Cancelled Disney Magic 5 Night Western Europe From Dover 13 September 2020

I am platinum, but the DCL site shows my check in/booking window opens on June 4?

I just looked at your cruise history and it looks like you will be sailing on the October 2020 WBTA on Oct 2. As Platinum that would make your booking window June 4, 2020. The May 16 booking window is for the 5 night European Cruise on Sept 13, 2020.

I hope this solves your mystery.

ok so some big updates have happened in the last 24 hours.
  1. The Disney Magic joined The Dream and The Fantasy in Port Canaveral and European crew were transfered to The Magic.
  2. The Magic then sailed to Castaway Cay on Friday 8 May.
  3. On the evening of Friday 8 May The Disney Magic left Castaway Cay with a new destination - Ponta Delgada EUROPE

According to various reports from crew members, the eventual destination is Dover England.

The first scheduled Dover cruise for the ship is 25 July, so right now it looks like the plan is for the ship to wait out June and July in Dover and then see what the situation is. At least with the ship in Dover,on the right side of the world, it will be easy for Disney to restart their original planned European schedule whenever they are allowed to do so.

All this gives me just a tiny spark of hope that our cruise will not be cancelled. I know it will be a very different experience to what cruising was before and I am prepared for restrictions and whatever policy changes are necessary for the safety of both crew and passengers.

At this stage, after all we have been though since March, just being on the ship even with limitations will be amazing.

ok so some big updates have happened in the last 24 hours.
  1. The Disney Magic joined The Dream and The Fantasy in Port Canaveral and European crew were transfered to The Magic.
  2. The Magic then sailed to Castaway Cay on Friday 8 May.
  3. On the evening of Friday 8 May The Disney Magic left Castaway Cay with a new destination - Ponta Delgada EUROPE

According to various reports from crew members, the eventual destination is Dover England.

The first scheduled Dover cruise for the ship is 25 July, so right now it looks like the plan is for the ship to wait out June and July in Dover and then see what the situation is. At least with the ship in Dover,on the right side of the world, it will be easy for Disney to restart their original planned European schedule whenever they are allowed to do so.

All this gives me just a tiny spark of hope that our cruise will not be cancelled. I know it will be a very different experience to what cruising was before and I am prepared for restrictions and whatever policy changes are necessary for the safety of both crew and passengers.

At this stage, after all we have been though since March, just being on the ship even with limitations will be amazing.

when do u think we will find out if this sails or not

when do u think we will find out if this sails or not

Well right now DCL are still doing the rolling cancellations. They seem to do them about every 14 days. The last cancellation announcement was on April 27 so I would expect the following cruises to be cancelled in the next week or so.
  • Monday July 13, 2020
    5-Night Mediterranean Cruise from Barcelona
  • Saturday July 18, 2020
    7-Night Western Europe Cruise from Barcelona to Dover
  • Saturday July 25, 2020
    11-Night Northern Europe Cruise from Dover to Copenhagen
I would expect them to cancel the August cruises sometime in June.

Our PIF date is 14 June, all the other cruises have been cancelled after their PIF dates.

Also it will depend on the countries and ports, when they reopen.

We will really only know once there is a cruise before us, such as the late August cruises.

Well right now DCL are still doing the rolling cancellations. They seem to do them about every 14 days. The last cancellation announcement was on April 27 so I would expect the following cruises to be cancelled in the next week or so.
  • Monday July 13, 2020
    5-Night Mediterranean Cruise from Barcelona
  • Saturday July 18, 2020
    7-Night Western Europe Cruise from Barcelona to Dover
  • Saturday July 25, 2020
    11-Night Northern Europe Cruise from Dover to Copenhagen
I would expect them to cancel the August cruises sometime in June.

Our PIF date is 14 June, all the other cruises have been cancelled after their PIF dates.

Also it will depend on the countries and ports, when they reopen.

We will really only know once there is a cruise before us, such as the late August cruises.

are u starting to think our cruise may be cancelled now

u seem quite a expert at this😃

are u starting to think our cruise may be cancelled now

u seem quite a expert at this😃

no, I am still hopeful about going on the cruise, but I have a realistic practical outlook and am prepared for all eventualities. I just think its important to look at all outcomes and to manage expectations. Right now I am focusing on walking onto the ship for the first time and seeing that beautiful atrium.

Thanks, I have been planning for this cruise since July 2019 and I just soak up information from all angles.

I just looked at your cruise history and it looks like you will be sailing on the October 2020 WBTA on Oct 2. As Platinum that would make your booking window June 4, 2020. The May 16 booking window is for the 5 night European Cruise on Sept 13, 2020.

I hope this solves your mystery.
Absolutely. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused

Some positive updates

Today is 120 days before departure day

It is also Platinum Castaway Club Member Online Check In Day.

I am happy to report the following
  1. Platinum Castaway Club Member Online Check Is Now Open
  2. Palo Brunch is on Thursday 17 September
  3. The DCL Port Adventures page for Zeebrugge / Bruges has been updated and the Platinum Castaway Club Members can now book them. https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/port-adventures/europe/list/zeebrugge-belgium/

ita no longer letting u book European sept cruises

surly this means a cancellation for this cruise is on its way

ita no longer letting u book European sept cruises

surly this means a cancellation for this cruise is on its way

Not exactly. In this new age of social distancing, they will have to limit capacity. So stopping the online booking could mean that the new capacity has been reached.

Like I said before, the cruise planning will continue until there is official confirmation the cruise is cancelled. So that means that when your online check in date arrives, you should assume that the ship will be sailing and check in, get your port arrival time and book the tastings, mixolgys, character meet and greets and port excursions just as you would if we were not dealing with Covid 19.

If you just assume that the cruise is going to be cancelled and don't check in when your date arrives and you don't book the tastings, mixolgys, character meet and greets and port excursions, then by the time you realise oh heck we are sailing, then you could miss out on things you wanted to do.

We have to remain positive that we will be on the ship in September.

Not exactly. In this new age of social distancing, they will have to limit capacity. So stopping the online booking could mean that the new capacity has been reached.

Like I said before, the cruise planning will continue until there is official confirmation the cruise is cancelled. So that means that when your online check in date arrives, you should assume that the ship will be sailing and check in, get your port arrival time and book the tastings, mixolgys, character meet and greets and port excursions just as you would if we were not dealing with Covid 19.

If you just assume that the cruise is going to be cancelled and don't check in when your date arrives and you don't book the tastings, mixolgys, character meet and greets and port excursions, then by the time you realise oh heck we are sailing, then you could miss out on things you wanted to do.

We have to remain positive that we will be on the ship in September.

so we called up today and asked what are options were for this sept cruise that was booked on a non refundable rate

disney offered me a full refund with out any problems

she said I don’t see a way any cruises in Europe this year will happen. She said she thinks that’s why they have stoped selling for sept in Europe anyway and it’s only a matter of time until they are cancelled

so we called up today and asked what are options were for this sept cruise that was booked on a non refundable rate

disney offered me a full refund with out any problems

she said I don’t see a way any cruises in Europe this year will happen. She said she thinks that’s why they have stoped selling for sept in Europe anyway and it’s only a matter of time until they are cancelled

Thats great that you got your refund, as that seems to be the best option for you. You did not seem comfortable sailing right now, and thats ok, everyone needs to make the best decision for their own personal circumstances.

Right now I'm paid in full and continuing with my cruise planning. If the cruise is cancelled I will take the 125% future cruise credit and rebooked for September 2021.

Just a small update

Disney Cruise Line released the next round of rolling cancellations today. Only The Wonder Alaskan Cruises in August have been cancelled. This is because Canada has extended the ban for cruise ships. None of the August cruises on The Magic, The Dream or The Fantasy have been cancelled. Is this a sign that the ships will start sailing again in August?

I hope so for you - the waiting is hard!

Thanks
I'm just continuing on with cruise planning, at this stage I have to assume we are sailing, so I don't want to leave everything to last minute. I'm making lists of what I want to DIY in each port and checking their websites for updates about reopening and new procedures.

I'm also stocking up on hand sanitisers and facemasks

Monday 8 June 2020 5.52pm London Time

Reservation #: xxxxxxxxxx

Dear xxxxxxxx

All of us at Disney Cruise Line hope you and your family are staying well. While COVID-19 continues to impact all our lives, we are inspired daily by the stories of care, compassion and resilience around the globe.

With the wellbeing of our Guests and team members as our top priority and in line with direction from health experts and government officials, Disney Cruise Line is extending the suspension of Disney Magic departures from Europe up to and including the October 2, 2020 sailing. This means that your sailing has been cancelled.

In light of this cancellation, we are offering you the choice of a 125% future cruise credit to be used for a future sailing prior to March 31, 2022, or a full refund. The credit has been automatically added to your account.

Once you have decided on an alternate sail date, please contact your travel agent. Your agent may place a reservation on hold for you by applying this credit as a payment option when booking a new reservation online.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We look forward to welcoming you aboard as soon as we can and making magic for you and your loved ones.

Sincerely,

The Cast and Crew
Disney Cruise Line

*The Future Cruise Credit is equal to 125% of your original voyage fare plus the cost of the Vacation Protection Plan, if applicable. The FCC is only valid for sailings departing prior to March 31, 2022. Your original reservation must be paid in full to be eligible for the FCC. The FCC is applied per person and is non-transferable, non-refundable, has no cash value and may be divided across multiple sailings. Standard prevailing rates apply and Guests are responsible for any balance due after the FCC has been applied. If you end up not being able to use the FCC, you will be eligible for a refund up to the amount of your original voyage fare plus the cost of the Vacation Protection Plan, if applicable. Standard cancellation policies and terms and conditions apply to future sailings. Guests who previously received a FCC are not eligible for an additional FCC.

well thats it, its official :sad: :sad: :sad:

I have emailed my travel agent to rebook me on the September 2021 7 night Norwegian Fjords.

I'm so glad that I Paid In Full a few weeks ago, as Disney have cancelled 6 days before the official Paid In Full date. Now with the 125% Future Cruise Credit I can afford the longer more expensive cruise.

I held out hope as long as possible, trying to stay positive but at the same time being realistic and logical. So now the waiting starts AGAIN!!

Now I need to sort out my flights and Dover hotel. I'm not sure what to do yet, I might just cancel and get my money back or I might try to change the dates and use them for the 2021 cruise.

Disney are clever though, cancelling now , as it means anyone who hasn't PIF has now missed out on the 125% FCC.

In a few days, I'll move any relevant info over to the Norwegian Fjord meet up thread and start the cruise planning again.

well thats it, its official :sad: :sad: :sad:

I have emailed my travel agent to rebook me on the September 2021 7 night Norwegian Fjords.

I'm so glad that I Paid In Full a few weeks ago, as Disney have cancelled 6 days before the official Paid In Full date. Now with the 125% Future Cruise Credit I can afford the longer more expensive cruise.

I held out hope as long as possible, trying to stay positive but at the same time being realistic and logical. So now the waiting starts AGAIN!!

Now I need to sort out my flights and Dover hotel. I'm not sure what to do yet, I might just cancel and get my money back or I might try to change the dates and use them for the 2021 cruise.

Disney are clever though, cancelling now , as it means anyone who hasn't PIF has now missed out on the 125% FCC.

In a few days, I'll move any relevant info over to the Norwegian Fjord meet up thread and start the cruise planning again.
Good you have already made new plans. As I already have vacation the week in September, we play with the thought of visiting Paris and DLP for a quick Disney fix...

You can always PM if any questions about Norway (where I live:). Also, I have actually booked a Norwegian Fjords cruise for June 2021 with my parents who are not Norwegians as this is an easy way to finally see the nature and fjords for them. I cross fingers the virus is not actively ruining travel business by then as my dad was very sceptic to cruises and diseases already before Covid-19.

Good you have already made new plans. As I already have vacation the week in September, we play with the thought of visiting Paris and DLP for a quick Disney fix...

You can always PM if any questions about Norway (where I live:). Also, I have actually booked a Norwegian Fjords cruise for June 2021 with my parents who are not Norwegians as this is an easy way to finally see the nature and fjords for them. I cross fingers the virus is not actively ruining travel business by then as my dad was very sceptic to cruises and diseases already before Covid-19.

Going to DLP is a good backup plan. I'm self employed so I don't have to worry about now having spare vacation days, I'll just schedule work for that week.

thanks, yes the Norwegian Fjords has always been my backup plan since the cancelations started. I made sure to PIF to secure the FCC weeks ago. My head is all over the place right now, but thanks for the offer, I will PM you in a few weeks. I have made a new crusie meets threads for the Norwegian Fjords which yu are welcome to join , as I'm sure your local knowledge will be most useful in the coming months :)

I’m very sorry you won’t make your first Disney Cruise this year, but looks like your foresight has paid off with the FCC and your now being able to do the longer cruise next year. More days on board means more cruising fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter