Disney Magic - out of New York with a day at Disney World

hswillia07

DIS Veteran
Hi all! I'm looking for any and all info about this cruise. I see that we'd be in port from 7am-11:59pm on Disney World day which is great. Do you book your bus time for the morning as a shore excursion when the rest of your shore excursion booking opens? How do fast passes work? Do you book 60 days out?

Any other info would be great. We've never sailed out of New York before, but we're thinking we might give it a go! Thanks!

We just got back from this November 3rd Cruise.

You book your bus transfers time like a shore excursion. You pick the park and your time frame for leaving the ship.

This year (unlike I heard from last years) the tickets are on your cruise stateroom card not a separate card. You get this card the day of your cruise so no early booking 60 days out. There are numbers and letters on the back bottom right you can enter into my Disney experience.

It states in the small print on the Disney Cruise app that they can’t be linked but I had no problem linking them and booking fastpasses. Did so the morning of our WDW day after talking with guest services who wasn’t sure about linking it but told us that these ticket were made just for our sailings. So I entered those numbers/letters on the back and You can see in the second photo they show up in my Disney experience as a DCL complimentary ticket. Just make sure any FP you book you only use during their times not early or late. If you do it will use up one of your 3 anytime FP they gift you with instead.

I did not try this but the tickets are only supposed to be good the day of your WDW day which was Nov 7th for us but as you can see it says good until Nov 11th but we were at Sea those other days. Also the tickets had to assigned to each person once entered into my Disney experience so I would assume if you decided not to attend WDW you could give this day pass to someone else to use within 5days of your WDW since it hasn’t be assigned to anyone until either scanned into the parks or assigned thru may Disney experience like we did.

If anyone has any questions I would be happy to try and answer them. I have the navigators for the trip and will try and send them onto Disney Cruise blog for posting.

32DDBB85-F98E-4CF4-BEDF-CE8A7DD95AB8.png 8729E3DB-26CF-4AAD-B65F-F34BC0BAA215.png

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing Ariel that's fantastic.

Does anyone know - does every NY based cruise target Port Canaveral / include a Day at Disney World?

Great info, thanks so much! So, the 3 fast passes that you get with your ticket are anytime fast passes? that's pretty great.

We just got back from this November 3rd Cruise.

You book your bus transfers time like a shore excursion. You pick the park and your time frame for leaving the ship.

This year (unlike I heard from last years) the tickets are on your cruise stateroom card not a separate card. You get this card the day of your cruise so no early booking 60 days out. There are numbers and letters on the back bottom right you can enter into my Disney experience.

It states in the small print on the Disney Cruise app that they can’t be linked but I had no problem linking them and booking fastpasses. Did so the morning of our WDW day after talking with guest services who wasn’t sure about linking it but told us that these ticket were made just for our sailings. So I entered those numbers/letters on the back and You can see in the second photo they show up in my Disney experience as a DCL complimentary ticket. Just make sure any FP you book you only use during their times not early or late. If you do it will use up one of your 3 anytime FP they gift you with instead.

I did not try this but the tickets are only supposed to be good the day of your WDW day which was Nov 7th for us but as you can see it says good until Nov 11th but we were at Sea those other days. Also the tickets had to assigned to each person once entered into my Disney experience so I would assume if you decided not to attend WDW you could give this day pass to someone else to use within 5days of your WDW since it hasn’t be assigned to anyone until either scanned into the parks or assigned thru may Disney experience like we did.

If anyone has any questions I would be happy to try and answer them. I have the navigators for the trip and will try and send them onto Disney Cruise blog for posting.

View attachment 364578 View attachment 364579

Did you have the option to do memory maker on DCL app?

Also did you get to book Mickey's NSSHP as an excusion?

Does anyone know - does every NY based cruise target Port Canaveral / include a Day at Disney World?

No. Only the cruises to the Bahamas stop at PC/WDW. DCL does a few cruises out of NYC for Canada, Bermuda and Caribbean itineraries as well.

Enjoy your cruise!

Assuming it's still available, you can do a one day photopass purchase from the Disney app (not the DCL app) for much cheaper than a Memory Maker, which spans multiple days. But no, it's not included in your ship photo package through Shutters.

If I remember correctly, the photopass option is available once you have a photo taken. Then you go to the app and look at it. I think (it's been 2 years, so bear with me) it will then ask if you want to purchase all your photos for the day.

The Halloween party had ended and was not going on the day we were in port.

The Christmas party also did not start until the day after we were in port.

You already got a good answer on the photos.

You could buy a separate ticket to MNSSHP, if one is offered on the day you dock in PC, but you would be paying for more time that you could use as the buses will return to ship before the end of the party.

The tickets include 3 anytime FP+ so no need to make advanced FP+ - just go straight to any FP+ attraction. This year there were no restrictions on where to use them. Depending on when Galaxy's Edge opens next year, there is a strong possibility that they may restrict the new attractions.

These special tickets are non-transferable. If you have other tickets loaded into your account, you may not want to link the DCL ticket to your account as it may conflict and you Guest Relations will need to prioritize them - you don't want to enter the park and blow away your 7 day ticket for your next vacation.. Of if you have an AP, you will enter the park and not have the special FP+

I sent the navigators on to Disney Cruise Blog. So hopefully they will be up soon. :goodvibes
Are you able to post the Navigators in this thread? They still aren't up on DCL Blog and would appreciate seeing them before our cruise leaves this Saturday. Thanks!

The tickets include 3 anytime FP+ so no need to make advanced FP+ - just go straight to any FP+ attraction. This year there were no restrictions on where to use them. Depending on when Galaxy's Edge opens next year, there is a strong possibility that they may restrict the new attractions.

These special tickets are non-transferable. If you have other tickets loaded into your account, you may not want to link the DCL ticket to your account as it may conflict and you Guest Relations will need to prioritize them - you don't want to enter the park and blow away your 7 day ticket for your next vacation.. Of if you have an AP, you will enter the park and not have the special FP+

Thank you so much!!

I suspect they make the ticket available for more than one day at the outset because it is possible that weather could cause the ship to be re-routed and docked at PC on a different day. But my guess is they would probably void the ticket for subsequent days if they did in fact dock on the correct day.

I suspect they make the ticket available for more than one day at the outset because it is possible that weather could cause the ship to be re-routed and docked at PC on a different day. But my guess is they would probably void the ticket for subsequent days if they did in fact dock on the correct day.

Your probably right. Didn’t think of that possibility and thought by Disney.

We were on the Nov 10th sailing this year and loved it so much. We did what ArielRae said and linked the ticket to our MDE account before we even left port and were able to book 3 additional fastpasses for the Magic Kingdom for the evening we were there and then used our 3 anytime FPs on Slinky Dog, Toy Story Mania, and 7 Dwarfs. We did all 4 parks and had an absolute blast. We loved it so much we booked the same itinerary for next year that goes over Halloween while still on board. The WDW day happens to be on Halloween. The Cast Member working the future cruise desk did make sure we knew that our 1-day park hopper would not include admission to MNSSHP. I'm sure they'll offer some sort of excursion package for the halloween party though. We love MNSSHP but we'll probably skip since we don't feel like paying extra for a ticket when we already have access to all the other parks included in the cruise fare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts