Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution to Apple TV 2 not supporting the service. Internet TV provider‘s (Canada) set top box allows Disney+ to be downloaded!

I've really been enjoying the service. I've watched quite a few movies and the new stuff is good too. I wasn't expecting to watch the Jeff Goldblum show, but he was talking about shoes for some reason so I gave it a go.

I've also been watching a lot of the new Tangled Series. It's a lot better than it has any right to be and I'm almost done with the first season.

Anyone else sitting on Disney+ waiting for all the Friday episodes to drop? I've heard possibly midnight eastern or even midnight pacific (yuck).

I've wondered that too. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to watch the Star Wars show before I go to work tomorrow. Midnight Eastern would be perfect if they did that.

Oh, I thought it was great. It was a little short and a bit heavy on the set-up, but the series has great potential. I watched it again tonight!

I watched it last night. Thought it was ok, some parts were good. Bobba Fett was one of my favorite characters in Star Wars, so I was looking forward to seeing this. Hoping it gets better as it goes on.

Last edited:
Re:Mandalorian- I thought there was entirely too much violence to be rated PG. I guess it’s showing blood etc that pushes it to TV-14? Thoroughly enjoyed it though, but for the first time I’m not so sure I want the main character to succeed in all his endeavors...but that’s the nature of bounty hunters.

Jeff Goldblum! :love: Can’t wait for the next one.

I love watching shorts. Makes me so happy.

He's the best. The little dances he does, just his movements are so quirky. And I like when he looks at the camera like we are all in on the joke.

Oh, I thought it was great. It was a little short and a bit heavy on the set-up, but the series has great potential. I watched it again tonight!

I agree it was short, but I rather liked how it just jumped in to sort of a day in the life of the Mandalorian without all the back story they usually do in first episodes. I think it will all unfold throughout the season.

I thought it was excellent! Went by so fast! Micky and I kept saying "this is a television show!" - it had such movie quality to it.

BTW, if people are still having trouble getting the full A-Z list of movies to show up, the list will get longer if you leave it for a few minutes once you hit the B’s and the list stops. Takes a bit for the list to populate fully. Frustrating but I’m practicing my patience... ;-)

Watched The Mandalorian last night. Thought it was really good. Not too much backstory to clog up the first episode, but of course a lot of the fan base will have that backstory down. My wife, a more casual fan, kept asking questions and grew less interested as she felt more lost during the show. I think that shows part of the problem Disney has with Star Wars. The hardcore fans, the casual fans, and the new ones they hope to attract all need different things. One show, one movie, one trilogy, struggles to address them all. So you pick your poison.

I expect more of the backstory will unfold throughout the episodes, it just depends if the casual fans will stick around long enough to learn it and become interested. As for the production quality, it was off the charts. The visuals, creatures, special effects were fantastic. There was just enough story to push it all forward. Space Western all the way.

I loved the bounty hunter droid. Beautifully rendered, so awesome. I was sad when it became apparent we weren't going to get more of it.

Watched The Mandalorian last night. Thought it was really good. Not too much backstory to clog up the first episode, but of course a lot of the fan base will have that backstory down. My wife, a more casual fan, kept asking questions and grew less interested as she felt more lost during the show. I think that shows part of the problem Disney has with Star Wars. The hardcore fans, the casual fans, and the new ones they hope to attract all need different things. One show, one movie, one trilogy, struggles to address them all. So you pick your poison.

I expect more of the backstory will unfold throughout the episodes, it just depends if the casual fans will stick around long enough to learn it and become interested. As for the production quality, it was off the charts. The visuals, creatures, special effects were fantastic. There was just enough story to push it all forward. Space Western all the way.

I loved the bounty hunter droid. Beautifully rendered, so awesome. I was sad when it became apparent we weren't going to get more of it.

I don't think there is that much back story to this particular individual - though, obviously there is a lot known about Madelorians in general. I think this is one good thing about this series, you don't really need to know *that* much to enjoy it (though, knowing the time period, that this is ~5 years after Return of the Jedi, so Empire recently defeated, etc. I think helps)

To your spoiler comment
I don't think this is the last we will see of IG-11 ... if for no reason they got a big name to do the voice for him, I don't see it being just a one-off. Droids can be repaired. I haven't seen the 2nd episode yet so just a guess on my part though

To your spoiler comment
I don't think this is the last we will see of IG-11 ... if for no reason they got a big name to do the voice for him, I don't see it being just a one-off. Droids can be repaired. I haven't seen the 2nd episode yet so just a guess on my part though

Also, there can always be other droids just like him. IG-88 I believe had several "clones" of himself in the old Legends EU. If we don't see the exact same one we will see one like him.

😂 Me too! DS and I are video game junkies and I said they need to come out with a Mandalorian video game and the droid MUST be a character we could play as... and that blaster cannon would be pretty sweet to have, too!!!! That game would be AMAZING!!!

Trying to rewatch first episode of The Mandolorian but it won’t let me. It either wants to play the second episode or it jumps to the last 15 seconds of the first episode repeatedly.

Trying to rewatch first episode of The Mandolorian but it won’t let me. It either wants to play the second episode or it jumps to the last 15 seconds of the first episode repeatedly.
You have to manually move it back to the beginning of the show/movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!