Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll be honest this is the first post I’ve seen negative about imagineering.

I wonder if I might find future episodes more interesting - I've read books about the building of Disneyland and Epcot/Magic Kingdom many times over, so I may have just glazed over during parts I've already learned about. I'm definitely looking forward to the bits about Tokyo Disney and Disneyland Paris/Euro Disney.

I wonder if I might find future episodes more interesting - I've read books about the building of Disneyland and Epcot/Magic Kingdom many times over, so I may have just glazed over during parts I've already learned about. I'm definitely looking forward to the bits about Tokyo Disney and Disneyland Paris/Euro Disney.
I would agree that the info wasn't anything new really. The footage and the interviews are what I loved. Seeing Bob Gurr inside the Matterhorn or Marty Sklar inside Pirates. These people were so influential in the Disney parks history.

Ok, I am loving this old footage of shows I am too young to have seen when they were on TV originally

Watching this Disneyland Show called "The Plausible Impossible" which focuses on an technique they use in animation and it wonderful. Hosted by Walt of course

Wow, The Plausible Impossible is on there? I hadn't seen that int he menus. That's good stuff!

I would agree that the info wasn't anything new really. The footage and the interviews are what I loved. Seeing Bob Gurr inside the Matterhorn or Marty Sklar inside Pirates. These people were so influential in the Disney parks history.

Oh, man, seeing Bob Gurr outside the Matterhorn and thinking nobody in line knows who he is (I mean, I doubt I would on sight either). I loved his recounting how Walt would just say the craziest things and then tell him to build it. Those were all some amazingly talented people and it's amazing what they could do with a man like Walt at their backs. Walt never knew a budget, did he?

Oh, man, seeing Bob Gurr outside the Matterhorn and thinking nobody in line knows who he is (I mean, I doubt I would on sight either). I loved his recounting how Walt would just say the craziest things and then tell him to build it. Those were all some amazingly talented people and it's amazing what they could do with a man like Walt at their backs. Walt never knew a budget, did he?

Sure he did ... though in his mind it was just "Roy, get the money"

Sure he did ... though in his mind it was just "Roy, get the money"

Roy was a heck of a guy for putting up with it, but it shows what the two could do together. Roy sure could sell people on these crazy dreams his brother had - and despite the doubters look how it all turned out. "Oh, nobody will watch a feature-length cartoon, Walt. Nobody wants to go to a theme park, Walt." How'd that all work out again?

Anyone else having problems with things dropping off the watch list? Some things I’ve add several times now.

Ok, I am loving this old footage of shows I am too young to have seen when they were on TV originally

Watching this Disneyland Show called "The Plausible Impossible" which focuses on an technique they use in animation and it wonderful. Hosted by Walt of course

I would LOVE to watch this and just added it to my watch list; thank you for mentioning it!

You are correct. Disboards Mods anyway we can implement a feauture on the site that bans those people who havnted watched 12 hours of disney plus in the first day? We need true fans only! :)

And, the movie I watched was Endgame, I never got around to seeing it. Better yet, I didnt especially like it! :rotfl:

I feel like a failure. I've only watched 1 movie and 2 shows so far.:p

I've only actually watched Mandalorian and The Imagineering Story. That's it. I have spent a lot of time surfing the menus though!

Last edited:
And, the movie I watched was Endgame, I never got around to seeing it. Better yet, I didnt especially like it! :rotfl:

Hey! We agree! ;)

I just watched it this morning for the first time. There was a particular story point that really grated on me. It had some good moments and I certainly cried at the end, but overall I'm glad I was able to watch it at home vs. paying theater prices for the experience. I know many, MANY people loved it. I'm happy for them.

I've only actually watched Mandalorina and The Imagineering Story. That's it. I have spent a lot of time surfing the menus though!
That is the downside to so much choice. Endless scrolling. Told my wife that as soon as you see something you like go with that. Otherwise you end up scrolling forever.

I've only actually watched Mandalorian and The Imagineering Story. That's it. I have spent a lot of time surfing the menus though!

I’ve got you beat! We watched those two plus Life Below Zero (or whatever it’s called)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter