Cancelled Disney Magic 5 Night Western Europe From Dover 13 September 2020

I have just booked my pre cruise hotel in Dover
Premier Inn https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/england/kent/dover/dover-central-eastern-ferry-terminal.html
Double room - one double bed
Flex Rate £67
Add on meal package, evening meal and breakfast £23.99
Total £90.99

We just booked this for the night before our WBTA, thinking it might be easier to be near port the next morning. I’ve only stayed in a Premier Inn once during a travel snafu, so it’s encouraging to see others have booked this, too.

Planning Update

I have now booked my post cruise hotel in London. We arrive back to Dover on Friday 18 September and while I could go straight back to Ireland, I know that I will want to stay in holiday / cruise mode for a bit longer. :) So my plan is to get the train from Dover to London and to stay in London until Sunday 20 September.

I was originally going to book Travelodge Marylebone, where I stayed at Christmas, but then I decided to check out Premier Inn at Kings Cross. https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/ho...ondon/london-kings-cross.html?cid=GLBC_KINPTI The train from Dover is to Kings Cross and I can get the tube to Heathrow, so its a very good location for me to stay.

Surprisingly, the Premier Inn is cheaper than Travelodge for my nights, so thats where I booked.:) I booked the non refundable pay in advance rate and it came to £179 for 2 nights. This is just the standard room rate, with no breakfast or evening meal extras. I'm not bothered about food in the hotel in London, its right beside Kings Cross train station which has a good amount of food options.

I decided to stay until Sunday, so that I can have almost 2 days as I usually meet up with friends when I visit London.

Wow! BPTink, you have provided a wealth of information!

We are a group of 5 booked on this cruise. It will be my husband and my 4th DCL cruise, and the rest of the group's 3rd. (My DMom, DD22 and DS17) We are also WDW veterans who are hoping to visit Disneyland Paris for the first time after the cruise.

Wow! BPTink, you have provided a wealth of information!

We are a group of 5 booked on this cruise. It will be my husband and my 4th DCL cruise, and the rest of the group's 3rd. (My DMom, DD22 and DS17) We are also WDW veterans who are hoping to visit Disneyland Paris for the first time after the cruise.

awww thanks :) I'll add you to the first post . I'll update some more in a few days. Also I'm going to do a Fish Extender exchange and organise a pre cruise meet up the night before and an onboard meetup for those who will arrange the morning of the cruise.

Feel free to join in with any questions and your plans :)

Disney have now updated the Official Port Adventures / Excusrsions For Le Harve. https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/port-adventures/europe/list/le-havre-france/

Remember these port excursions can only be booked when your booking opens

Platinum Level
Saturday May 16, 2020

Gold Level
Sunday May 31, 2020

Silver Level
Monday Jun 15, 2020

New Cruiser
Tuesday Jun 30, 2020

Accessible Normandy D-Day Beach and WWII Cemetery (LH200)
Private Adventures
Le Havre (Paris), France

Charming Honfleur (LH01)
Cultural
$77.00* (ages 10 and up), $59.00* (ages 3 to 9), $0.00* (ages 0 to 2)
Le Havre (Paris), France

D-Day Landing Beaches (LH11)
Cultural
$170.00* (ages 10 and up), $145.00* (ages 3 to 9), $0.00* (ages 0 to 2)
Le Havre (Paris), France

D-Day Landing Beaches – Adult Only Departure (LH12)
Cultural
$170.00* (ages 18 and up)
Le Havre (Paris), France

Disneyland Paris On Your Own (LH18)
$239.00* (ages 10 and up), $190.00* (ages 3 to 9), $0.00* (ages 0 to 2)
Le Havre (Paris), France

Disneyland Paris Private V.I.P. Tour (LH21)
Signature Collection
$7500.00* (All Ages)
Le Havre (Paris), France

Disneyland Paris Ultimate Day for Young Families VIP Tour (LH19)
$719.00* (ages 10 and up), $659.00* (ages 3 to 9), $0.00* (ages 0 to 2)
Le Havre (Paris), France

Disneyland Paris Ultimate Day of Thrills V.I.P. Tour (LH20)
Signature Collection
$719.00* (ages 10 and up), $659.00* (ages 8 to 9)
Le Havre (Paris), France

Étretat Railroad Cycle (LH02)
Active, Nature, Cultural
$148.00* (ages 10 and up), $133.00* (ages 5 to 9)
Le Havre (Paris), France

Fécamp and Étretat (LH04)
Nature, Cultural
$89.00* (ages 10 and up), $67.00* (ages 3 to 9), $0.00* (ages 0 to 2)
Le Havre (Paris), France

Giverny, Monet’s House and Rouen (LH06)
Nature, Cultural
$179.00* (ages 10 and up), $149.00* (ages 3 to 9), $0.00* (ages 0 to 2)
Le Havre (Paris), France

Hiking in Étretat (LH03)
Active, Nature, Signature Collection
$104.00* (ages 10 and up), $82.00* (ages 9)
Le Havre (Paris), France

Le Havre by Private Vehicle – 4-Hour Mini Bus with Driver (LH27)
Private Adventures
$1580.00* (All Ages)
Le Havre (Paris), France

Le Havre by Private Vehicle – 4-Hour Minivan with Driver (LH25)
Private Adventures
$765.00* (All Ages)
Le Havre (Paris), France

Le Havre by Private Vehicle – 4-Hour Sedan with Driver (LH23)
Private Adventures
$665.00* (All Ages)
Le Havre (Paris), France

Le Havre by Private Vehicle – 9-Hour Mini Bus with Driver (LH28)
Private Adventures
$2650.00* (All Ages)
Le Havre (Paris), France

Le Havre by Private Vehicle – 9-Hour Minivan with Driver (LH26)
Private Adventures
$1479.00* (All Ages)
Le Havre (Paris), France

Le Havre by Private Vehicle – 9-Hour Sedan with Driver (LH24)
Private Adventures
$1275.00* (All Ages)
Le Havre (Paris), France

Medieval Rouen (LH05)
$87.00* (ages 10 and up), $70.00* (ages 3 to 9), $0.00* (ages 0 to 2)
Le Havre (Paris), France

Mont Saint Michel – A UNESCO World Heritage Site (LH17)
Active, Cultural
$143.00* (ages 10 and up), $128.00* (ages 3 to 9), $0.00* (ages 0 to 2)
Le Havre (Paris), France

Panoramic Sights and Savors of Normandy – Adult Only Departure (LH16)
Cultural
$97.00* (ages 21 and up)
Le Havre (Paris), France

Paris Notre Dame (LH14)
$145.00* (ages 10 and up), $110.00* (ages 3 to 9), $0.00* (ages 0 to 2)
Le Havre (Paris), France

Paris River Cruise with Lunch (LH15)
$225.00* (ages 10 and up), $165.00* (ages 3 to 9), $130.00* (ages 0 to 2)
Le Havre (Paris), France

Paris Sightseeing (LH13)
$132.00* (ages 10 and up), $100.00* (ages 3 to 9), $0.00* (ages 0 to 2)
Le Havre (Paris), France

Paris Sightseeing – Adult Only Departure (LH22)
$132.00* (ages 18 and up)
Le Havre (Paris), France

Taste of Normandy for Families (LH09)
Signature Collection, Culinary Adventures
$100.00* (ages 10 and up), $90.00* (ages 3 to 9), $0.00* (ages 0 to 2)
Le Havre (Paris), France

Thank you for posting this. I have looked around to try to do Honfleur, Etretat and possibly Rouen on our own but it can be more hassle with public transportation in September, English speaking tour guides are a rarity and very expensive there and when vacationing in France we'd like to drink some wine ;) it means car rental is problematic lol. So I might just look at some of DCL tours here. Will look closer to The Panoramic sights and savors of Normandy, or possibly Honfleur tour. Unfortunately Honfleur and Etretat are in diffrent directions from Le Havre. I am also interested in looking around in Le Havre - August Perret architecture - which is made it the only modern city in Unesco's Heritage list. It's good to get a taste of Normandy on this cruise as it always has been in bucket list for me but I typically always choose other places in France when travelling :)

Yes, thanks for posting. My initial thought was Paris, but I believe we may lean more towards Normandy and then in a few years, head back over and hit Paris along with DL Paris as well:).

Thank you for posting this. I have looked around to try to do Honfleur, Etretat and possibly Rouen on our own but it can be more hassle with public transportation in September, English speaking tour guides are a rarity and very expensive there and when vacationing in France we'd like to drink some wine ;) it means car rental is problematic lol. So I might just look at some of DCL tours here. Will look closer to The Panoramic sights and savors of Normandy, or possibly Honfleur tour. Unfortunately Honfleur and Etretat are in diffrent directions from Le Havre. I am also interested in looking around in Le Havre - August Perret architecture - which is made it the only modern city in Unesco's Heritage list. It's good to get a taste of Normandy on this cruise as it always has been in bucket list for me but I typically always choose other places in France when travelling :)

You are welcome :) I'm not doing any DCL port excursions at Le Harve. In fact I'm not even planning on going into Paris. I'm just going to have a wander on my own around Le Harve town in the morning, do some shopping and then be back on the ship for lunch. I'm planning on spending the afternoon of Le Harve day in the spa :) as most people will be out on excursions all day.

Ive been to Paris, Disneyland Paris, The Somme and the Languedoc region so I'm not really bothered about going to Normandy on the cruise.

Yes, thanks for posting. My initial thought was Paris, but I believe we may lean more towards Normandy and then in a few years, head back over and hit Paris along with DL Paris as well:).

Hi and welcome I'll add you to the list of cruisers on the first page :) Also let me know if you are interested in the Fish Extender Exchange and the pre cruise meet up in Dover the night before the cruise. I think the Normandy excursions will be very popular. As we have an overnight in Le Harve, I think people will have more park time on the Disneyland Paris excursions than previous years, but its just the travel time thats a nightmare, its really far from Le Harve.

ok, I've had a good look at Le Harve Port Excursions. https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/port-adventures/europe/list/le-havre-france/

Disneyland Paris Port Excursions
approx 4 hour bus journey each way
Approx 14 hour total excursion time
Mont St Michael
3 hour bus journey each way
Approx 11 hour total excursion time
Paris Port Excursions
3 hour bus journey each way
Approx 10 hour total excursion time
Normandy Beaches
2 hour bus journey each way
Approx 10 hour total excursion time
Rouen
90 minutes bus journey each way
Approx 5 hour total excursion time
Cider and Cheese Factory and Tastings
90 minutes bus journey each way
Fécamp and Étretat
approx 1 hour bus journey each way

Normandy Beaches
  • 2 hours travel each way
  • 10-hour plus excursion
  • Lunch included
  • 2.5 miles walking plus 20 stairs
Disneyland Paris
  • 14-hour plus excursion
  • 3.5-hours travel each way
  • Park Hopper Ticket
  • Food not included – on your own
  • Paid Fastpass not included – on your own
  • Lunch and Grab and Go Snack bag included with VIP Private, VIP Under 8 Child Focus, VIP Over 8 Child Focus
  • Paid Fastpass with VIP Private, VIP Under 8 Child Focus, VIP Over 8 Child Focus
  • Guide included with VIP Private, VIP Under 8 Child Focus, VIP Over 8 Child Focus
Étretat Railroad Cycle
  • 45 minute travel each way
  • 4.5 hour excursion
  • Railroad cycle and free time to explore the town
  • Food not included
Fécamp and Étretat
  • 1 hour travel time each way
  • 5 hour excursion time
  • Bénédictine Palace museum and liqueur tasting in Fécamp
  • Guided tour of Étretat town and free time to explore Étretat
  • Food not included
Giverny, Monet’s House and Rouen
  • 10 hour excursion
  • 2 hour travel time to Giverny
  • 1 hour 45 minute travel from Giverny to Rouen
  • 75 minute travel time from Rouen back to ship
  • 1 mile of walking plus stairs
  • Lunch included
Hiking in Étretat
  • 4.5 hour excursion
  • 45 minute travel time each way
  • 2-hour and 15-minute coastal hike, approx. 4 miles and stairs and uneven ground
  • 30 minute on your own time in Étretat town
  • Food not included
France by Private Vehicle
  • 4 hour excursion time or 9 hour excursion time
  • Vehicles can take groups of 18 people, 6 people or 3 people
  • Arrange own itinerary, drivers are not tour guides and may not speak English
  • Food and entrance fees not included
  • Optional Tour guide for an extra fee, tour guide included in van passenger number, so 17 plus tour guide
  • This is a private arrangement; those accompanying you agree to share all costs. Disney does not match groups of passengers to form a private group for the vehicle.
  • This tour is ordered per vehicle. One person in your party places the order for the vehicle; the entire cost of the vehicle is charged to that person’s shipboard account and cannot be divided up among the party.
  • Vehicles and guides are extremely limited; reserve early to ensure availability.
  • Once on board, you will receive a letter requesting details about your travel plans. Please complete this information and return it to the Port Adventures Desk as soon as possible.
Medieval Rouen
  • 5.5 hour excursion time
  • 90 minute travel time each way
  • Guided walking tour of Rouen town with a visit to the Gothic Rouen Cathedral
  • On your own time in Rouen town
  • 2 miles of walking on uneven surfaces and stairs
  • Dress code for visiting Rouen Cathedral
  • Food not included
Mont Saint Michel
  • 11 hour excursion time
  • 3 hour travel time each way plus transfer shuttle to the monastery
  • 3 miles of walking on uneven surfaces plus large amount of stairs
  • Guided tour of the monastery
  • 90 minutes on your own time
  • Food not included
Adult Only Calvados Factory Tour and Cider Tasting
  • 4.5 hour excursion time
  • 90 minute travel time each way
  • Guided tour of Calvados Factory
  • Cider and cheese tasting
Paris – Notre Dame
  • 11.5 hour excursion time
  • 3 hour travel time each way plus 2 x 1 hour sightseeing drives around Paris
  • 2 x 45 minute / 1.5 mile walk on uneven surfaces
  • 1 hour and 15 minutes of free time around Notre Dame
  • Food not included
Paris River Cruise
  • 10.5 hour excursion
  • 3 hour travel time each way
  • River cruise and on your own time
  • Lunch included
Paris Sightseeing
  • Family and Adults only options
  • 10.5 hour excursion time
  • 3 hour travel time each way
  • Guided bus tour around Paris
  • 2 hours on your own time
  • Lunch not included
Family friendly French Cheese Factory
  • 6 hour excursion time
  • 1 hour 15 minute travel time
  • Cheese making workshop for children
  • Cheese tasting with apple juice and cider for adults
  • 45 minute travel time to a calvados distillery in a castle
  • Distillery tour and Calvados tasting for adults

Thanks for letting us know that Le Harve Port Excursions have been released. DW and I will most likely being going to the Normandy Beaches. We plan to take the Eurostar to Paris after the cruise to tour Paris.

Thanks for letting us know that Le Harve Port Excursions have been released. DW and I will most likely being going to the Normandy Beaches. We plan to take the Eurostar to Paris after the cruise to tour Paris.

hi and welcome I'll add you to the cruisers on the first post :) Also don't forget to let me know if you would like to take part in the Fish Extender exchange and the pre cruise meet up the night before in Dover.

Thats a long day, but I know from previous trip reports that those that go say its worth it and an experience not to be missed, especially if you have family who were in the Military.

Thats a good idea to take the Eurostar back to Paris, that way you get to see the city at your own pace.

@BadPinkTink, We unfortunately won't be able to join y'all for the pre-cruise meet up as we won't be coming into Dover until Sunday morning and then we'll be going straight over to tour the Dover Castle prior to embarkation.

We would love to do Disneyland Paris as part of the cruise, but I don't think 7 hours would be enough time to see both parks and we have a pretty full itinerary in Paris after the cruise.

Do you have plans to add Disneyland Shanghai, Hong Kong and Tokyo to your fantastic "Disney Park" travels?

@BadPinkTink, We unfortunately won't be able to join y'all for the pre-cruise meet up as we won't be coming into Dover until Sunday morning and then we'll be going straight over to tour the Dover Castle prior to embarkation.

We would love to do Disneyland Paris as part of the cruise, but I don't think 7 hours would be enough time to see both parks and we have a pretty full itinerary in Paris after the cruise.

Do you have plans to add Disneyland Shanghai, Hong Kong and Tokyo to your fantastic "Disney Park" travels?

Thats ok, I'm thinking about organising an onboard meetup on embarkation day, so I'll probably see you on the ship. Ive been watching YouTube videos from the 2019 European cruises and Dover Castle is a popular choice.

It is a very short park time considering the very long travel time each way, so thats a good decision not to to the DCL Disneyland Paris excursion.

lol, Im planning my annual June trip to Disneyland California at the moment, so not this year. Maybe some day I might venture East instead of West :)

We are on this cruise. Still trying to plan the rest of our vacation.

We want to do the D-Day beaches when in Le Havre so thank you for posting the excursion information. We are trying to decide to do the ship tour or look into doing an indapendent excursion.

We are on this cruise. Still trying to plan the rest of our vacation.

We want to do the D-Day beaches when in Le Havre so thank you for posting the excursion information. We are trying to decide to do the ship tour or look into doing an indapendent excursion.

Hi and welcome , I'll add you to the first post :) Let me know if you are interested in the Fish Extender Exchange and the pre cruise meet up :)

You are welcome, I'm guessing that might be a popular excursion.

Been so quiet here. I'd been hoping and hoping things would settle quick. It appears that I'm going to have to cancel this. I am no longer in the UK and it appears that it's not likely that I'll be back.

Been so quiet here. I'd been hoping and hoping things would settle quick. It appears that I'm going to have to cancel this. I am no longer in the UK and it appears that it's not likely that I'll be back.

oh goodness, sorry to hear that. :( Theres been so much going on, that cruise planning was making me a bit down. If the ship makes it to Dover, then I will still be on it. I checked with my travel insurance and as I booked the cruise, the flights and the hotels before March 13 I still have full medical coverage.

As we are still a good bit before Paid In Full, you should be able to get whatever money you have paid back.

Hi there! We are also just waiting and seeing. When/If the situation calms, the ship comes to Europe (in July?) and there is a flight to take us to London, we are planning on the cruise. The realist (pessimist?) in me is unfortunately over 50 % sure that there will not be enough americans wanting to take a cruise or that too many of the European ports are closed this summer, to make it worth for DCL to come over to Europe this summer.. :confused:😦
Anyway, they will offer full refund when they cancel BUT i’m hearing the refunds already now can take up to 120 days. This is a long time to wait for this amount of money for many.

@Lill
Hang on in there, we are not even at Paid In Full yet, and a lot can happen in a few days, right now :) I have a feeling that many of the end of March / April cruisers have rebooked onto our cruise, so it will balance out between those who cancel and the rebookers. Also the Guaranteed rates in all categories are very good, so that will draw alot of people in nearer the time. However those Guaranteed rates come with alot of restrictions, and they need to be Paid In Full at the time of booking. I can see many people booking last minute, Europeans as well as Americans who have had cruises cancelled.
I was expecting low capacity anyway due to the date of the cruise, that its in term time.

@Lill
Hang on in there, we are not even at Paid In Full yet, and a lot can happen in a few days, right now :) I have a feeling that many of the end of March / April cruisers have rebooked onto our cruise, so it will balance out between those who cancel and the rebookers. Also the Guaranteed rates in all categories are very good, so that will draw alot of people in nearer the time. However those Guaranteed rates come with alot of restrictions, and they need to be Paid In Full at the time of booking. I can see many people booking last minute, Europeans as well as Americans who have had cruises cancelled.
I was expecting low capacity anyway due to the date of the cruise, that its in term time.

We are on this cruise. Starting to think it won't happen now

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!