Disney Magic Kingdoms

Mickey's Lunar Hong Kong Costume is available now - obtained via an 8 day tapper event where you need to gather honey dippers and honey combs to capture honey bees

You earn the costume as the last item on the progress Event Rewards list (you need 50 bees) not via the leader board (leader board is just for scrolls and top 50 slots get an attraction chest)

per the news info sheet, there will be extra dippers and honeycombs vai firecracker and wish granter events taking place during the larger honey bee event

The Mulan characters are back in the Legendary chests too. I always find this stupid. Mushu is a common drop in them but even then is only a 16% chance of getting him. I'd much rather them have them available for slightly over the cost of the chests...or even whatever they were originally during the event! They'd get "more" out of me if I could just go back to buying the characters rather than gambling on a chance at them in a chest because I won't ever do the Legendary Chests.

Mickey's Lunar Hong Kong Costume is available now - obtained via an 8 day tapper event where you need to gather honey dippers and honey combs to capture honey bees

You earn the costume as the last item on the progress Event Rewards list (you need 50 bees) not via the leader board (leader board is just for scrolls and top 50 slots get an attraction chest)

per the news info sheet, there will be extra dippers and honeycombs vai firecracker and wish granter events taking place during the larger honey bee event

Even though I don't care about the stupid costumes I guess it doesn't hurt to participate in the tapper potion of it? Doesn't make me happy though, because I was hoping to put off updating to the latest update just so my SW characters would stay on top, but you need the newest version to be able to participate in the tapper. :confused3

With the latest update, I noticed that Mike's happiness quest went from 3 minutes to 8 hours.
Shouldn't be. They announced that any happiness requests above an hour were being dropped. Probably juts a glitch in programming (wouldn't surprise me at all). I would just ignore any requests for him until they fix it.

Shouldn't be. They announced that any happiness requests above an hour were being dropped. Probably juts a glitch in programming (wouldn't surprise me at all). I would just ignore any requests for him until they fix it.
Comedy for an Event at 8 hours is also garnering honey for the honeybee event.

Anyone else have an issue with the bees having disappeared since the firecracker event began?
I was actually coming to find out if anyone knew the hours it takes for the bees to reappear after collecting them all. With the first fireworks reward we were able to collect all currently available bees so that’s why they’ve disappeared, but it’s been several hours now and I’d have expected them to have respawned by now. It seemed yesterday people had a lot more early on than would have been possible with how long it’s been since I collected them all now.

I hope that made sense

I have collected exactly 0 bees. I have glut of 18 of each of the honey items, maybe for the next time the bees appear there will be something worth playing for. I've been tapping the fireworks when I see them but I don't actively seek them out. I've also shelved almost all of my attractions and decorations in the park. Just pretty much anything that helps with chartacter tokens is left, plus enough around califronia screamin for the magic bubble that appears once a day. I suspect that I'll finally be done with Boo, Frozen 2 people, and the green frog from Tangled in another week.

I will say that the few enchantments I have done for coco and star wars is nice. The skeleton grandma is quietly racking up all the tokens to upgrade her without having to diver people to do the tasks for them. I think she'll have enough tokens to go from 7-10 soon. The only thing lacking are those silly posters. Same with Finn from starwars, his tokens keep dropping even if I'm not leveling. So I guess the take away is this: I'm not spending time on character tasks for tokens that I get through enchantments.

I have collected exactly 0 bees. I have glut of 18 of each of the honey items, maybe for the next time the bees appear there will be something worth playing for.

Good to know. I’m currently at 40 bees collected. Once I hit 50, for the costume, I’ll just collect items for the next event.

I will say that the few enchantments I have done for coco and star wars is nice. The skeleton grandma is quietly racking up all the tokens to upgrade her without having to diver people to do the tasks for them. I think she'll have enough tokens to go from 7-10 soon. The only thing lacking are those silly posters. Same with Finn from starwars, his tokens keep dropping even if I'm not leveling. So I guess the take away is this: I'm not spending time on character tasks for tokens that I get through enchantments.

I’m currently down to 3 Coco characters and will buy the remaining items I need to level 2 of them up in the next few days. And yes the posters are a pain to collect.
Abuelita - 8 (her sandal is the hardest Coco item to collect)
Mama Coco - 9 (need 12 ear hats)
Hector - 9 (need 9 Journals)

For Star Wars I’m keeping everyone ready for level 8 at level 7 so I can focus on collecting items for lower level SW characters.
BB-8 - 6 (ready for 7)
Poe - 7 (ready for 8)
Finn - 7 (ready for 8)
Rey - 5
FOST - 7 (ready for 8)
Kylo Ren - 6
Hux - 7 (ready for 8)
R2 - 6 (ready for 7)
3PO - 7 (ready for 8)

I’ve been spending elixir to buy items to speed up leveling and I‘m still over 100K. Gonna continue to do the same when I’m close to collecting all of an item from now on. Now I just need to figure how much elixir I want to always have. Right now I’m thinking 75K should be enough for any future building(s), so that gives me over 25K to strategically spend. 👍🏻

I have collected exactly 0 bees. I have glut of 18 of each of the honey items, maybe for the next time the bees appear there will be something worth playing for. I've been tapping the fireworks when I see them but I don't actively seek them out. I've also shelved almost all of my attractions and decorations in the park. Just pretty much anything that helps with chartacter tokens is left, plus enough around califronia screamin for the magic bubble that appears once a day. I suspect that I'll finally be done with Boo, Frozen 2 people, and the green frog from Tangled in another week.
Good that you can go that high for the honey items. Mine only allow me to collect 6 of each before they stop accumulating from tasks.

Good that you can go that high for the honey items. Mine only allow me to collect 6 of each before they stop accumulating from tasks.
So I had the 6 of each from a previous event. Then they gave them as rewards from the firecrackers. So those just stacked. With no desire for yet another costume, I skipped it. It would proabbly be too much to think they look at the analystics of the game, but if they see more and more people either not participating or failing certain events they might reconsider. Especially since the milestone events for the bees were hardly worth that effort on top of it. So at least my restraint was good on this one.

One more bee for the costume and I’m done with the task. My leaderboard is too crocked to care about. Even the 50 spot is double what I have.

Woke up to be able to collect my final bee. Done with this ridiculousness. So glad to have a costume I will most likely never use. Oh wait, that's nearly all of them.

One more bee for the costume and I’m done with the task. My leaderboard is too crocked to care about. Even the 50 spot is double what I have.

yeah, there seems to be a lot of people really competitive to get a bunch of stuff that is relatively meaningless

At least the new wish granter leaderboard gives out some gems for the top spots

Depending on what attractions someone is missing, those chests, while lottery tickets, do have a very high potential pay out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts