Disney Resorts Reopening

but from what the CM told me on the phone today (who couldn't help much since all the systems are down), unless you change your reservation, it will automatically cancel on your expected day of arrival if the resort isn't open; they are not automatically moving individuals.

My Disney travel agent told me that Disney will move guests to a resort of equal value if the one originally booked isn’t open... 🤷‍♀️

I think they could leave AKL-J closed as it could just considered and extension of AKL-K. Our contract is not for AKL but I don’t think they designate. I hope I’m wrong as really want Jiko to be open.

edit. Just saw the above, never happier to be wrong!:-)
So this is also our concern. We are staying at Polynesian villas (dvc reservation) is this considered a dvc resort even though most of the resort is a hotel? We are arriving 7/11 and it just hit me that it may not be open

I think they could leave AKL-J closed as it could just considered and extension of AKL-K. Our contract is not for AKL but I don’t think they designate. I hope I’m wrong as really want Jiko to be open.

edit. Just saw the above, never happier to be wrong!:-)

FWIW, when I was mooching around the UK bookings site yesterday (before they stripped everything off for 2020), I could make a booking for Kidani, but NOT for Jambo. Which concerns me, because I'm booked for Jambo.. And Kidani just lacks that wow factor (to me, YMMV).

I hope if we get moved my sister whose reservation starts 2 days after mine would go to the same place as us, we are linked in MDE. It is their first trip. I should have just kept our campground cabin reservation, but I changed to all star movies to save money! Uggh.

I hope if we get moved my sister whose reservation starts 2 days after mine would go to the same place as us, we are linked in MDE. It is their first trip. I should have just kept our campground cabin reservation, but I changed to all star movies to save money! Uggh.

Let me start by saying I know nothing and am purely speculating, but I would assume at least one of the All Stars will be open. And if I had to guess, I would bet Movies would be one of them since it’s the most popular choice. Maybe I’m just being optimistic since that’s where I’m booked for my trip that’s currently in limbo. Lol

Being that the rooms are renovated I hope so. But pop and Aoa would be a choice with skyliner to be used for transportation. Who knows!

I'm wondering at the wording. It says dvc resorts open to member and GUESTS. Could that be construed as everyone with reservations will be moved to a dvc resort?

Good point. I was thinking guests meant those booked on rented dvc points thru the member. As in a guest of the member who rented points.
True, we've rented points before so I can see that... not gonna lie it would be pretty sweet to be moved to a dvc resort tho...hope we find something out soon about our late Aug trip..

I'm wondering at the wording. It says dvc resorts open to member and GUESTS. Could that be construed as everyone with reservations will be moved to a dvc resort?

I had that thought too. We know that DVC will definitely be open and I think Disney is trying to get numbers down by getting guests to self-cancel, so they don't have to do it and receive the bad PR. I wonder if one of the next blows will be that guests will be upgraded to DVC properties, but will receive the less frequent mousekeeping that DVC owners get. I am related to people that require turndown service and would cancel a vacation because of it--it's another way to reduce capacity.

Also, when I went into MDE on Wednesday night/Thursday morning, it would let me modify my trip and the only options open were AOA/Pop, DVC, and Contemporary. I think they need CR to stay open because of the services in the building for the BLT guests. AOA/Pop would be an upgrade for the All-Stars folks and it has Skyliner.

Me too!!!

Sometimes being cheap pays off. I’ve got an All-Star booking, so there’s no place to go but up. Of course, I am perfectly happy staying at the resort I booked, so an upgrade would just be a bonus.

We also have base tickets. At one point I was feeling like I should have spent the extra money for hoppers to increase my chances of scoring a ROTR boarding group. Now with the park reservation system, I’m not sure hopping will be allowed. If it is, I don’t know if it will be flexible enough to go somewhere else and return for the BG.

Sometimes being cheap pays off. I’ve got an All-Star booking, so there’s no place to go but up. Of course, I am perfectly happy staying at the resort I booked, so an upgrade would just be a bonus.

We also have base tickets. At one point I was feeling like I should have spent the extra money for hoppers to increase my chances of scoring a ROTR boarding group. Now with the park reservation system, I’m not sure hopping will be allowed. If it is, I don’t know if it will be flexible enough to go somewhere else and return for the BG.
I’m supposed to stay at the gran destino tower at Coronado if they move me to the contemporary I would not complain one bit.

Now with the park reservation system, I’m not sure hopping will be allowed. If it is, I don’t know if it will be flexible enough to go somewhere else and return for the BG.

That’s what I’m wondering too. This was the first trip we ever splurged on park hoppers and the dining plan... Now look!🤦‍♀️ If I had to guess, park hopping won’t be a thing with the park reservation system. I just hope we get answers soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter