Disney Riviera Resort

You mean the green roof?

First time I ever heard of that being blue...lol

Yes I guess that's green, unlike the grass and trees.

An awful lot of room if it's only as big as BLT anyway. Probably 5 to 6 BLT buildings would fit there.

Last edited:
Yes I guess that's green, unlike the grass and trees.

An awful lot of room if it's only as big as BLT anyway. Probably 5 to 6 BLT buildings would fit there.

Bay lake was just a reasonable guess...who know what the actual size will be?

Bay lake was just a reasonable guess...who know what the actual size will be?

Heck no, just that it can fit 5 BLT's (with pools) or 5 CR Towers (without pools) would fit as well. But still need parking etc.

edit sorry LOL I thought you asked "you know what the actual size will be?"

For fun, I tried to look at the space that they cleared for CBR Villas DRR, and compare it to other DVC's. Beach club, not including YC, but including Stormalong and parking, would be about double the size of the space provided here. So it would have to be half the size of beach club and stormalong. WL would be a tight fit, but it would work. If they did something like that, and the only thing it shared with CBR was the view of the lagoon, they could pull it off.

View attachment 255738
Which I sincerely think is a possibility. I'm telling you, they got it right with the new Copper Creek area. Just watch

Which I sincerely think is a possibility. I'm telling you, they got it right with the new Copper Creek area. Just watch

I gotta ask again...other that the rooms and the restaurant...what changed at wilderness lodge?

...yes, their is a point to that question

For fun, I tried to look at the space that they cleared for CBR Villas DRR, and compare it to other DVC's. Beach club, not including YC, but including Stormalong and parking, would be about double the size of the space provided here. So it would have to be half the size of beach club and stormalong. WL would be a tight fit, but it would work. If they did something like that, and the only thing it shared with CBR was the view of the lagoon, they could pull it off.

View attachment 255738

That much space is not needed.

Wilderness Lodge now has about 350 villas and 350 hotel rooms. It maxes out at 5 stories in the Boulder Ridge wing and 6 stories in the hotel + Copper Creek.

Riviera will have 300 villas spread over 8 stories. Much smaller building footprint & parking needs, probably just 1 pool.

b_600_450_16777215_10_images_stories_drr_construction_DRR_Phase3a.png

I know you all have seen this....????? So this footprint, 8 floors, 300 rooms, and whatever amenities fit or are deemed necessary.....

b_600_450_16777215_10_images_stories_drr_construction_DRR_Phase3a.png

I know you all have seen this....????? So this footprint, 8 floors, 300 rooms, and whatever amenities fit or are deemed necessary.....
I posted this way up in this thread and heard that the footprint/shape of the building here is not what is actually expected.

I posted this way up in this thread and heard that the footprint/shape of the building here is not what is actually expected.

Changes would not be unprecedented but the illustration above approximates Disney's permit applications filed with the South Florida Water Management District earlier this year. The face of the building angled north/northeast essentially matches the one piece of concept art Disney released for the front of the building. Existing roadways would be reconfigured, entry drive and parking added, etc.

b_1200_800_0_10_images_stories_WDW_Gondola_20170216b.png

Last edited:
One thing I have to point out again is customs house will have to go...

Why on earth would you keep a detached checkin on the OTHER side from a dvc? Unless they plan on using it for dvc...which that would be fun...

Worst idea for a checkin in disney history.

Changes would not be unprecedented but the illustration above approximates Disney's permit applications filed with the South Florida Water Management District earlier this year. The face of the building angled north/northeast essentially matches the one piece of concept art Disney released for the front of the building. Existing roadways would be reconfigured, entry drive and parking added, etc.

b_1200_800_0_10_images_stories_WDW_Gondola_20170216b.png
Just reporting what I was told!

I really was doing that superimposed WL to get a feel for the area size. My biggest concern was that the area would be too small to thematically separate it.

I'm surprised how much room there really is, so the space is there. They aren't limited to BLT and a pool. The Caribbean is their oyster.

Does 8 floors sound like "spectacular views" to anyone?

Honest question...I was thinking like 15

Yeah, I missed that detail. Floor #s1-5 theme park side are going to be viewing what? Mini vans and buses whizzing by the backside of Epcot?

I'm not inspired yet by this resort, love the location, the concept art, not so much. I'll echo what's been said here before; it looks like the boring hotels you see in between the airport and Disney property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts