Disney in August, A Trip Report

mm1971

DIS Veteran
Hello Everyone! Thought I would at least get the August trip report started before our next trip. We decided that since middle school has become reality that we would no longer be pulling DS from school. That left vacation weeks or summer for our trip. Sports eliminated Christmas and April break, leaving on February vacation or August. So.....August it is.

Here are the main characters in our story.

The really good looking guy in the middle is me. On my right is DS13 Evan. On my left is DD10(now 11)Alexandra and last, but certainly not least is my wife Leslie whom we affectionately call Town Hall since she has the veto power for all decisions. There will be a few guest appearances along the way, but more on that later.

We booked a morning flight on SW airlines out of Manchester, NH. The choice of SW was due to all flights being purchased using points. Going to WDW with free flights.......priceless (stay tunes as that will be a theme for this trip). Flight was at 7:05AM so up at 4 and off to the airport.

Arrival at MCO AT 10:10AM, Grabbed the bags and off to the car rental counter. We rented from Alamo and were in and out in about 5 minutes. No line, this is starting out well. We let the kids choose the car and were off to POR.

Early check in and our original POR Royal Room was not ready. Instead, we were given a small upgrade to a river view room as that was ready to go! A little magic on day 1. Pictures with the next entry.

Stay tuned. I need to actually get some work done for a while. More pictures as well once we get going. For those that follow along, thanks. For those that don't, not sure I blame you. We'll try to make it interesting as we go along.

Looks rainy, but great crowd.

We had a couple of days where it rained off and on for a few hours and one day at MK where we had downpours for a couple of hours. That's when we hit Splash several times since we were wet anyway.

This picture was taken later in the day after the rain had stopped and most people went home. Only line in MK was for Peter Pan as usual. Crowds for the whole week were on the low end to maybe a a 5/6 tops.

We had a couple of days where it rained off and on for a few hours and one day at MK where we had downpours for a couple of hours. That's when we hit Splash several times since we were wet anyway.

This picture was taken later in the day after the rain had stopped and most people went home. Only line in MK was for Peter Pan as usual. Crowds for the whole week were on the low end to maybe a a 5/6 tops.

I can think of two days that fall into that category..I'm gonna say Saturday

Sorry for the long delay. Got caught up running the try outs for hoops in town. I'll have all the photo's downloaded this weekend and back on track to start updated. Without pictures, it's just not a trip report now, is it?:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter