Disney Movie Club. Is it legit?

I have been a member for years. We don't buy movies anymore so I just keep declining my featured offer. It's become a pain but I dread the phone call to try to cancel. Isn't that sad? I really have no patience for phone hassles. One time I forgot to decline and got a copy of Nightmare before Christmas which we have never watched. My credit card was charged so I just figured I wouldn't go to the hassle of sending it back. Now my credit card has expired and I haven't updated it. One time I received a movie that I swear I didn't get a notice for, either in the mail or by email. I sent it back at my expense with a note saying I had no chance to decline it. I had to pay the shipping but they removed the charge for the movie and the shipping to my house from my account.

One of the reasons I kept it after it became obsolete for us was because I had heard you get pin codes for discount trips by belonging to these types of things. I used to get codes all the time. I haven't in a long time so I don't know if this is true or not. I also used to price vacations a lot so that probably had something to do with it as well.

Strange. I've been a member (joining and re-joining) for 2+ years and have never had the FT sent to me when I declined.

How are you declining? Via mail? Email? Website? I typically decline via the DMC website and always receive an email confirming I declined.

I declined both times using the website. And both times the website confirmed I had declined.

I don't think I ever got confirmation emails though.

I have been a DMC member for several years. A long time ago I decided to switch from having my credit card on file to paying by check. This has prevented them from charging me for a movie that I don't want. I also make sure that I get the email confirmation for any movie that I decline. As a VIP member, I have collected many limited edition pins and lithographs for free. I have also been able to replace many of my "old" dvds with bluerays for 60% off--great deal!! So yes--it is legit and a good deal--if you do it right.

I join, fulfill then cancel once every year or so. I typically have not remained a VIP member so can't really speak to that aspect. I then use the rejoin offer they email me to join again later as its better than the standard or movie rewards one. The downside is that I don't really buy many Disney movies in the intervening months while I wait for the new release quantity to build up to an amount I can select as part of my introductory offer (in addition to any titles like the signature line that I'd like to upgrade to from DVD). This past year, I only store-bought Rogue One since I wanted the 3D version and you don't get those as options when joining.
I got 5 blurays for $1 and opted to take the 6th for 11.95 towards my purchase commitment all with free shipping. My commitment was 3 at regular price + shipping over the next 2 years but since I took the bonus I only have 2 more to buy. I usually wait until I want one of their new monthly featured releases so I'll get the bonus lithograph while paying regular price anyway and decline the other feature titles. So I'll end up personally getting 8 blurays (plus the digital copies they come with) for about $80 or $10/title (it can be done cheaper per title depending on the fulfillment title and maybe buying multiple at once to combine shipping but the is just my personal breakdown).
My specific haul this time was Finding Dory, Inside Out, Pete's Dragon(2016), Jungle Book(2016) and Bambi Signature series for $1. Then I added Moana for $11.95 shipped. So I have 2 more to buy within 2 years (probably this months features PotC:DMTNT bluray and another undecided.

I just canceled my VIP membership. The hassle of declining over and sometimes not going through and being charged for movies I didn't want or declined (no confirmation email).
I never got any special "codes" for anything. Shipping cost and return shipping is just too much as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter