Disney Magic - August 1, 2019 Copenhagen to St. Petersburg

princessekrus

Mouseketeer
Starting a thread for the August 1, 2019 Sailing of the Disney Magic from Copenhagen to St. Petersburg.

Anyone else on this cruise?

This will be the first cruise for our whole gang... me, DH, DD13 and DD9 as well as my mom and dad. We are very excited, but I feel like I know nothing about cruising and would love to some tips and tricks! (I am slowly working my way through various trip reports and Dis cruise threads).

Yay! It was starting to get lonely in here! We have never done a cruise of any kind. I think I blew my 9-year-old's mind when I told her:
1) She can have "free" soft serve pretty much whenever she wants and
2) The boat is bigger than the titanic and
3) It's like a hotel that takes you from country to country.... she was having a hard time understanding how we were going to go to all these different countries without having to take an airplane.

Do you have any advice for picking excursions? I know you haven't done Europe before - but are excursion days exhausting? Is it better to do a couple of really great excursions and then have less structured days at other ports? Can you even have less structured days and still visit the ports without an excursion? I feel like there is so much i don't know!

We are going to be in Copenhagen for 2 nights before the cruise, and I'm trying to decide on activities. I've actually been to Copenhagen before (8 years ago when my husband was on a business trip), so I have some idea what I want to do. I definitely want to do a canal cruise and go to Tivoli garden, but trying to decide what else would be good (and not too boring for a 12 and 9 year old). I loved the Danish Design museum when I was there, but don't think my kids (or probably my husband) would get much out of it, so we'll probably skip it. Thinking maybe of taking the train to the viking museum, but don't know if I can cram all of that into 1 day.

Yay! It was starting to get lonely in here! We have never done a cruise of any kind. I think I blew my 9-year-old's mind when I told her:
1) She can have "free" soft serve pretty much whenever she wants and
2) The boat is bigger than the titanic and
3) It's like a hotel that takes you from country to country.... she was having a hard time understanding how we were going to go to all these different countries without having to take an airplane.

Do you have any advice for picking excursions? I know you haven't done Europe before - but are excursion days exhausting? Is it better to do a couple of really great excursions and then have less structured days at other ports? Can you even have less structured days and still visit the ports without an excursion? I feel like there is so much i don't know!

We are going to be in Copenhagen for 2 nights before the cruise, and I'm trying to decide on activities. I've actually been to Copenhagen before (8 years ago when my husband was on a business trip), so I have some idea what I want to do. I definitely want to do a canal cruise and go to Tivoli garden, but trying to decide what else would be good (and not too boring for a 12 and 9 year old). I loved the Danish Design museum when I was there, but don't think my kids (or probably my husband) would get much out of it, so we'll probably skip it. Thinking maybe of taking the train to the viking museum, but don't know if I can cram all of that into 1 day.

Hi,

For the excursions we booked a private tour in St.Petersburg via Anastasia Travel, because of the visa requirements. It is a whole day tour for us. In Helsinki we only have 5 hours there so we got a city tour from Viator for 4hrs. I’m thinking of roaming around Stockholm and Talinn on our own.

We are also staying in Copenhagen for a few days prior to the cruise. I have not finalized our activities though.

Also, there is a facebook group for our cruise. You can find a lot of information there too. If you are planning on doing the fish extender, you can sign up there as well.

Disney Magic August 1, 2019-Northern Europe from Copenhagen

Hi,

For the excursions we booked a private tour in St.Petersburg via Anastasia Travel, because of the visa requirements. It is a whole day tour for us. In Helsinki we only have 5 hours there so we got a city tour from Viator for 4hrs. I’m thinking of roaming around Stockholm and Talinn on our own.

We are also staying in Copenhagen for a few days prior to the cruise. I have not finalized our activities though.

Also, there is a facebook group for our cruise. You can find a lot of information there too. If you are planning on doing the fish extender, you can sign up there as well.

We used Anastasia's Travel last time we were in St. Petersburg. Absolutely fantastic! Good choice. We will be using them again this time. I didn't know about the FB group. I'll have to go check it out. Thanks for the tidbit :)

Starting a thread for the August 1, 2019 Sailing of the Disney Magic from Copenhagen to St. Petersburg.

Anyone else on this cruise?

This will be the first cruise for our whole gang... me, DH, DD13 and DD9 as well as my mom and dad. We are very excited, but I feel like I know nothing about cruising and would love to some tips and tricks! (I am slowly working my way through various trip reports and Dis cruise threads).

We are on this cruise as well! First timers and I haven't booked anything. I will find the facebook page but has anyone ever used Shore Excursions, Inc.? They are recommended by Costco.

Hi,

We also used Anastasia Travel for St.Petersburg's 1-day tour and for the Berlin Jewish tour. Stockholm, Tallinn and Helsinki we explored on our on with a group of friends. The Baltic Cruise is one of my favourite. Would definitely go back if I get the chance.

We also used Anastasia Travel for St.Petersburg's 1-day tour and for the Berlin Jewish tour. Stockholm, Tallinn and Helsinki we explored on our on with a group of friends. The Baltic Cruise is one of my favourite. Would definitely go back if I get the chance.

We used Anastasia's Travel too! They were fantastic to work with. We had two days in St. Petersburg for our last cruise. It was amazing how much we got to see, and it's amazing how much we still need to see :)

Hi there! My wife and I are going on this cruise with another couple. I've been on several cruises but never a Disney cruise, and never been to any of these places so I'm super excited!

We're staying in Copenhagen a few days on the tail end, but nothing planned as of yet.

Thanks for the comments about Anastasia Travel, I'll check them out.

I'm new to this board:) We are on the cruise as well. It's our 5th Disney cruise, but 1st Euro. IT's my 13 year old son & my husband. I am currently looking at Anastasia Travel & TJ for four our SPG tour. TRIXD are you doing a private or a group. Can they guarantee a Hermitage stop since they will be closed? I know Disney confirms Hermitage.

Did you do a private or group with Anastasia?

I'm new to this board:) We are on the cruise as well. It's our 5th Disney cruise, but 1st Euro. IT's my 13 year old son & my husband. I am currently looking at Anastasia Travel & TJ for four our SPG tour. TRIXD are you doing a private or a group. Can they guarantee a Hermitage stop since they will be closed? I know Disney confirms Hermitage.

Hi!

We are doing Faberge instead of Hermitage (closed on Mondays). Booked with Anastasia for a private tour with one other family

Thank you TrixD & Cruise Traveler. My family really wants to see the Hermitage. I was hoping on a private with Anastasia that they could confirm because I would much prefer to do that that do a Disney excursion with 50 other peeps.

Thank you TrixD & Cruise Traveler. My family really wants to see the Hermitage. I was hoping on a private with Anastasia that they could confirm because I would much prefer to do that that do a Disney excursion with 50 other peeps.
You are welcome! Make sure you are in a small group, 6 or 8 maximum so you get the most out of it. You won't regret it with Anastasia's team. They exceeded our expectations. Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter