Disney Magic and Marvel… A few of my favorite things April 15th- April 20th

Day 4 - Rainforest Room, Meeting Princesses, and the Start of Pirate Night

So day 4 was meant to be our 2nd day at Sea… But actually it was our 3rd day at Sea in a row since we couldn’t get off the ship at Grand Cayman. (My biggest concern with a Cruise was that I would run out of things to do on the ship and feel trapped when I wasn't at a port... Turns out that isn't a real problem.) After running a mile or two around deck 4 to experience running at sea we got cleaned up and went to the Princess Gathering. Each of the Princesses were so nice and each took several minutes to talk to us about how we were enjoying the cruise, what books we are reading, and how to spice up the food when we get home. So even though I’m a single adult male with no kids I still had a lot of fun meeting with the princesses and glad I got the ticket/reservation to see them.
Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 7.01.20 PM.png

Next it was time for Breakfast at Cabana’s.
IMG_5816.JPG

After a great breakfast with a great view it was time to go to our Frozen Meet and greet. This one was also fun. Once again glad I reserved the time for the meet and greet.
1106-15186420-Frozen FZ Anna and Elsa FZ Olaf 4 Aft-30422_GPR.jpg

Next we had a day pass for the Rainforest room. Most the reviews I read were saying if you’ve experienced the Rainforest room on the Dream or Fantasy then the one on the Magic and Wonder isn’t worth your time… Which might be true… Be since this was our first cruise we wanted to give it a try. I really enjoyed the heated lounge chairs and the warm showers (not so much for the cold one). I spent about an hour in there and felt it was well worth my $16. My friend spent an hour and then went back for another hour later in the day, and I think he could have done that each day haha.
Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 7.19.20 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 7.19.50 PM.png

After getting all relaxed we went on the Aqua-Dunk, I’m not very wild when it comes to waterslides so this was a stretch for me. But I really did like it… My only tip is to make sure to plug your nose! If not, you will get what seems like the whole ocean up your nose. (For those not familiar with it the floor drops about below you and you go zooming down) The line was never to bad that I could see. 5 -10 minutes at most.

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 7.20.59 PM.png

We had planned to eat lunch at Cabana’s but after the Rainforest Room and the water slide we had just missed the lunch time… So we opted to go back to our Stateroom and order room service and eat it out on the veranda. So here is the food we ordered (And yes we did eat it all… I know it’s a lot but we were starving after meeting princesses, going on waterslides, and laying on heated lounge chairs.)
Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 7.09.17 PM.png

Baked Mac and Cheese and the All Hands on Deck Cheese Plate
Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 7.08.49 PM.png

Chicken Caesar Salad and Club sandwich
Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 7.09.59 PM.png
Mickey Ice Cream bar, Cake of the day Cheese Cake, and Key Lime Pie
My favorite was the Mac and Cheese.

In the vlog below you can see more of my review of the Room Service food. It was all very good for room service. (And we actually ordered a few other items that I didn't take pictures of... I guess we did eat a lot.) This was another highlight just because ordering lots of room service and sitting out with the sea air was a new experience for me.

After lunch my friend went back to the Rainforest room and I got ready for Pirate night.

Here are just a few of the Pirate pictures we got... More to come in the next post.
Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 7.02.30 PM.png

And as promised here is the vlog from our day:

As always thanks for reading and let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks!

Day 4 - Pirates Night Dinner!

It was time for our Pirates in the Caribbean dinner! It was fun to see so many people dressed up and the servers costumes were a lot of fun too… But I must say I feel like the names of the items on this menu were the longest winded names of the trip. :)

We started out with the Johnny Cakes, rolls, and mango dip. We really enjoyed this, the Johnny cakes were a fun switch.
IMG_5838.JPG

For appetizes we ordered the Sri Sumbhajee’s Begtable Samosa and the “Boucanier” smoked saucisson, baked brie, brioche and honey. What was funny is when they both arrived we had already forgotten what we had ordered… And they both looked a little different then we had imagined so they took us by surprise. Not our favorite appetizes of the trip but still enjoyable.
Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 9.02.26 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 9.08.09 PM.png

I ordered the Chilled Mango Soup which was like getting a mango smoothie from Jamba Juice and putting it in a bowl. I liked the taste of my friends Carrot and Cilantro soup with Banana bread croutons. I’m a simple guy so I liked the more traditional soup flavor… Well at least it had vegetables instead of fruit so it seemed more traditional.
Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 9.33.00 PM.png

My friend ordered Tia Dalma’s Jerk Chicken and it was SO GOOD! A really great flavor. Plus, the rice and peas, fried plantain and the pineapple salsa all tasted great.
IMG_5840.JPG

I had the King George’s Roasted Privateer Strip Loin with cabbage and Yorkshire Pudding. I really enjoyed this… And would likely order it on my next cruise.
IMG_5839.JPG

For dessert you know we had to order several so we got the...
IMG_5843.JPG
Bounty Fruit Cobbler

IMG_5846.JPG
Bananas in Paradise

IMG_5844.JPG
and the Caramel Macadamia Nut Cheesecake Tart. I can’t decide if I liked the Bananas in Paradise or the Carmel Macadamia Nut Cheesecake better… They were all good but those two were extra good.

It was then fun as the server’s lead anyone who wanted to join them in the limbo… And then we finished up the night with a few more pictures with our pirate friends.
1106-15265928-Classic CL Chip and Dale Pirate 4 MS-30489_GPR.jpg

I had heard plenty of reviews that the Pirates night meal was the “one to skip”… And I can understand if you’ve been on several cruises that may be the case. But since it was my first cruise I thought it was still a great menu and a lot of fun to see people dressed up.

In my next post I get to start talking about Castaway Cay! One of the best parts of the trip!

Thanks

Thanks for taking the time to post such a detailed report. I know it's time consuming.

I was especially interested to read your insights because I've booked the Marvel cruise for February, but with Key West, not Cozumel. I'm guessing that my son is about your age and I invited him to join me (single supplement is so expensive, may as well have company ON MY SOLO :cool2: CRUISE) if he isn't working. He does freelance work so it's iffy if he joins me.

I told him I wasn't looking for a Bingo partner, just basically offering him a place to sleep, write, and occasionally eat. My question, which I think you more or less covered, would he feel comfortable amidst the families going about the ship solo? He's a good solo traveler, but obviously a Disney ship is different than a trip to NYC.

Thanks.

Thanks for taking the time to post such a detailed report. I know it's time consuming.

I was especially interested to read your insights because I've booked the Marvel cruise for February, but with Key West, not Cozumel. I'm guessing that my son is about your age and I invited him to join me (single supplement is so expensive, may as well have company ON MY SOLO :cool2: CRUISE) if he isn't working. He does freelance work so it's iffy if he joins me.

I told him I wasn't looking for a Bingo partner, just basically offering him a place to sleep, write, and occasionally eat. My question, which I think you more or less covered, would he feel comfortable amidst the families going about the ship solo? He's a good solo traveler, but obviously a Disney ship is different than a trip to NYC.

Glad you are enjoying the report... And it does take time. Haha. I'm hoping to post more this weekend!
And I totally agree Solo vs. two people in a state room is just like an hundred or two hundred dollars difference, so it is totally worth having a travel buddy.

I didn't know how it would be going as a single guy with my friend. I wasn't really worried but I didn't know if it would be awkward when almost everyone else is traveling as families. But it was totally fine. I mean I was hanging out with my friend a lot but there were plenty of times we split up and I was still having a blast. Whether its relaxing, seeing live entertainment or a movie, going to a class or game all of those felt fine alone. I'm not much of a night club dance person but my buddy enjoyed going to the night life area while I usually headed to bed before him. If I was truly traveling solo without anyone else the only time I think I would feel a bit out of place would be at Dinner time... Because you would likely be put on a table with either another group or maybe a table with another solo traveler and while I met tons of great people on the cruise and enjoyed talking with them I still think having table mates if you are shy or don't love chatting can be a little awkward especially with people you don't know...At the same time I didn't find anyone I didn't enjoy getting to know. And since you two would be together at Dinner it would be fine. And I wouldn't worry about any of the other meals because for breakfast and lunch you can just do your own thing.

Hope that helps.

Glad you are enjoying the report... And it does take time. Haha. I'm hoping to post more this weekend!
And I totally agree Solo vs. two people in a state room is just like an hundred or two hundred dollars difference, so it is totally worth having a travel buddy.

I didn't know how it would be going as a single guy with my friend. I wasn't really worried but I didn't know if it would be awkward when almost everyone else is traveling as families. But it was totally fine. I mean I was hanging out with my friend a lot but there were plenty of times we split up and I was still having a blast. Whether its relaxing, seeing live entertainment or a movie, going to a class or game all of those felt fine alone. I'm not much of a night club dance person but my buddy enjoyed going to the night life area while I usually headed to bed before him. If I was truly traveling solo without anyone else the only time I think I would feel a bit out of place would be at Dinner time... Because you would likely be put on a table with either another group or maybe a table with another solo traveler and while I met tons of great people on the cruise and enjoyed talking with them I still think having table mates if you are shy or don't love chatting can be a little awkward especially with people you don't know...At the same time I didn't find anyone I didn't enjoy getting to know. And since you two would be together at Dinner it would be fine. And I wouldn't worry about any of the other meals because for breakfast and lunch you can just do your own thing.

Hope that helps.

Yes, that helps. Similar to what I was thinking that going solo is not so different than going with others and then having some free time alone. And, it's only five nights. AND, it's Disney. And he was Spider-Man for Halloween so I know he'd love Marvel. I'm hoping his schedule allows him to come, but either way I'm looking forward to February!

Day 5 - Castaway Cay Part 1

When I woke up in the morning and went out on the veranda all I could see was ocean, but I could tell we were staring to circle around. Remember we couldn’t get off the ship at Grand Cayman so we had three full days at sea… And even though I think I could stay on the ship for weeks there was still a lot of excitement to get off… Especially for Castaway Cay.

My friend and I wanted to run the Castaway Cay 5K so we had signed up for it when we got on the ship… Now it was our big day. By the end of the run it was starting to get a bit warm, and I know running a race on vacation might not be for everyone, but I still had a great time. It was a fun way to see some parts of the island that I wouldn’t have seen otherwise. Plus it was fun to get the little medal.

IMG_1344.JPG
After we ran we were headed back to the ship and saw Pluto and Minnie out for pictures. Based on some videos I had seen online I was worried there would be big lines for the Characters on the island but they were basically just chilling waiting for us.

1106-15275642-Cove-29819_GPR.jpg
1106-15279017-Rustmore-29820_GPR.jpg

We then went back to the ship and got showered and had some breakfast.
How often do you get to eat breakfast with a view like that?!?
Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 8.58.23 PM.png

I loved how convenient it was to be able to get back to the Ship and then back to the beach (after running the 5K I didn’t want to walk around feeling gross... Although with the humidity and the salt water some people may not worry about that.)

Once we arrived back to the heart of the island we found Mickey and Goofy waiting to see us.
1106-15278290-Cove-29819_GPR.jpg 1106-15284149-Rustmore-29820_GPR.jpg

So fun to see them on the beach! I did notice there was a larger line for the characters when you got right off the ship but the other lines weren’t bad once you got past the gangway and post office locations.

Next it was on to the Stingray Adventure. Because we missed our port adventure at Stingray City in Grand Cayman we had added this to our plans. And even though it made for a packed day I’m SO GLAD we did. I had only done research on the Grand Cayman Stingray port adventure so I didn’t know how Disney’s would be. In my mind they would have like 10 Stingrays swimming around that we would feed and touch and that would be that… But it was so much better. In total they have 67 stingrays (I believe) in this area and not only do you get to feed them you get to swim with them. After about 10-15 minutes of instruction we got to go with a group around a little floating table and feed the Stingrays for about 15 minutes.

Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 9.11.03 PM.png
And then the last 30 minutes were able to snorkel with them. This was an AMAZING experience. To have the Stingray’s swimming all around you, touching your legs and arms, etc. So cool. The other thing that is nice is they trim the barbs on the Stingray’s so there is no chance of getting stung by them.
Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 9.16.49 PM.png

The Cast Members at this port adventure were all great and we had a lot of fun.

As you can see our day was already packed so then it was time for lunch. We went over to serenity bay and ate over there. Once again, the food was amazing. And it was fun to have the addition of Ribeye steak over at the grown-ups beach.
Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 9.18.25 PM.png

That was just the first half of our day… In the afternoon we did plenty more but this is where I will end my first Castaway Cay post. To see some of the cool videos of the Stingrays and the 5K here is my vlog from that day:

As always if you have any questions feel free and ask. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1357.JPG
    IMG_1357.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 1
:wave2: I have a question.

(Pardon if you've already answered it, but I've read your report over a number of days with a few others sprinkled in. Dory would understand.)

Any more Disney cruises in the plans? If not, which one would you like to do?

Any more Disney cruises in the plans? If not, which one would you like to do?

Nothing official yet, but for a family vacation next year we are looking at some possible options. My requirements for that cruise are a stop at Castaway Cay and at least one (and maybe two) days at sea. I really loved the days at Sea and felt like that is when you really see all the Ship and Cruise have to offer.

Beyond that I certainly think it would be fun to experience one of the mediterranean itineraries. And also I think leaving the port in NYC would be fun... Still making it down to Castaway Cay, etc. but leaving from one of my favorite cities. We will see. But I can already tell after my first cruise that Disney Cruises are addictive. haha

Thanks for reading. :)

Nothing official yet, but for a family vacation next year we are looking at some possible options. My requirements for that cruise are a stop at Castaway Cay and at least one (and maybe two) days at sea. I really loved the days at Sea and felt like that is when you really see all the Ship and Cruise have to offer.

Beyond that I certainly think it would be fun to experience one of the mediterranean itineraries. And also I think leaving the port in NYC would be fun... Still making it down to Castaway Cay, etc. but leaving from one of my favorite cities. We will see. But I can already tell after my first cruise that Disney Cruises are addictive. haha

Thanks for reading. :)

Always fun to have another cruise on the horizon -- so to speak.

Disney cruises are indeed addicting!

Day 5 – Part 2 (More Castaway Cay)

Sorry it has taken so long to get this next part up!

After a wonderful lunch at the Serenity bay BBQ we jumped on the tram and were off to our next port adventure. We had reserved the Jet Ski adventure… I think it was officially named something like “Water Craft Ski Adventure”. I had never ridden on a Jet Ski before, and I’m an overly cautious individual so I was the slowest driving person in our group… Like the parents with younger kids and teenagers were passing me… But even though I was a bit nervous I’m glad we did this. The views of the island from the Jet Ski is something you don’t really get while you are on the island.
Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at 7.53.09 PM.png
The adventure lasted a full hour. The first 30 minutes or so are driving past the ship, past the family beach and serenity bay, and then on around the back of the island. After 30 minutes we stopped at a sand bar for about 15 minutes. The water was so clear and beautiful. You could see some different sea life and just relax.
GOPR0302.JPG
Then it was 15 more minutes back to where we started. A lot of fun, and yes it was safe. I was just the slow-moving vehicle so in the moment I felt a little dumb. Haha (My GoPro images don’t capture how beautiful the sandbar and water truly were… but it gives you an idea.)
Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at 8.06.12 PM.png

After that my buddy went back to Serenity Bay to relax in the two or so hours we had left on the island… I opted to go snorkeling. Keep in mind my first time snorkeling ever was just earlier this morning with the Stingrays, but after hearing a lot about the snorkeling area I wanted to give it a try… And it did not disappoint. So many cool things to see. In the video below I have some of the footage I was able to record. Seeing the sea life, items that had been purposely sunken, and random fish was really so fun!
Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at 8.09.44 PM.png

I stayed in the snorkeling area for about one hour, and after that I was dead tired. I went back to the beach, gathered up my stuff and headed back to the ship. As soon as I got to the room I ordered some room service because I was starving after all that swimming. Haha.

We went and watch the Disney Dream’s musical for the final night. While I think overall Tangled is the strongest show on the Magic, Disney Dream’s is the perfect way to end the trip with so many classic Disney songs and some special moments that tie in the Ship itself it was a great last show to see… Then it was on to the perfect dinner to end our cruise on at Animators Palate.
Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at 8.13.59 PM.png
The Black Truffle Pasta was just as good as everyone has said it was.

And I also really enjoyed my Chicken and Walnut SaladScreen Shot 2018-10-14 at 8.22.08 PM.png
And I loved my Herb-Crusted Pork Chop

What added to making this dinner special was the little animation show they do near the end of dinner showing tons of clips from different Disney movies and then ending it all with Mickey coming out with all the Servers. I think this would have been nice anytime during the week, but it was extra fun to cheer for our servers on the last night after forming a bond with them.
Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at 8.21.19 PM.png
We ended dinner with the Cookies ‘n cream sundae and the crunchy walnut cake

Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at 8.23.33 PM.png
We made sure to get pictures with our servers and our room host. All of them did an excellent job.

IMG_5855.JPG IMG_5864.JPG
Then to end the night we went to the ‘Till We Meet Again party to say good-bye to some of our favorite friends. This really was a special way to end the night.

Here is the video highlighting what I’ve talked about in this post… If you want to get more of a feel about the Jet Ski’s and the Snorkeling the video might do a better job showing you the fun we had.

That will do it for this post… I’ll likely have one more to share about the last morning and some parting thoughts. As always if you have any questions feel free to ask.

End of Day 2 (Marvel Day at Sea) - Start of Day 3 (Grand Cayman... at least we thought)

To end off Marvel Day at Sea was the awesome Heroes Unite Deck Show. While this was my first cruise, I can say compared to Pirates Night Deck Party and the YouTube videos I’ve seen of the Star Wars Day at sea Deck party… The Marvel show outshines them all. Where the Pirate party has a loose story and is more of a Dance party, and the Star Wars show seemed more like a clip highlight show with characters just waking out related to specific clips, the Heroes Unite show had a story/plot, new original footage, humor, and some rather clever ways they included the fireworks. Plus decent special effects and stunts. I don’t want to give too much away but know that it was Awesome and very fun! We had second seating at dinner and tried to hurry but we still didn't get the exact spots I had hoped for on Deck 10... so that meant we were on Deck 9 but we still had a great view and later on some of the characters even mentioned seeing us near the front.
View attachment 335073

The next day we were VERY excited to go to Grand Cayman. We had booked a port adventure to go to Stingray City and in the afternoon we had planned to have lunch at a cool restaurant and then visit the Turtle Center. We woke up early, had breakfast at Cabana’s (you can never have too many Mickey Waffles.)
View attachment 335075

Then we headed down to where our Port Adventure was meeting. They then announced that since Grand Cayman doesn’t have a port and we had to use the tender boats to get there we would be unable to leave at this time due to swells in the water. For about two hours we were still hopeful that we wouldn’t miss Stingray City but after that point they announced all port adventures were cancelled and then shortly after that they announced no one would be able to go to shore. I’m grateful they look out for our safety. But still sad we had to miss what we had planned.

But even when things get cancelled you can’t get too upset because you still are on an amazing ship, with fun things to do, great food, etc.

We decided to try to see a movie (but those filled up way early since everyone now had a free day to fill) so I spend a good deal of my time catching up with some of the characters, relaxing, exploring the ship, and even did one of the crafts which was fun. My friend spend the afternoon reading and relaxing on one of the upper decks.
View attachment 335074

As the day progressed the characters started to get into their formal outfits, since it was formal night.

View attachment 335079
I was impressed with how Disney and all the Cast Members still made this a fun day. When many Cast Members had planned not to be on the ship (in part because they Fantasy was also supposed to go to Grand Cayman that day so they were excited to see friends on the other ship) they all pitched in to add extra activities, and fun.

This was also the night we were able to see Tangled the Musical. I think this was my favorite stage show/musical during the cruise. They did an AMAZING job, the singing, dancing, effects, sets, etc. all of it was wonderful. And there are a few new songs too. Very Very fun!

For formal night I thought it was fitting we were in Lumiere’s.

For Appetizers we had the Duck Confit, Breaded and Deep Fried Brie, and Gastons Escargot Gratinee. It was my first time trying Escargot… And I was shocked that it wasn’t bad at all. In fact I think I liked it a bit (you can see more of that on my video below).
View attachment 335081

I had the French Onion Soup and My friend had the Potage Parmentier (Leek and Potato Soup) I personally liked his soup better than my French Onion Soup. Not that it was bad, just liked the other one better.

We both LOVE our main dishes… Oven-Baked Salmon Royale and Roasted Rack of Lamb. I would order both again in a heartbeat.
View attachment 335076 View attachment 335077

And we were so full that night we only ordered two desserts… But our server made sure we had four of them… haha

Souffle, Apple Tart, Crème Brulee, and Straberry Shortcake Sundae.
View attachment 335082 View attachment 335078

To end the night we went to see Minnie in her formal outfit. I love how much time the characters are willing to spend with each person on the cruise… I just returned from a trip to Disneyland and there were several instances where the cast members would make it clear we needed to get in and out as fast as possible… Made me miss the more relaxed vibes from the cruise.

View attachment 335080

So while we had hoped to see Grand Cayman it was still a fun day… And the other good news is as soon as they announced all Grand Cayman port adventures were cancelled we ran down to the port adventure desk and added the Stingray Adventure to our plans at Castaway Cay… So more of that to come in the future.

Here is the Vlog of our day:

As always thanks for reading and if you have any questions I'd be happy to answer based on my experience. Thanks!

Your trip report is fantastic. I found it because I am try to get information for our families 5 night to GC and CC in January 2020. We sailed a 7 night Western on DCL in 2010. I was hoping to hear about your experience at GC. Glad to hear you made themost of your day despite missing out on GC. It is a gorgeous island.

We missed CC back in 2011 due to a hurricane passing thru the Bahamas just a day before our cruise sailed.

Okay back in o the rest of your report. Your photos are beautiful.

Great to see the jet skis! We've been considering that for our next visit to CC.

They really were fun! I was just the slow mover of the group, but I still felt like I was going plenty fast. Haha And I felt like it was a port adventure that was "worth it" because you get to spend an hour out there with about 45 minutes driving! Very fun.

Your trip report is fantastic. I found it because I am try to get information for our families 5 night to GC and CC in January 2020. We sailed a 7 night Western on DCL in 2010. I was hoping to hear about your experience at GC. Glad to hear you made themost of your day despite missing out on GC. It is a gorgeous island.

We missed CC back in 2011 due to a hurricane passing thru the Bahamas just a day before our cruise sailed.

Okay back in o the rest of your report. Your photos are beautiful.

Thanks for the kind words. And I was sad we missed GC too, but with so much fun to do on the ship I couldn't really complain. From talking to crew members and other passengers who had been on the same itinerary before, weather does stop GC visits every so often since you have to take the tender boats in. I was grateful weather was perfect for Castaway Cay. So sorry you missed that! Hope your upcoming trip is WONDERFUL!

They really were fun! I was just the slow mover of the group, but I still felt like I was going plenty fast. Haha And I felt like it was a port adventure that was "worth it" because you get to spend an hour out there with about 45 minutes driving! Very fun.

Thanks for the kind words. And I was sad we missed GC too, but with so much fun to do on the ship I couldn't really complain. From talking to crew members and other passengers who had been on the same itinerary before, weather does stop GC visits every so often since you have to take the tender boats in. I was grateful weather was perfect for Castaway Cay. So sorry you missed that! Hope your upcoming trip is WONDERFUL!

Thanks for your kind words :)

I was thinking of doing the Rainforest Room. You liked it and it was only $16.
I have never done it on any ship. But supposedly the Dream/Fantasy’s Room is fancier. I believe they have hot tub on a balcony.

Last year, I was on the Magic and waiting to go in for my a Pedicure, when I saw this couple come in their robes. Well, less then 5 minutes later they came out and said how the RR was not like the larger ships so they were not interested.

But I think I will give it a try. DH and I will be on the Magic next week to Bermuda out of NYC. I have a Pedicure scheduled on the first evening, but we do have to fill days a sea. I think the RR would be a nice thing to try.

I was thinking of doing the Rainforest Room. You liked it and it was only $16.
I have never done it on any ship. But supposedly the Dream/Fantasy’s Room is fancier. I believe they have hot tub on a balcony.

Last year, I was on the Magic and waiting to go in for my a Pedicure, when I saw this couple come in their robes. Well, less then 5 minutes later they came out and said how the RR was not like the larger ships so they were not interested.

But I think I will give it a try. DH and I will be on the Magic next week to Bermuda out of NYC. I have a Pedicure scheduled on the first evening, but we do have to fill days a sea. I think the RR would be a nice thing to try.

I did enjoy the Rainforest room. As you mentioned I've also heard that the bigger ships have nicer rainforest rooms and that once you've experienced those the magic and wonder are kind of a let down... But for those of us who are experiencing it for the first time it was nice. :) To get the $16 day pass I just had to preorder it on the Disney Cruise website (I think under the gift/add on page) or you can just call the Cruise line phone number. That pass will be waiting for you in your stateroom and then you can use it on whatever day you like. They have 2 warm tropical showers and 1 cold shower, several heated lounge chairs, and two different steam rooms. Once again, it's not for everyone, but if you are looking to spend some time just relaxing it was very nice. My friend used it once in the morning and then went back in the afternoon for another hour or two after we went on the AquaDunk and ate lunch.

Have such an awesome time!

I did enjoy the Rainforest room. As you mentioned I've also heard that the bigger ships have nicer rainforest rooms and that once you've experienced those the magic and wonder are kind of a let down... But for those of us who are experiencing it for the first time it was nice. :) To get the $16 day pass I just had to preorder it on the Disney Cruise website (I think under the gift/add on page) or you can just call the Cruise line phone number. That pass will be waiting for you in your stateroom and then you can use it on whatever day you like. They have 2 warm tropical showers and 1 cold shower, several heated lounge chairs, and two different steam rooms. Once again, it's not for everyone, but if you are looking to spend some time just relaxing it was very nice. My friend used it once in the morning and then went back in the afternoon for another hour or two after we went on the AquaDunk and ate lunch.

Have such an awesome time!

Thanks for the heads up on the preorder. I don’t know if I saw it offered on our cruise. I will look today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!