Disney PhotoPass

As far as I was aware, Photopass hasn't been available on my previous trips - I certainly never saw any Photopass photographers. I'll definitely be looking into it for my next trip though!

I'd love for them to implement it at all the parks! It's such a great way to get some nice family photos :goodvibes

I am at Hong Kong Disneyland right now, and I am bummed to report that what we know as PhotoPass elsewhere (Disneyland, Aulani, WDW) is not what PhotoPass is at Hong Kong Disneyland. The photographers do not have a reusable card you can use. Instead you get the old multiple paper slips you have to keep track of throughout the day. Then you have to go on the same day to the camera store in Main Street and order the photos then there or they will disappear. If you have a multi-day vacation in Hong Kong Disneyland, you have to do the same thing each day and pay for multiple days separately (each day is 398 HK$ so that adds up!). The only thing that resembles "PhotoPass" is the card that they give you in the camera shop at the end of this process if you order digital downloads. You use the code on that card much like you use the code on regular PhotoPasses to then download your pictures from the Disney PhotoPass site. I wonder why Hong Kong Disneyland decided to roll out such inferior product and not simply implement the regular PhotoPass!

thanks for update...thats a little bit disappointing :( we are planing on staying few days so would have to pay each time as I cannot see us having a photo day for one day plus we might meet other characters and with a 4 year old then, how many photos he can do in a day:blush:
maybe they will change it? and also hope it not the same system that is going to be introduce this summer @ DLP

I am at Hong Kong Disneyland right now, and I am bummed to report that what we know as PhotoPass elsewhere (Disneyland, Aulani, WDW) is not what PhotoPass is at Hong Kong Disneyland. The photographers do not have a reusable card you can use. Instead you get the old multiple paper slips you have to keep track of throughout the day. Then you have to go on the same day to the camera store in Main Street and order the photos then there or they will disappear. If you have a multi-day vacation in Hong Kong Disneyland, you have to do the same thing each day and pay for multiple days separately (each day is 398 HK$ so that adds up!). The only thing that resembles "PhotoPass" is the card that they give you in the camera shop at the end of this process if you order digital downloads. You use the code on that card much like you use the code on regular PhotoPasses to then download your pictures from the Disney PhotoPass site. I wonder why Hong Kong Disneyland decided to roll out such inferior product and not simply implement the regular PhotoPass!

Thanks for the update, it helps to clear up a few things :thumbsup2

Just returned from Hong Kong Disneyland. After spending more time in the parks (on 3 different days), I have a little more information on PhotoPass than my first report.

I looked back at the brochures they are handing out in the Disneyland Hotel and at the park and they really don't accurately describe the current product. They say "Get your 'Disney Photopass' Card from any Photographer. Save the photos, view, and purchase them at photo sales locations."

As I mentioned in my last report, the photographers aren't using the scannable cards and are instead handing out paper slips. You only get the card when you buy all your photos at the end of the day from the photo sales locations. But perhaps the fact that they are advertising this way means the HKDL intends to move to the system we know and love where the photogs can add photos to your card with the scan of a barcode. That would certainly be easier!

We did purchase Photopass on our longest day in the park, at 398 HKD. We just made sure to see as many characters as we could that day, and stop for photos when we saw the photographers. Problem was -- there aren't enough photographers in the park! You can reliably find them in front of the castle, and at all the meet and greet locations in Fantasy Gardens. We also saw them in front of Mystic Manor, and at one of the two princess meet and greet locations to the right and front of the castle. But disappointingly, there were no photographers in front of the Disneyland Railroad Station when you enter the park where everyone wants to get a photo. And we didn't see them at the Chip & Dale meet and greet in Grizzly Gulch. And I didn't see them roaming anywhere else either.

Overall, I felt I got my money's worth (got between 40-50 photos in 4 different locations), but the system needs some improvement for sure!

One more piece of information for those who want all the details, like me! In addition to the photo store on Main Street, you can also view and purchase photos in a few other locations in the park, which helps with crowding and lines. I saw photo desks in the Mystic Manor gift shop and outside of Fantasy Gardens (walkway between Pooh and the Tea Cups).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter