Disney Magic August 30th,2020 7 night Norwegian Fjords

brianap92

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow :)
Super excited for this cruise. This will be my 7th dcl cruise but 1st across the pond! Traveling with family we are from Buffalo,NY. Looking forward to setting up some fish extender group whose with me? :)

Hi,

My family and I just booked this cruise last week!! We booked this after suffering from the holiday blues, upon our return from the 9-night Alaskan cruise. This will be our 5th DCL cruise and first time setting off from Dover. We're interested in participating in the FE group :-)

We're from WA state. This will be our 2nd cruise. We booked after the West Bound Panama canal cruise in March. We're also interested in joining a fish extender group.

My DH and I will be on this cruise, our 12 or 13. This one is really his as he has always wanted to see the fjiords, I'll go anywhere on a cruise!

We don't do FEs because, well, that sounds like work and because I don't want to give up suitcase space 😋. But, we look forward to seeing everyone.

My DH and I will be on this cruise, our 12 or 13. This one is really his as he has always wanted to see the fjiords, I'll go anywhere on a cruise!

We don't do FEs because, well, that sounds like work and because I don't want to give up suitcase space 😋. But, we look forward to seeing everyone.

Same...I favorite a ton of cruises and show my husband and he picks one. Our first cruise he choose the West bound panama canal :teeth: so I'm fine with him picking everytime.

hi everyone! i would be more than happy to start an fe group :) i have organized fe's for the past 4 years and i love it! You may choose to do individual gifts or a cabin gift. If you wish to participate I ask that you pm me or post the following info

1.Cabin #

2.Names of individuals in your cabin + include ages of any kids if you'd like

3.Any celebrations you are having on board (birthdays,anniversaries,etc...)

4.Allergies or items prohibited ie...alcohol/candy/nuts etc.

5.Favorite character(1-2 for each member)

6.Any other pertinent information you'd like to share

Once I receive your info I will add it to a spreadsheet.In the past I've done groups of 11 so you are receiving from 10 other cabins. I will close sign ups Sunday July 12th and post groups after that. Once lists are posted i will ask everyone that signed up confirm they are still participating by Sunday July 19th and post final lists so everyone can begin working on their gifts :). Once its time to cruise i keep a notebook outside of our cabin(6067) with the fe lists in case anyone has any last minute cabin changes they need to update.If anyone has any questions feel free to pm me:)

Hi. This looks like an Amazing itinerary. We are thinking of booking this cruise. I can't find the excursion for Nordfjordeid. Are there excursions for this port?

Hi! I have just booked my very first cruise! Always wanted to see Norway, and I needed a break from flying (I'm from the UK). Any tips for a first timer much appreciated. Going to work my way through the thread now :)

I've never been on European itinerary but general advice would be NOT to go crazy planning. You can enter all the personal info in the website now. You can look at the excursions offered in ports and rank what you want to do (some are likely to fill up). When your booking window opens, hop on the website and choose them. Also decide if you want to book Palo for a brunch or a dinner if there is availability. There's also a spa where you can make appointments (quite pricey and there's usually availability after boarding). Other than that, just relax. There's nothing else you have to do.

Packing: As it gets closer, check the weather. Pack half what you think you need. The first night and last night dinners are a bit more casual (traveling clothes). There will be a formal night and a semi-formal night. Some folks go all out, others do nothing special. I usually pack one long dress and one other dress - sometimes just one dress with different jackets or shrugs. Other nights, nice slacks and nicer top are fine. Dining rooms can be chilly so plan for sweater or jacket. You will see everything from very casual to very dressy...just find your comfort zone. There is a gym and a walking/running track so if you work out bring those things. Don't know about swimming on this itinerary.

On sea days (and to a lesser extent on port days) there are many planned activities, shows, trivia, music, classes, etc. There is a daily schedule that will be available on the app or, you can pick up a paper copy the night before at guest services.

Have fun!

Hello Everyone!
My husband and I are taking our second DCL cruise and we are SO EXCITED for Norway! We are from San Diego, California. We are definitely interested in joining the FE group. We didn't do it on our first cruise (to Mexico) because we didn't know about them. 187 days to go!
:dogdance:

What is everyone doing about hotels and transfers to ship? We booked ours today through Disney and they were $$$$. I would have done it on my own and cobbled together hotels/ trains/buses/taxis but hubby is less adventuresome and wanted the comfort of the Mouse.

What is everyone doing about hotels and transfers to ship? We booked ours today through Disney and they were $$$$. I would have done it on my own and cobbled together hotels/ trains/buses/taxis but hubby is less adventuresome and wanted the comfort of the Mouse.

We are staying in London for a few days prior to the cruise so will be taking a coach from London Victoria on Saturday to spend a night to explore Dover. This is the second time doing DCL from Dover, and the last time we took the same coach and had a great experience. Cost just around $13 a person and we got a great drive through Kent.

Hi all, I hope everyone is staying safe out there. I know DCL extended its suspension by two weeks, now until mid April. I’m still hopeful that things will turn around for the better by summer, but has anyone changed their travel plans for this cruise? I’m not making any changes to ours until we are told that this cruise isn’t happening, but curious to see how everyone else is doing.

Holding tight. I have 18 day trip to Germany/Eastern Europe planned starting second week June (not Disney). That one has my attention now - waiting and watching. Have week at Boardwalk DVC in early August and then this cruise. We are in "the age group" (dismayed to learn a couple of weeks ago that I'm elderly 🙄).

I just think it is too early to know anything and I'm going to trust that Disney will continue to accommodate customers as best they can.

Holding tight. I have 18 day trip to Germany/Eastern Europe planned starting second week June (not Disney). That one has my attention now - waiting and watching. Have week at Boardwalk DVC in early August and then this cruise. We are in "the age group" (dismayed to learn a couple of weeks ago that I'm elderly 🙄).

I just think it is too early to know anything and I'm going to trust that Disney will continue to accommodate customers as best they can.
Well, June trip to Germany and points east is now cancelled (Passion Play in Oberramagau moved to 2022). Not sure I want to be in Northern Europe in late summer/early fall. Playing waiting game....will Disney cancel before I do?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!