up to that point. I don’t know if they felt sorry for me or if the kids and I just looked so unassuming, but once we got our bags and stroller checked the CM there just directed me over to the side and said I didn’t have to go through the metal detector this time. This is the one time on the whole trip that instead of everyone else standing by the tapstiles waiting on me to get through security and catch up, I was standing there waiting on them.

It was actually such a cluster that I sent a message to one of the Disdads on FB. We have one who works for Disney security and I just had to ask if there was some kind of threat that day or if EPCOT was just always a mess. He basically said it was more a case of logistics at EPCOT that morning… but man… it took forever!

We made it in the park and it was just in time for RD. We quickly walked past Spaceship Earth and took a left beyond Electric Umbrella. We were a little behind schedule, but once we got past security, there wasn’t much of a crowd anywhere.

This might actually work out!

As we approached the walkway between Mouse Gear and Electric Umbrella, I saw CMs… Well, MS was closed for refurb so this had to be bad news for TT. I asked if TT was closed and they answered that it was. I did a quick U turn and told everybody we’re going to Soarin. I got some blank looks but kept walking. It was one of those moments where I just hoped they’d realize I know what I’m doing and don’t have time to explain.

Thankfully, they followed. I sent everyone inside while BiL and I parked the strollers and we’d meet them at the entrance of Soarin so we could grab rider swap passes.

We got inside and were trying to figure out who was riding first. DW needed to feed LG and BiL offered to take Niece on Living With the Land while everyone else rides. Now all we needed to do was get in line and grab our rider swap passes.

Um…

Where’s mom?

And where’s DS?

I hope they’re together.

We scanned the area for a little bit.

We sent someone in to the restroom to see if they were in there.

Couldn’t find them. She wasn’t answering her phone.

We assumed that they must have just gone into the line without us while we were working out the rider swap logistics… In any case, DW was going to be sitting out in the Sunshine Seasons seating so she could watch for them. If we were going to ride, we needed to get in line because the crowd was really streaming in at this point!

Ultimately, yes, Mom and DS went into the line without everyone. And somehow they ended up getting on after the rest of us as we had to wait for them at the exit after we rode. It must have just been that they were diverted to a different theater with a little bit of a line or something, because we virtually walked right in without stopping.

As for the ride, well, Soarin has never been my favorite. It’s something I ride every trip, sure. But I don’t think I’d ever be devastated if I missed it. Probably not the popular opinion, but I’ve always just felt kind of “meh” about it. To me, the disjointed video of jumping from one scene to another kind of ruined the illusion of flying more than any feet dangling over me ever did. I was hoping that the new video might make those transitions feel a little more fluid, but it didn’t. Also, we were on the end of the section just left of the middle seat, yet still as close to the middle as we could be in that section. I was hoping that it would be close enough to not notice the bending effects.

It wasn’t.

I knew to expect some distortion and frankly it was even more pronounced than I expected.

Am I glad I rode it? Yes. Will I ride it again next time we go? Of course. But it’s just not a ride I’d stand in a 45 minute line for, let alone 2 hours.

As for the rest of our group, DS had ridden it before. He loved the original version, and especially loved the golf ball scene and as we were headed toward Soarin’ he was telling everybody about that part. I tried to tell him that I didn’t think we’d see the golf ball this time, but he was sure I was wrong. He was really bummed that it was gone. I mean to the point that when he got off, he didn’t want to ride again with the rider swap.

DD also wasn’t a fan. She’d been very adventurous wanting to ride everything to this point and enjoying things more than I expected. But on Soarin, she asked me about halfway through if we could get off. She didn’t freak out and cry or anything, but she just didn’t like it at all.

After we got off, DS and DD neither one wanted to ride again. It is one of the few things that Dad can do so he actually got to use a Rider Swap this time. Mom and I took Niece, LG, DD and DS on Living with the Land while everyone else went on Soarin. I don’t recall much from our ride other than trying to keep LG from diving into the water. He just wasn’t in the mood to sit still so it made for a long ride.

After we all met back I started changing FP times. I had already pushed Spaceship Earth back to just about the time I expected to leave the park for lunch and a break since we weren’t going to be crossing the park as we originally planned. Our next FP for the Seas was about due so we headed that way.

23621552458_4df6b7905a_b.jpg

When we arrived, the posted wait was only 5 min so we entered the standby queue. I changed this FP to one about 45 minutes later for Imagination.

The kids enjoyed riding through the big blue world, and then of course it was a mad house once we hit the aquarium. Everybody seemed to scatter different directions looking at things. I had LG and just tried to keep him somewhat occupied.

It was a challenge.

He had just really started moving around and crawling a lot. So he wanted to get down and explore. Obviously, we didn’t want him crawling around on the floors or on the ground in middle of Disney World. He also was unwilling to wear shoes so getting down and walking while someone held his hand was even out of the question. This frustration of his that he couldn’t get down and have much freedom outside of our hotel room ended up being kind of an ongoing challenge for us over the course of the week.

Turtle Talk was closed that morning so we didn’t get to see it. Once everyone had seen enough fish, dolphins and walruses, we headed back out into the bright blazing sun.

We moved the group on toward the Imagination pavilion and it turned out the idea of rolling our FP back from the Seas turned out to be a good one. The queue was lined up outside the door for the standby line at Imagination so we tapped our band and walked past all those suckers. We’d done all the rides in Future World West with a combined wait of maybe 10 minutes. Despite the rough start with security and TT being closed, we really did great that morning.

After some time with our friend Figment in some shell of what could be a good ride, we had to decide what to do. We all agreed that it would be easier to just eat lunch in the park and stay there rather than leave the park to take a break based on the poor bus service and the chaos we experienced that morning with security.

The kids said they were hungry and it was a good time to eat an early lunch before the rush starts. So we pushed the Spaceship Earth FP back a little bit later

DD wasn’t ready to leave the Imagination pavilion. She wanted to design a 5th or 9th Figment. Not really sure how many she was up to at that point. Everybody else was moving on so I had to pick her up and carry her screaming out of the building since she refused to come with us.

We got outside and fought a 5 year old tantrum for a few minutes until we could get her into the stroller and calmed down enough to tell us what she wanted for lunch. She was mad, but at the same time we were trying to find some common ground. She wasn’t going to get to do what she wanted, but I was willing to let her determine what we’d get for lunch.

She chose...

Wait for it…

Chicken nuggets and fries.

Since the rest of us (ok, DW and I) had decided we wanted to go to La Cantina de San Angel, I told them to all go ahead. I’d take DS and DD in the stroller and go to Electric Umbrella and then meet the rest of them there. It worked out fine. We grabbed nuggets and fries and with the tray on the stroller they could eat their lunch while I walked towards Mexico.

Here’s where I want to appeal to Disney as a parent of picky kids.

There were places DW and I wanted to eat. But the kids wanted nuggets and fries.

Every time.

I love that there is such a variety of food options and they’ve really been getting some fantastic quick service places recently. There are some interesting things to try at a lot of restaurants. But would it kill you to put in a fryer to make nuggets and fries at those places too?

I got the usual nachos at La Cantina and they were delicious as always. One of our favorite snacks and/or meals at Disney World.

As we were eating, a family came and sat at 2 tables next to us. It was a mom and a dad and 4 kids. I know everybody has their reasons for doing what they do to save money and make a trip happen. But they unloaded soft sided cooler out of a backpack full of Capri suns, sandwiches, carrot sticks and some grapes. They were well prepared, but it had to have been a lot of work get all of that ready before heading to the parks and then someone had to carry it around all day… DW just looked at me and said Disney food may be expensive, but it’s good and we’re never going to pack food into Disney World like that.

We finished our meals and it was time to head back toward Future World to ride Spaceship Earth and then figure out what to do with the rest of our day.

Juggling all the Disney snacks! Sorry to hear you weren't wowed by the zebra domes!

Rough start to the morning but glad you bounced back!

Glad you were able to change your FPs around with no problem. Times like that are when FP+ isn't so bad!

I'm sure it's frustrating having to get the kids one thing when you want something else. At least in this scenario it worked out fairly easy.

Your Epcot morning sounds similar to the one we had in July. TT and Turtle Talk were both down. SE was down too at some point that morning. Our morning worked out well and it sounds like your's did too. I hear ya about the chicken nuggets. My kids are picky eaters and it would make life easier if something similar to nuggets were at more QS locations. I usually just go wherever the kids and dh want to eat since they are all picky eaters. I'm not.

here’s a baby with a kitten.

Awe! Thanks :love:

They still tasted good,

We had the same issue! I wonder if it’s the freezers at the resorts?

Obviously, since I shared the specific details of our plans for the day, it isn’t what really happened…

It oh.

They were running everyone through the metal detectors.

They did that when we were there too. We usually got to. Pass them with the stroller though.

He basically said it was more a case of logistics at EPCOT that morning… but man… it took forever!

Weird. They’ve gotta get better with this stuff. Quit rolling stuff out before it’s working.,

Now all we needed to do was get in line and grab our rider swap passes.

Simple enough...

I hope they’re together.

I knew it! I hope they were too...

If we were going to ride, we needed to get in line because the crowd was really streaming in at this point!

Man, I hate that. Your there at the line, ready to go, and then some 20 people get there’s before you, for whatever reason.

And somehow they ended up getting on after the rest of us as we had to wait for them at the exit after we rode

Lol! Weird.

But I don’t think I’d ever be devastated if I missed it.

I’ve never ridden it...

He was really bummed that it was gone. I mean to the point that when he got off, he didn’t want to ride again with the rider swap.

Poor guy! He’s at that right age now to know stuff about the rides. Bonding moment for you guys though.

She didn’t freak out and cry or anything, but she just didn’t like it at all.

Wow, big miss with the kiddos, huh?

He just wasn’t in the mood to sit still so it made for a long ride.

He also was unwilling to wear shoes so getting down and walking while someone held his hand was even out of the question. T

Oh man, that’s tough. And it’s not like you can reasonably explain to him that if he’d put his shoes on he could cruise around a little.

we tapped our band and walked past all those suckers.

Lol!

I had to pick her up and carry her screaming out of the building since she refused to come with us

Oof. Thats hard with a two year old, I’m sure a five year old is way worse!

We grabbed nuggets and fries and with the tray on the stroller they could eat their lunch while I walked towards Mexico

Nice.

DW just looked at me and said Disney food may be expensive, but it’s good and we’re never going to pack food into Disney World like that.

I agree 100% DH tried to tell me we should take food with us, I said fine, but he had to make it and carry the cooler, changed his mind real quick!

So here’s a baby with a kitten.

I would've preferred the after shot. After the kitten launched at the baby.

I forgot to add something that happened Sunday night before I went to bed!

Way to go! :yay:

Wait... maybe we're not talking about the same thing.

And I grabbed some Zebra Domes too.

Finally! Oh boy!

I even took a selfie to taunt some dads in our closed FB group, so I know it actually happened!

So glad I'm seldom on FB... :rolleyes:

The Mickey bars were good as always, but they must not keep them cold enough in the freezer there. I opened the wrapper and I when I tried to remove it, the stick came right out of the ice cream. DW’s did the same. They still tasted good, but the ice cream was very soft and it was a challenge to eat them.

Just needed a bowl and spoon.

As for the zebra domes… they were alright.

:faint: "Alright" he says.

I didn’t hate them, but there are just other things I’d rather get as snacks.

:sad2: I'm not sure if we can be friends anymore.

Our plan was to be at EPCOT for rope drop.

The best laid plans of mice and men...

We had arranged our FP so that we would do TT at rope drop, hit Spaceship Earth with FP as we cross the park, then do Living with the Land, Seas with FP,Turtle Talk and finally Imagination.

Interesting even though you're not a fan, that you didn't FP TT and rope drop Soarin' (or vice versa)

Of course.

at least we were there and should easily make it to the tapstiles before the park opens.

Uh huh...

They were running everyone through the metal detectors.

Well, you said your friend indicated nothing was going on. Huh.

Then again, considering recent events in Las Vegas.... I'm not gonna worry if everyone has to go through.

once we got our bags and stroller checked the CM there just directed me over to the side and said I didn’t have to go through the metal detector this time.

Just you? But everyone else in the family had to? Weird.

I asked if TT was closed and they answered that it was.

That ride breaks down all. the. time.

It was one of those moments where I just hoped they’d realize I know what I’m doing and don’t have time to explain.

Um…

Where’s mom?

And where’s DS?

I hope they’re together.

Oh, geez. How worried were you?

As for the ride, well, Soarin has never been my favorite. It’s something I ride every trip, sure. But I don’t think I’d ever be devastated if I missed it.

I like to ride it at least once a trip... but I can skip it and not be too worried about it.

To me, the disjointed video of jumping from one scene to another kind of ruined the illusion of flying more than any feet dangling over me ever did.

Hmmm... I didn't notice that so much... but I was more concentrating on how the ride was obviously digitized and everything was leaning over and broken into chunks in some cases.

Also, we were on the end of the section just left of the middle seat, yet still as close to the middle as we could be in that section. I was hoping that it would be close enough to not notice the bending effects.

It wasn’t.

I knew to expect some distortion and frankly it was even more pronounced than I expected.

Really!!
My experience was very different. Horrible on the side, fine in the middle.

As for the rest of our group, DS had ridden it before. He loved the original version, and especially loved the golf ball scene and as we were headed toward Soarin’ he was telling everybody about that part. I tried to tell him that I didn’t think we’d see the golf ball this time, but he was sure I was wrong. He was really bummed that it was gone. I mean to the point that when he got off, he didn’t want to ride again with the rider swap.

That golf ball removal was unfortunate. I agree with DS.

But on Soarin, she asked me about halfway through if we could get off. She didn’t freak out and cry or anything, but she just didn’t like it at all.

Too bad. The concept is good... the application? Not so much anymore.

I don’t recall much from our ride other than trying to keep LG from diving into the water. He just wasn’t in the mood to sit still so it made for a long ride.

:hug:

The kids enjoyed riding through the big blue world, and then of course it was a mad house once we hit the aquarium. Everybody seemed to scatter different directions looking at things. I had LG and just tried to keep him somewhat occupied.

It was a challenge.

:hug: again.

So he wanted to get down and explore.

Of course! Cool place!

Turtle Talk was closed that morning so we didn’t get to see it

Too bad. That's such a great one for the kids.

it turned out the idea of rolling our FP back from the Seas turned out to be a good one.

Hey! Something went right!

The queue was lined up outside the door for the standby line at Imagination

Say what????

Despite the rough start with security and TT being closed, we really did great that morning.

Well that's good! It sounded like the entire morning was going to be a tough one.

After some time with our friend Figment in some shell of what could be a good ride,

Yeah...

DD wasn’t ready to leave the Imagination pavilion. She wanted to design a 5th or 9th Figment.

:laughing:

Everybody else was moving on so I had to pick her up and carry her screaming out of the building since she refused to come with us.

Oops! I should withdraw the laughing emoji.

She chose...

Wait for it…

Chicken nuggets and fries.

Sounds familiar. My DD ate nothing but mac n cheese the entire trip the first time I took her.

It worked out fine. We grabbed nuggets and fries and with the tray on the stroller they could eat their lunch while I walked towards Mexico.

Not bad! I wonder if they have that option for adults?

I love that there is such a variety of food options and they’ve really been getting some fantastic quick service places recently. There are some interesting things to try at a lot of restaurants. But would it kill you to put in a fryer to make nuggets and fries at those places too?

We were lucky. Practically every place we went had mac n cheese on the kids menu.

As we were eating, a family came and sat at 2 tables next to us. It was a mom and a dad and 4 kids. I know everybody has their reasons for doing what they do to save money and make a trip happen. But they unloaded soft sided cooler out of a backpack full of Capri suns, sandwiches, carrot sticks and some grapes. They were well prepared, but it had to have been a lot of work get all of that ready before heading to the parks and then someone had to carry it around all day… DW just looked at me and said Disney food may be expensive, but it’s good and we’re never going to pack food into Disney World like that.

I wonder if maybe they were locals? Or at least the adults were? Then it would make more sense.
"I'll just whip up some lunch and then take the kids to Disney for the day."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter