Disney Redemption Reward Balance update/charges?

Hi!

I used my Disney Rewards Redemption card to make a purchase 2 days ago, but I went to check the balance today and the balance has not changed. Does anyone know how long it takes for transactions to post? I don't see any pending transactions or anything anywhere on the website.

Wasn't sure where the best place to ask this would be. Feel free to move if needed.

The redemption points don't post until your current statement closes.
Example my statement has a start date of the 19th each month and an end date of the 18th each month so on the 19th of each month I can see the updated points.

As for charges it usually shows as pending until what ever it is you charged is processed.
Example if I buy a shirt from Walmart and it doesn't ship for 3 days then it will take 3 days for it to show up as a purchase.

The redemption points don't post until your current statement closes.
Example my statement has a start date of the 19th each month and an end date of the 18th each month so on the 19th of each month I can see the updated points.

As for charges it usually shows as pending until what ever it is you charged is processed.
Example if I buy a shirt from Walmart and it doesn't ship for 3 days then it will take 3 days for it to show up as a purchase.
I don't mean the reward dollars on the credit card that I transfer to the Redemption card, but the actual dollar amount/reward points on the Redemption card itself. :) Sorry for not being clear!

I used the reward points on the redemption card to make a purchase at Disney World 2 days ago but my reward balance on the redemption card has stayed the same.

I don't mean the reward dollars on the credit card that I transfer to the Redemption card, but the actual dollar amount on the Redemption card itself. :) Sorry for not being clear!

I used the reward points on the redemption card to make a purchase at Disney World 2 days ago but my reward balance on the redemption card has stayed the same.

Once you complete the transaction of putting the rewards dollars onto the redemption card you should see that the balance is on the redemption card.

Once you complete the transaction of putting the rewards dollars onto the redemption card you should see that the balance is on the redemption card.
I had 222.75 points on the redemption card. I used the redemption card to make purchases 2 days ago for over $100. My current balance on the redemption card is 222.75. Trying to figure out when my current balance on the redemption card will change due to the purchase I made. Thought it would already, or show a pending purchase or something!

I had 222.75 points on the redemption card. I used the redemption card to make purchases 2 days ago for over $100. My current balance on the redemption card is 222.75. Trying to figure out when my current balance on the redemption card will change due to the purchase I made. Thought it would already, or show a pending purchase or something!

Haha OK that makes it a lot more clear. So I'd refer back to my first post that it will likely not take it off until whatever you paid for processes. AKA you bought something from the ShopDisney website and it has not shipped yet then its likely not going to have taken the rewards dollars off yet. When it ships then check again.

Haha OK that makes it a lot more clear. So I'd refer back to my first post that it will likely not take it off until whatever you paid for processes. AKA you bouth something from the ShopDisney website and it has not shipped yet then its likely not going to have taken the rewards dollars off yet. When it ships then check again.
I used it in the park though 2 days ago lol! No shipping. So confused. Could still be processing but thought it would say that somewhere...

Since I seem to be in the presence of Disney card holders with more experience than I....how far in advance would I want to order my redemption card for a December 2019 Disney trip?

Since I seem to be in the presence of Disney card holders with more experience than I....how far in advance would I want to order my redemption card for a December 2019 Disney trip?

I believe Chase used to say at least 6 weeks, not sure if that's changed because I've had the same card for years now and just keep reloading it.

ETA: I just checked and it now says a new card would be delivered in 5-7 business days, with no delivery on weekends or holidays. You can pay a $10 fee to have it rushed in 2-4 days. Personally I would still give it 2-3 weeks just to make sure it arrives in time.

Takes 5 to 7 days to receive it in the mail.
Just remember that the first transfer has to be at least $20 and future transfers have to be at least $10.
The redemption card will not expire (they used to) so keep it to reload but if you happen to accidentally toss it you can order another with the next at least $20 transfer again.

Oooh, would I be able to then just order it basically any time now and then have them add what I have accrued since I ordered the redemption card 6 weeks before we go?

Hi!

I used my Disney Rewards Redemption card to make a purchase 2 days ago, but I went to check the balance today and the balance has not changed. Does anyone know how long it takes for transactions to post? I don't see any pending transactions or anything anywhere on the website.

Wasn't sure where the best place to ask this would be. Feel free to move if needed.

That's strange. My experience is that the rewards card acts more like a gift card than a credit card. The purchase amount was deducted right away from the card balance. The receipt will show your balance when you use it for a purchase. I've used my card multiple times a day during a wdw trip. For example, used it to pay for breakfast, then to buy something at a shop, then buy a Mickey bar. The purchases came off the remaining balance immediately.

Maybe for some reason the purchase did not process properly. Are you still at the park? Guest relations at the parks are listed as places you can get a redemption card. Maybe they can help you.

You can also get a card at disney world.

https://disneyrewards.com/how-to-redeem/

You can transfer the rewards dollars online once you have a card. So you can order the card now and continue adding reward dollars until your trip. Reward dollars post to your account when you get a new bill.

Oooh, would I be able to then just order it basically any time now and then have them add what I have accrued since I ordered the redemption card 6 weeks before we go?
Reward dollar transfers are immediate if you already have a card. You don't have to do the transfer 6 weeks before you go.

You can order it anytime but since there can be delays in shipping I would order the card in early November to be safe. I always request mine with the minimum amount to start ($10 I think). You can add other earned points to it anytime online and I usually do this the day before my trip.

Reward dollar transfers are immediate if you already have a card. You don't have to do the transfer 6 weeks before you go.

I'm so glad I asked, I'm going to order it now (plenty on there!) and I will just transfer anything new right before. Thank you all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter