Disney + on resort tv?

No idea how they do it, but on the Disney cruise ships, they have basically the entire movie collection for free on demand. With the limited internet on board, I don't think it's streamed. But I've always been surprised that they don't have that same system available at the resorts.

Hotels have been gradually adding "streaming channels" to their normal tv options, hulu, netflix, etc.

But you have to log in with your own ID - the hotel doesn't provide access. I've also stayed in hotels (just a couple of weeks ago in fact) where you can broadcast from an iPad or other device to your TV but you still have to have your own ID. I could see them adding the app but you'd still have to have your own account.

I think it will happen eventually. I don't think their internet infrastructure is strong enough to do it resort wide just yet. Most likely, they'll start with the DVC Resorts (to get rid of the DVD rentals) and go from there.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Not the DVD rentals!

We bring our firestick when we vacation anywhere, its just easier.
We are really like the Mandalorian and the world according to Jeff Goldblum im so glad its Friday and there is a new one.

We are really like the Mandalorian and the world according to Jeff Goldblum im so glad its Friday and there is a new one.

I've heard some hotels disable their TV's HDMI ports, or at least the ability to change input. Have you experienced this at all?

ohh- that's a great idea. That's what i'm currently using for streaming on my TV. I was also thinking about bringing a HDMI cable to just hook up my computer which I'll already be bringing with me.

Someone posted a picture on Facebook - resort tvs rebooted today and now it looks as if Disney + will be an option, probably if you have an account you can log in? Wasn't completely ready yet.

Don't get too excited, it's probably just some sort of preview to make you want to buy when you get home. ;)

I've heard some hotels disable their TV's HDMI ports, or at least the ability to change input. Have you experienced this at all?
Yes that has happened but not at Disney.. at the embassy suites in another city (Dallas) they had them disabled we were bumbed but it didnt take up to much room in the suitcase. We also brought the nintendo switch the kids get so bored in the room and i need things for them to do that dont take up much room or have a lot of parts. Sometimes we just need rest lol

We are at the Beach Club and there is an option to mirror your phone to the TV but it’s a Samsung TV and I have an iPhone and can’t get it to work (even with the Mirror To Samsung TV App). If you have a different phone (and the Disney + app) (and a subscription) then maybe you could do it that way?

We are at the Beach Club and there is an option to mirror your phone to the TV but it’s a Samsung TV and I have an iPhone and can’t get it to work (even with the Mirror To Samsung TV App). If you have a different phone (and the Disney + app) (and a subscription) then maybe you could do it that way?

We’ve been able to do this at home. But both the Apple device and the Samsung TV have to be on the same network and it doesn’t work with all Samsung models. I would guess perhaps the TV is the issue. I’m thinking we will bring a Roku stick with us on our trip in January and not trust the mirror process to work at WDW. Disney+ is terrific; we are really enjoying it. ☺

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter