Disney Land or Disney World???

hipmaman

<font color=red>Did the Southern California thing<
Hi,

We are thinking of the next vacation and thought either Disney Land in Anaheim or Disney World in Orlando might be great. Now, I need your help to decide which one, lol.

We have a 4 yrs old (in Aug) and a 28 months old.

Here is the background and my jumble thinking...

1) If we go to DLand, we thought maybe go in May 2004. Is this a good time? We don't like crowds, plus the kids are little and I don't think they are that patient. Dd will be over 4.5 yrs old and ds just about 3 (bday on 25 May).

My aunt also lives in Anaheim Hills (minutes from DLand), so we would save money on accomodation.

We are thinking of going for about 7-10 days. Can we do DLand in 3 days? There might be other things to do w/ the kids like Sea World, Lego Land, etc. and of course, time with relatives.

Do you think the ages of my kids would be better at DLand (less overwhelmed)? Save DWorld for later when they are a bit older to do more parks?

2) If we go to DWorld, I hear 3rd or 4th wk of Sept is good for no line-ups. Is this correct? What about the weather? Dd will be 5 and ds will be 3.5 yrs old.

We of course will have to plan the whole trip from flight, accomodation, food, to rental car. This of course costs more money, but would this be a 'waste' w/ kids as young as 5 and 3? should we do this when they are a tad older? I think we would only do a wk with DWorld.

I would love to get any insight you might have to offer.

Thanks in advance

Tam

Hi Tam, We went Sept 28th to Oct 5th. We had no lines on any rides at WDW at all for anything, rides, food or buses. I've never been to Dland so I can't offer a suggestion as to which park.
We have 3 boys 7, 5 and 3 and they did fine in all the parks at WDW.
Marilynn

You can definitely do DL in 3 days. DL has very different sorts of crowds as I think they have many more day people, whereas at WDW people are there for an entire week.

I post the same questions at the DIS Disney Resorts forum and got lots of great tips. Thank you both. I will for sure come back to ask for more tips on the planning of this trip.

Thanks again.

Just got back from DLR last Tuesday. Yes you can do DL in 3 days quite comfortably. We liked both for their individuality. Some attractions are longer and better at DL-some attractions are only at DL (like Soarin'-coming soon to a WDW land pavilion near you) and Indiana Jones. Fantasmic is different (we quite liked it in DLR). Before you finalize your plans try to find out what conventions are happening-the convention centre and hotels are two blocks away from DLR and can swometimes effect the attendance numbers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter