Disney lanyard on RC cruise

It's short for Habitants, who were French settlers (and their descendants) along the St. Lawrence river in New France (present-day Quebec). There's probably a bit more to it than that, but it's been quite a while since I've done Canadian history...

It's short for Habitants, who were French settlers (and their descendants) along the St. Lawrence river in New France (present-day Quebec). There's probably a bit more to it than that, but it's been quite a while since I've done Canadian history...

Thanks!

Sports is confusing enough to me without teams that have 2 or 3 unrelated names. LOL.

I’ve never found the Disney cruise lanyards to be comfortable, so I wouldn’t do it, but no one will actually care.

I personally like the blingy lanyards they sell onboard.

I wore my DCL lanyard on my RCL cruise. I didn't see anyone else with their DCL lanyards on but I did spot a few people with DCL clothing on.

I never have seen another cruise line’s lanyard on any cruise. I don’t pay attention, I guess.

OT, but something that confuses me (like the Auburn Tiger/War Eagle and Alabama Elephant/Roll Tide thing always has)... What does "Habs" have to do with "Canadiens"? I'm not a huge sports person, so I legitimately don't know. Thanks! :)

I realize it doesn't matter one single bit... :) However, I'm an Auburn Tiger. Our battle cry is "War Eagle". The tiger is our mascot.

Just buy a generic lanyard at the dollar store. Works great on any cruise line.
Denise

Yes. And if they wanted that to be their "battle cry" why not just make the mascot an eagle. Lol.

We were the Auburn Tigers before we adopted the battle cry War Eagle. Ironically, I don't like sports and really don't care about all this stuff. I much prefer Disney to any sporting event! Auburn is a delightful town and I'd recommend a tour sometime. The games are electric, the people are friendly, and it's amazing to watch the eagle fly over the stadium.

http://www.auburn.edu/main/welcome/traditions.html

Thanks! Still doesn't really make sense, but interesting nonetheless.

Not really a fan of college sports. It's not as big up here in Canada as it is in the US, so that might be why.

so just back from the cruise and glad i brought all our Disney lanyards...We did meet other Disney fans and I didn't have to buy any. We just had them punch a hole in the cards and hung them from the clip. Unlike the Disney ships, RCCL (for those that don't know) require you to insert your card...so it all worked out...

As long as you don’t mix brands (ala nike & addidas) the fashion police won’t care lol

I’ve never found the Disney cruise lanyards to be comfortable, so I wouldn’t do it, but no one will actually care.

I personally like the blingy lanyards they sell onboard.

Same, uncomfy on my neck but cute

I ordered those clear cruise luggage tag holders with the metal attachment off Amazon & the seller tossed in simple thin, soft black corded lanyards. Had our Oasis cards punched after checking in (where they sell the cool lanyards before boarding) and placed them on the cords that were still sitting in my pocket. Was surprised how comfortable they were and unobtrusive, even with dinner wear. Will never use anything else.:banana:

This may be a stupid question, but has anyone brought their Disney lanyards to use on a royal carribean cruise? I hate to go out and buy some or buy them on the ship while i have 8 Disney cruise worth of lanyards collecting dust. Not that i am expecting anything to happen, but just curious. Nothing wrong with this, right?
I wore my RCCL lanyard on NCL, I don't see why you couldn't wear your DCL lanyard on RCCL. Most people wouldn't even notice.

Just got off the Grandeur of the Seas, we wore our Disney Vacation Club lanyards that we received on our last cruise. One night, one of the Adventure Ocean staff made conversation with us about DVC resorts. We didn't notice any other Disney Lanyards, but plenty of Disney Cruise Line and Castaway Club apparel and bags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!