Disney Outlet Store Warning

Sorry to have a late response. Pretty much ANY Walmart near the parks has a huge section of stuff. Target does, too, just not as much.

yes, the WalMart just south of the World had some beautiful shirts. Lots of pins, plushes, keychains... LOTS of stuff. My daughter still bought her plush at the park because the ones at WalMart weren't soft. 🙄 Her money, not mine.

I just have to vent!!! I went to the store this morning and was shocked to see a hundred or more people lined up to get in. I waited in line an hour to see what the fuss was about. A clerk said there were $90 backpacks for $30 that sell out fast.
I found nothing that appealed to me enough to stand in line again to check out! (30 to 40 minute wait) I left empty handed.
I

We have been going to the Vineland outlet during our vacations for years. I have gotten some great deals on Vera Bradley bags, Princess items for DD, Christmas decorations, and Tsum Tsums, among other things, and I even got a cute Orange Bird dress. Last year I was excited to take my extended family there during our trip. Unfortunately, we had the same experience with the long line that is reported here.

Previously the store had been pretty empty whenever we were there, but this day the line to pay wrapped all the way through the back of the store. DH looked around for a few minutes, then decided to go stand in line while the rest of us shopped so we could get out of the store sooner. The line to pay probably took about 45 minutes. The store was extremely crowded and hard to shop in. Thankfully we didn’t have to wait in line to get into the store itself. We would not have done that anyway. DH asked a CM why it was so crowded, and she said it was because it was morning and people come in early to get the purses before they sell out.

I was extremely disappointed because we had limited time at the outlet, and the Disney store took up almost all our time. Also, I had talked up the store with my family, but there were not many things we were interested in buying. We got a few things, but not like our previous trips. The selection just didn’t seem good, and honestly, we had noticed it going down for a few visits. I also noticed people buying huge amounts of the same item, I’m assuming to sell online. (One woman bought an entire display of dolls-around 50 dolls. She had a CM helping her get them down. I think they were $10 but had been $30 in the Parks.)

So, after all of this, my family has no desire to ever go back to this store. It’s a shame because it was a great store, but I think social media and resellers have ruined it.

I knew these photos would come in handy (a lot of people you cannot see and I didn't capture the complete line in the first photo). We came 15 minutes before opening the first weekend this month and seen this. I took pictures as I was shocked as I never seen anything like this before and we left.

Last time I was here was a few months ago. I went during the day. There was no line on the outside, but it was beyond packed. Line to check out was all the way to the back and went through other rows of merch making it impossible to shop. Spent more time getting out than shopping once I realized the mess I got into. A huge safety issue in my opinion. If a space wasn’t occupied by a person it was merch. Insane.

When we left this time (the photos above) we discussed how shocked we were and wondered how long people had been waiting as they didn't even open doors yet. They need to definitely open another store there (if possible), or something, because this is insane and unsafe once you're inside. It's not that big of a store.

Wow...seeing those lines makes me now want to even attempt to visit the Character Warehouse stores for this up and coming December trip. We were there this past May and visited both stores in the morning before lunch and didn't encounter anything like that. I wonder why the stores are seeing that kind of craziness? Maybe from the "personal shoppers" who like to hoard most of the good merchandise only to sell it on the black market and make a few bucks and the YouTubers who get tons of views from their videos showing what's available in the stores every week. Regardless seeing all those people makes it not worth it for me anyways. We managed to get quite a bit of good merchandise there this past pay like t-shirts for $10, socks for $4, a spirit jersey for $25, and a few Alex and Ani bracelets for $12 but I rather just use my 20% AP discount in the parks or at World of Disney.

Last edited:

I haven't been to Character Warehouse since the outlet was still called Belz (so a very long time ago). It was always my LEAST favorite part of our family trips to Disney World. I hated that my parents and grandparents made us waste valuable vacation time going to an outlet mall.

I would never subject my kids to any of this simply to buy souvenirs. I'd rather pay full price for stuff in the parks and Disney Springs than deal with waiting on a line just to get into a store.

I can confirm that the outlet at International also has the outdoor queue set up, but when we were there (around 1pm on a Sunday), it was empty. The store was a madhouse, though.

The recent long outdoor queues are in part due to the influx of Ebay Resellers and people posting stock on social media and in part due to crowd flow/fire hazards....
Back in September went to IDrive on a Saturday afternoon was maybe queued up outside for 10 minutes but on the flip side the line to checkout was maybe only 10 people deep as opposed to being able to walk right in with a check out line wrapped around the entire shop.
That said came out empty handed as they had next to nothing that interested me

Ill stick to going to our Character WH in Sawgrass mall in Surise FL closer to my house! I never find too much in Orlando to deal with the crowds!

We have never seen lines like this and usually go at opening. There was always less than 10 people waiting and they didnt form a line, just hung around! x

The recent long outdoor queues are in part due to the influx of Ebay Resellers and people posting stock on social media....

It kind of surprises me this is allowed. I watch a YouTuber sometimes who is always hawking merch on their site. They will go to a shop in the park and show a shirt or something and say “it’s $40 here but you can go to my online store and get it for $30”. Personally I don’t care but you would think Disney would frown on it.

It kind of surprises me this is allowed. I watch a YouTuber sometimes who is always hawking merch on their site. They will go to a shop in the park and show a shirt or something and say “it’s $40 here but you can go to my online store and get it for $30”. Personally I don’t care but you would think Disney would frown on it.

Disney does more than frown upon it, they've taken action in Disneyland by revoking AP's for people identified as resellers:
https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...-personal-shoppers-and-merchandise-resellers/

Do AP holders get a discount in the outlet stores as well? Because that would also violate Disney's AP terms, just like the people in the article who buy in the parks with the AP discount and then resell.

The orlando outlets no the one in Tampa (which is a Disney Store factory outlet not a parks store) I think does a discount with the Disney Visa if you spend a certain amount but don’t quote me

Ill stick to going to our Character WH in Sawgrass mall in Surise FL closer to my house! I never find too much in Orlando to deal with the crowds!

That's the one my mom goes to as well. They're in Plantation, so it's super close for them too.

This explains why the quality and quantity of merchandise has gone downhill recently. We usually buy a bagful but went twice this summer and bought nothing

I just don't get it. I have been there several times, and it's typically so crowded you can barely move around, and the checkout line is always to the back wall or worse.

I have never. Repeat. Never. Found anything I had to have. It's mostly crap that didn't sell in the parks. It's pins no one wants, it's tons of gay pride stuff, it's toys with odd features. It's movie or park opening related stuff that isn't really well-designed. etc.

Sometimes they have princess dresses, or something my kids want, but nothing I'd wait in line for. My wife is willing, and has done it a couple times. I typically bail, and go buy the kids' shoes and make it back in time to meet my wife leaving the store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!