Disney Magic 11/29-12/4 Port of Miami Disney Cruise Review

leeleesmail

Earning My Ears
This was my 1st Disney Cruise. 1st Cruise review as well!

Hope you all enjoy!

This cruise was booked last minute so of course I was on Disboard's like crazy. Lol

2,500 people
1,000 Crew
Our cruise was not sold out!

On this cruise it was
Me (The Nanny)
The Mom
The Dad
2 Twin girls 8
1 boy 5

Our itinerary
Nov 29th Port of Miami
Nov 30th at Sea
Dec 1st Grand Cayman
Dec 2nd Cozumel
Dec 3rd at Sea
Dec 4th off the Ship :(

Our dinning rotation was
2nd seating LACCL Table 61

Our dinning team was
Johan and Desiree

2 staterooms Deck 10 Mid Ship split bath 1051 and 1053 inside.

We did not do online check-in. We got to port of Miami around 1PM and were on the ship by 2PM.

We went right to the rooms to put down our carry on items down and went to Cabanas for lunch. For the most part I thought everything was pretty good! We did however put our desserts down to the table next to us b/c we had no room on our table of 6 and one of the waiters walked away with them! It all happened so fast!

After lunch we went to Mandatory Life Boat Drill which ours was in the theater so it was nice that we got to sit down!

Then off to GS to sign up for Gingerbread house making. No tea with Alice or ornament making on this cruise was told 7 nights or longer. No Biggie!

Then off to Adventures Away/Sail Away Party! To me the show was ok. Not sure if I would go again.

Also checked out the spa for the Rain forest room! Was a little annoyed that if you but it online as a gift it's $16 for the day but, when on the ship it's $27 tried to talk them down as well but, that did not happen. Plus, no hot tubs on this ship guessing b/c it was Disney's 1st cruise ship! Didn't really care to spend $27 for the day!

The Shows
Twice Charmed - I liked it a little better then the Cinderella story! I give it a B! I would see it again!

Villains Tonight - Did not care for it at all! To slow! I will not see this one again it was a waste of time to me! I give it a D-

Disney Dreams - This was such a good show loved seeing all the character's! Would for such see this one again! A++++

John Cassidy - Loved this guy Awesome balloon making! Loved the kid and adult shows that he did!

Max Winfrey - He was awesome too!

Match your Mate - was a real hoot! The people I was with got picked to go up on stage and they won! It was a good time for adults!

Dining
Lumiere's - Our 1st night! I loved being in this Dining room I'm such a big fan of Beauty and the Beast! I thought the food was pretty good here!

Animator's Palate - Loved this Dining room! Next time I will wear black and white to go with the theme! If you have kids and the kids club comes to get them don't send them or they will miss the show at the end! We didn't know that so we sent them and they missed it! I had the veal and it was under cooked so they got me one that was med well and it was so good!!!!

Carioca's - This Dining room didn't have that Disney feel to it! I loved the menu! My white rice was over cooked!

For Pirate night we were in Carioca's! Loved the short ribs! It was fun seeing everyone dressed up!

For out last night of the cruise we were in Lumiere's! I had the Lamb and it was cooked really well!

The Pools

They never felt overcrowded except on the last sea day then you noticed!

Twist 'N' Spout slide was a lot of fun and its a must do!

AquaDunk - I didn't go on it! I don't like the feeling of soming opening up under me and then falling! It did keep on closing down for all kinds of reasons!

The Spa
We went for a foot massage! My friend didn't enjoy her's as much as I did! They did not try to push hard for products which was nice! We did use the rain forrest room after the massage it was nice to relax!

Holiday Deck party - missed b/c I was at the Spa

Gingerbread house making - We cancelled b/c we slept in on the last day at sea!

Character Appearnces
They had so many out every single day! The lines were not very long as well! the logest we waited was 1hr for the Princess gathering!

Room Service - We did order every single day and yes I gave them a tip each time they came!

Ports of Call

Grand Cayman - Everthing seemed to be closed since it was Sunday! The poeple who we talked to did not enjoy the beach excursions at all! We went to margaritaville and the kids played in the pool and went down the water slide while we had drinks! we also asked for more rum in our drinks We also did some shopping then it was back on the ship we went!

Cozumel - We did not have an excursion booked so we just winged it! We ended up going this boat called the Hangover and we wnet snorkeling it was only 12 people on the boat! It was alot of fun they made a cd of all the photo's they took of us! We also went to 2 spots the 1st one was ok but, the 2nd one was Awesome we saw so many fish! They had free water, coke and beer on the boat for us to drink! They gave us a coupon for a free nacho's at Alberto's I did not care to much for the food it was ok and the bill was all wrong trying to charge more then they should have! We won't be going back!

Other tips
There is no way to do every single thing!
If you have and inside cabin bring a flashlight or night light.
Loved bringing our own alcohol on the ship.
Have Fun
Make sure to eat a mickey bar every day.
Bring cash if you plan on taking a taxi in ports
Order room service!
Try differnet foods!

In all we had a Awesome time on this cruise and can't wait to go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was my 1st Disney Cruise. 1st Cruise review as well!

Hope you all enjoy!

This cruise was booked last minute so of course I was on Disboard's like crazy. Lol

2,500 people
1,000 Crew
Our cruise was not sold out!

On this cruise it was
Me (The Nanny)
The Mom
The Dad
2 Twin girls 8
1 boy 5

Our itinerary
Nov 29th Port of Miami
Nov 30th at Sea
Dec 1st Grand Cayman
Dec 2nd Cozumel
Dec 3rd at Sea
Dec 4th off the Ship :(

Our dinning rotation was
2nd seating LACCL Table 61

Our dinning team was
Johan and Desiree

2 staterooms Deck 10 Mid Ship split bath 1051 and 1053 inside.

We did not do online check-in. We got to port of Miami around 1PM and were on the ship by 2PM.

We went right to the rooms to put down our carry on items down and went to Cabanas for lunch. For the most part I thought everything was pretty good! We did however put our desserts down to the table next to us b/c we had no room on our table of 6 and one of the waiters walked away with them! It all happened so fast!

After lunch we went to Mandatory Life Boat Drill which ours was in the theater so it was nice that we got to sit down!

Then off to GS to sign up for Gingerbread house making. No tea with Alice or ornament making on this cruise was told 7 nights or longer. No Biggie!

Then off to Adventures Away/Sail Away Party! To me the show was ok. Not sure if I would go again.

Also checked out the spa for the Rain forest room! Was a little annoyed that if you but it online as a gift it's $16 for the day but, when on the ship it's $27 tried to talk them down as well but, that did not happen. Plus, no hot tubs on this ship guessing b/c it was Disney's 1st cruise ship! Didn't really care to spend $27 for the day!

The Shows
Twice Charmed - I liked it a little better then the Cinderella story! I give it a B! I would see it again!

Villains Tonight - Did not care for it at all! To slow! I will not see this one again it was a waste of time to me! I give it a D-

Disney Dreams - This was such a good show loved seeing all the character's! Would for such see this one again! A++++

John Cassidy - Loved this guy Awesome balloon making! Loved the kid and adult shows that he did!

Max Winfrey - He was awesome too!

Match your Mate - was a real hoot! The people I was with got picked to go up on stage and they won! It was a good time for adults!

Dining
Lumiere's - Our 1st night! I loved being in this Dining room I'm such a big fan of Beauty and the Beast! I thought the food was pretty good here!

Animator's Palate - Loved this Dining room! Next time I will wear black and white to go with the theme! If you have kids and the kids club comes to get them don't send them or they will miss the show at the end! We didn't know that so we sent them and they missed it! I had the veal and it was under cooked so they got me one that was med well and it was so good!!!!

Carioca's - This Dining room didn't have that Disney feel to it! I loved the menu! My white rice was over cooked!

For Pirate night we were in Carioca's! Loved the short ribs! It was fun seeing everyone dressed up!

For out last night of the cruise we were in Lumiere's! I had the Lamb and it was cooked really well!

The Pools

They never felt overcrowded except on the last sea day then you noticed!

Twist 'N' Spout slide was a lot of fun and its a must do!

AquaDunk - I didn't go on it! I don't like the feeling of soming opening up under me and then falling! It did keep on closing down for all kinds of reasons!

The Spa
We went for a foot massage! My friend didn't enjoy her's as much as I did! They did not try to push hard for products which was nice! We did use the rain forrest room after the massage it was nice to relax!

Holiday Deck party - missed b/c I was at the Spa

Gingerbread house making - We cancelled b/c we slept in on the last day at sea!

Character Appearnces
They had so many out every single day! The lines were not very long as well! the logest we waited was 1hr for the Princess gathering!

Room Service - We did order every single day and yes I gave them a tip each time they came!

Ports of Call

Grand Cayman - Everthing seemed to be closed since it was Sunday! The poeple who we talked to did not enjoy the beach excursions at all! We went to margaritaville and the kids played in the pool and went down the water slide while we had drinks! we also asked for more rum in our drinks We also did some shopping then it was back on the ship we went!

Cozumel - We did not have an excursion booked so we just winged it! We ended up going this boat called the Hangover and we wnet snorkeling it was only 12 people on the boat! It was alot of fun they made a cd of all the photo's they took of us! We also went to 2 spots the 1st one was ok but, the 2nd one was Awesome we saw so many fish! They had free water, coke and beer on the boat for us to drink! They gave us a coupon for a free nacho's at Alberto's I did not care to much for the food it was ok and the bill was all wrong trying to charge more then they should have! We won't be going back!

Other tips
There is no way to do every single thing!
If you have and inside cabin bring a flashlight or night light.
Loved bringing our own alcohol on the ship.
Have Fun
Make sure to eat a mickey bar every day.
Bring cash if you plan on taking a taxi in ports
Order room service!
Try differnet foods!

In all we had a Awesome time on this cruise and can't wait to go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've just booked the same two rooms you were in on the Magic. Can you please comment about the noise level, vibration, etc.? Light sleepers here, thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter