Disney Magic Russia with Mickey DCL 7/22 +Navigators Video & Photos

Hi there, I am working my way through the 31 pages but had a question, where did you buy or create all the fancy DCL illustrations & custom cruise stuff?

I am going on the Magic this August for the 1st time in the Med.

reading very good stuff so far.

Hi Disney Fantasy....since your trip reports and comments on the boards have really helped my planning for our upcoming Norway/Baltic cruise, I thought I would ask you for a few tips....I hope you don't mind.

We are flying into Gatwick from Copenhagen after our cruise (staying for three days), and I have been searching for transportation from Gatwick up to St. Pancras/Kings Cross. I have been looking into the "The trainline", and seems to be the easiest, but I am not sure. I just have to figure out where to go in Gatwick to find the train...my next online search.

Also, I realized that at the end of our stay in London we are flying out of London (Luton Airport) back to Copenhagen and then on to the United States after that. Our flight out of Luton is on Ryan Air and we leave at 8:35 a.m.....so I need to figure out transportation up to Luton. Any suggestions? I thought about hiring a private transfer....but not sure.

We have only flown into Heathrow in the past, so I am in new waters going into Gatwick / Luton.

I appreciate any suggestions. Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi Disney Fantasy....since your trip reports and comments on the boards have really helped my planning for our upcoming Norway/Baltic cruise, I thought I would ask you for a few tips....I hope you don't mind.

We are flying into Gatwick from Copenhagen after our cruise (staying for three days), and I have been searching for transportation from Gatwick up to St. Pancras/Kings Cross. I have been looking into the "The trainline", and seems to be the easiest, but I am not sure. I just have to figure out where to go in Gatwick to find the train...my next online search.

Also, I realized that at the end of our stay in London we are flying out of London (Luton Airport) back to Copenhagen and then on to the United States after that. Our flight out of Luton is on Ryan Air and we leave at 8:35 a.m.....so I need to figure out transportation up to Luton. Any suggestions? I thought about hiring a private transfer....but not sure.

We have only flown into Heathrow in the past, so I am in new waters going into Gatwick / Luton.

I appreciate any suggestions. Thank you in advance for your help.

It is very easy the Gatwick train station is part of the south terminal at Gatwick, easy to find. If coming into the north terminal there is a short transit train that goes between the two and terminates close to the train station. The trains are below the south Concorde at the east end of the terminal and well signposted. From the arrivals exit in the terminal it's less than a five minute walk.

Take care on what train you get. For St Pancrus it's a Thameslink train direct, - Luton, Bedford St Albans service. There are also Southern services to Victoria, you can get the tube to St Pancrus then, or Gatwick express again to Victoria.

A private transfer is an idea at that time in the morning, but Thameslink train from St Pancrus goes to Luton, every twenty minutes. Thameslink is fast and easy for you to get on, at Luton there is a bus transfer to the terminal, the train station is not as close as Gatwick. It's doable, but a taxi transfer is an alternative.

Gatwick is fine a big airport easy to navigate, train station easy, Luton, as said the train station is in the town so a bus transfer and is rather small.

Disney Fantasy, in Stockholm, do you think that a private car is necessary, or just a private guide?

Disney Fantasy, in Stockholm, do you think that a private car is necessary, or just a private guide?

With limited time there, I would recommend a car, we made great use of ours, the ship can dock in one of two places, in 2015 we docked in the city centre, but still a way to the major attractions, in 2010 out to the east of the city.

You can use the HOHO it's popular, and gets to the major places.

In the end it's where you want to visit. We packed in say five major attractions, so a car was valuable and required. If you wanted say to just do Vassa and Abba, that is on one island and possible.

We found traffic heavy, and as its on island, whilst some stuff seems close it can take a while to get around.

In summary it's personal choice, and how much you pack in, I was very pleased we had a private vehicle, we could drive up to the entrance of everything, and the driver then met us later, we packed in far more that way, if on public transport we would have had to drop something.

Disney Fantasy, I just want to take a minute from my awesome and beautiful day in St Petersburg to say thank you very much for recommend Anastasia Travel, they were more than I was expecting. Anastasia was at the port to meet everyone on their tours, they were not in time but early, so we started our tour before the time we were told. I speak spanish so we had Elena as our tour guide. There is no words to express how I enjoyed my tour and how Elena knows St Petersburg history. After the tour Anastasia meet us again and gave us a beautiful photos of us. Thank you so much!! Linet

Disney Fantasy, I just want to take a minute from my awesome and beautiful day in St Petersburg to say thank you very much for recommend Anastasia Travel, they were more than I was expecting. Anastasia was at the port to meet everyone on their tours, they were not in time but early, so we started our tour before the time we were told. I speak spanish so we had Elena as our tour guide. There is no words to express how I enjoyed my tour and how Elena knows St Petersburg history. After the tour Anastasia meet us again and gave us a beautiful photos of us. Thank you so much!! Linet

I am so pleased you had a fantastic time, and I thank you for giving me that feedback, it's greatly appreciated. I knew thry would look after you and everyone who was with them and knew it was far far far superior to any DCL tour.

To get this feedback is why I write trip reports, not page views or post count, but to help you and others.

Enjoy Helsinki tomorrow.

THANK YOU!

Disney Fantasy- Will you be writing another trip report for your next cruise? I enjoy them and all your information.

Alohagirl, we are off in days and cruising on Wednesday, unlike the last few years, there will not be a LIVE trip report, without going into too much reasons, - I have not been well recently, and I will " actually " rest on this cruise. It's fantastic feedback you and others have enjoyed them before, and I am sorry it isn't Live this year, but we will be taking photos and keeping information, this one we have six private tours and one DCL tour booked.

We have a very active cruise meets group, not here but someone else in cyber space and we have just been discussing this, many are taking photos and information, they are a fantastic group.

In fact most days we have more discussion there, then the main forum here, with 150 odd members.

It was nice to see I had helped Linetbo enjoy thier day in STB, it looked great, crew members on the Magic were posting photos today, thry were out and about enjoying the one stop there in 2016.

So, nothing LIVE here for the next few weeks, and dependent on my health improving.

Disney Fantasy- so sorry to hear that you have not been well. Hope you are able to rest on your cruise. Enjoy your cruise. Have enjoyed your reports and learned a lot. Will use Anastasia when we eventually do a Baltic cruise. Had to cancel ours last summer. Thanks!!!

Disney Fantasy- so sorry to hear that you have not been well. Hope you are able to rest on your cruise. Enjoy your cruise. Have enjoyed your reports and learned a lot. Will use Anastasia when we eventually do a Baltic cruise. Had to cancel ours last summer. Thanks!!!
Thank you, hope you get to cruise soon.

Hope you feel better and enjoy your cruise. I will wait for your trip report. I want to do private tour next year on our Norway cruise, after the first bad experience with DCL port adventure. Love Stockholm, we are here right now, but it was too crowded and didn't hear the tour guide, amd we didn't have any free time. I guess after Anastasia tour I want all private tour. Can you please write the tour company you use in every Norway port. Thank you so much you are always so kind helping other people.

Hope you feel better and enjoy your cruise. I will wait for your trip report. I want to do private tour next year on our Norway cruise, after the first bad experience with DCL port adventure. Love Stockholm, we are here right now, but it was too crowded and didn't hear the tour guide, amd we didn't have any free time. I guess after Anastasia tour I want all private tour. Can you please write the tour company you use in every Norway port. Thank you so much you are always so kind helping other people.
Thank you, enjoy Stockholm we had a great private tour there, yes by all reports DCL tours in Europe are on the slide, lots of negative reviews in recent Jewels of the North in Iceland.

My three Iceland tours will be with https://www.extremeiceland.is/en/cruise-ship-tours.

Bergen http://www.kleiberg.ru/ dropped Bergen travel and guide service pre cruise, poor responses.
Oslo, I will get Kirsti my guides agreement to post here.

Orkney, these sell out fast, http://www.orkneyaspects.co.uk/cruise-ship-tours/4571498294 and even car rental etc sold out.

Invergordon http://www.invernesstours.com/

Andrew, sorry to read you've not been well. :hug: Wishing you a speedy recovery and hope you enjoy your cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter