Disney merch and gift promo

jf256

Mouseketeer
As promised an update on 2022 bookings that included 2023 merch and gift code.

Received an email at around 430pm from disney. Day of check in. It cannot be applied to room. Must be used as a gift card style thing. There are no numbers on the card just a scannable barcode (not shown for obvious reasons) so i dont know how mobile order can be used... As we only have 5 days worth of credit table service or merch will probably be the easiest option - so something to consider. It can be added to a google /apple wallet.

Notably for people doing split stays it is valid until Jan 2024

TLDR
merch and dining credit sent day of checkin around 430pm
Sent to email check clutter
No numbers on card just scannable barcode
Can be added to google wallet
Valid after checkout day up to jan 2024

Last edited:
Yep, I've just come come back from a trip and have used this promo to great effect!

I've used it successfully with mobile order. When it comes to paying it allows you to choose "another payment method" and there you can enter the gift card number. With all my gift cards, including this promo card, I put the 16-digit number into a notes app on my phone or similar so I can just copy-and-paste the number. (You said there was no number on the card, the email?, but I must have found the number somehow, though I can't remember how. Perhaps when it's added to Wallet it allows you to view the number. I was also able to add the card to my profile on the Disney Gift Cards web site, so it would have needed the number for that too. I have since deleted the card from Wallet and also the original email so I can't check.)

It can't be used for buying Genie+ and Lightning Lanes, although you can still use a normal gift card for these. Although TBH I didn't actually try, I just took them at their word that it can only be used for food & merch and I didn't want to mess around in the heat of the moment trying to secure a LL! The odd thing too is that since it can be added to the Gift Cards web site, I did wonder if it was possible to transfer the money from that to a normal gift card, so "converting" it to a normal gift card. But again, was too scared to try in case it messed something up.

I found presenting the promo card hit-and-miss. The email allows you to save the card to Google Wallet so all I needed to do was access Wallet to bring up the barcode, but many retail locations, both food and shopping, were confused by the name of this gift card and said "we don't accept it", festival food booths at Epcot in particular. One lady (at the Art of Disney place in Magic Kingdom in the main street cinema) even had to fetch a supervisor to check. But in practice, after a bit of persuading, it was actually accepted everywhere I tried, in all parks, at the hotel, and Disney Springs. It seems it's a UK-exclusive promo and not everyone was familiar with it. They also have to select the right payment method on their till - they have choices like Gift Card, Dining Plan, Dining Gift Card...and if they choose the wrong one then it doesn't scan. I thought I had it worked out and eventually started prompting them with "Can I pay with this Dining Gift Card?" for food purchases and "Can I pay with this - it's just a normal gift card?" for shopping, but then one food outlet corrected me and said "Actually, it's just a gift card". So your mileage may vary!

Last edited:
We used it at be our guest successfully yesterday. I just checked and you are right you can see numbers when added to google wallet.

We are only at a wdw hotel for rhe first 5 days...(we worked out best way to get the most out of the dining credit and gift card was moderate for 5 days as any longer you dont get extra gift cards and deluxe the increase in dining credit was minimal) so we are only going to use it at table service until it runs out...which wont be long at all.

It worked out well for me because I was on my own and at a moderate for 11 nights, basically turned it into an all-inclusive holiday for me! On a price-per-person basis, obviously I always pay over the odds for a hotel room being on my own but in this case it effectively gave me a 28% discount on the room, so it brought the cost down to "more reasonable" levels. For a single person, this promo works better than a bundled dining plan. [Of course, the value of the credit is best if you use the credit in its entirety - the value falls if you have money left on the card at the end of the holiday]

Last edited:

It worked out well for me because I was on my own and at a moderate for 11 nights, basically turned it into an all-inclusive holiday for me! On a price-per-person basis, obviously I always pay over the odds for a hotel room being on my own but in this case it effectively gave me a 28% discount on the room, so it brought the cost down to "more reasonable" levels. For a single person, this promo works better than a bundled dining plan. [Of course, the value of the credit is best if you use the credit in its entirety - the value falls if you have money left on the card at the end of the holiday]
Yeah i think that it would make sense in that case. We used and bought points for swan and dolphin and hilton bonnet creek..so 10 days at those resorts only cost us about £1200 even with the resort fees at marriott. So it was not worth staying any longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter