Disney Redemption Reward Balance update/charges?

I'm so glad I asked, I'm going to order it now (plenty on there!) and I will just transfer anything new right before. Thank you all!
I would order it with just $20 on it (just in case it gets lost in the mail) and then I would wait until the last minute to transfer the balance to it.

That's strange. My experience is that the rewards card acts more like a gift card than a credit card. The purchase amount was deducted right away from the card balance. The receipt will show your balance when you use it for a purchase. I've used my card multiple times a day during a wdw trip. For example, used it to pay for breakfast, then to buy something at a shop, then buy a Mickey bar. The purchases came off the remaining balance immediately.

Maybe for some reason the purchase did not process properly. Are you still at the park? Guest relations at the parks are listed as places you can get a redemption card. Maybe they can help you.

We just used ours a couple weeks ago...seems to take it off instantly in the parks when you look at the receipt.

I thought so, thank you! This was my first time using it. I am back home now; I'll keep checking. So far my balance is the same. I'll also keep looking for the receipt! But I don't think it showed a remaining balance on it.

To get back to the OP:

Hi!

I used my Disney Rewards Redemption card to make a purchase 2 days ago, but I went to check the balance today and the balance has not changed. Does anyone know how long it takes for transactions to post? I don't see any pending transactions or anything anywhere on the website.
Wasn't sure where the best place to ask this would be. Feel free to move if needed.

As others have posted, your rewards card acts like a gift card. I have used it many times over the years. The amount is deducted immediately. The receipt always shows the amount remaining on the gift card. Did you get a receipt for your purchase? Check near the bottom of that & see if there is a balance listed.

I thought so, thank you! This was my first time using it. I am back home now; I'll keep checking. So far my balance is the same. I'll also keep looking for the receipt! But I don't think it showed a remaining balance on it.

Looks like you were updating as I was typing! If it has been 3 days & your purchase was not deducted yet, I think you got a bit of pixie dust. Where did you use it? A store, restaurant or cart? Is there any chance it got charged to your room or other credit card?

Looks like you were updating as I was typing! If it has been 3 days & your purchase was not deducted yet, I think you got a bit of pixie dust. Where did you use it? A store, restaurant or cart? Is there any chance it got charged to your room or other credit card?
Actually I used it at guest services to add a day to our Discover Disney Fl res tickets! I didn't provide my CC but it was on file for the resort... but my phone gives me text alerts whenever a charge is made immediately even before processing and nothing there either. The additional day on the tickets shows up in MDE too! I'm baffled!?

Actually I used it at guest services to add a day to our Discover Disney Fl res tickets! I didn't provide my CC but it was on file for the resort... but my phone gives me text alerts whenever a charge is made immediately even before processing and nothing there either. The additional day on the tickets shows up in MDE too! I'm baffled!?
Seems like the CM or the computer or whatever didn't process the charge properly. Or maybe the CM on purpose didn't charge the card to gift a little pixie dust? pixiedust:

Maybe a system glitch...curious as to what will happen...keep us posted.

Everything is the same! No charges to credit card, reward redemption card balance is still 222.75! Wow! I hope it was pixie dust, and not a glitch, or at least nothing that would get someone in trouble!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter