Disney Riviera Resort

Bummer! Was hoping for it for next year's winter trip!

No, they just said Fall 2019 and I'm sure that'll stick. Remember, just because the building is rising doesn't mean that all the infrastructure is in place - there's LOTS of work left to do. (And also think that Star Wars land is further along and won't open until around the same time.)

Bummer! Was hoping for it for next year's winter trip!
I would think no. Disney is very rarely ever ahead of schedule with anything.

I’d agree. The level of custom finishes needed for “themeimg” takes a lot more time than standard construction.

I stayed in Jambo overlooking Kidani construction, and it took them a week to do something on a unique roof that normally only takes a day on a standard shaped home.

Not only had Barbados gone, but half of Martinique has gone too.
Too me (a non DVC'er, and a regular CBR guest) I think they have put this resort in the wrong place.
They have ruined a completely good moderate resort.

I'm inclined to agree, though I'll withold my complete assessment until the project is finished. It makes me sad however because I love CBR as it used to be. Living someplace cold, I love the resort's laid back tropical feel. After we put the kids to bed, my husband and I love to stroll the paths around the lakes at all the moderates. The lighting at night makes them very magical and I think the presence of a tower would detract from that. Tower hotels remind me of the outside world, something we try to distance ourselves from at Disney.

I think there is ZERO doubt that it will have it's own pool. No way you build what's being called a "premiere" DVC resort and then just have it share a pool with a moderate resort that's 1/2 a mile away. I expect it to have it's own high-quality pool.

And I would assume they would also have access to the CBR pool too.

And I would assume they would also have access to the CBR pool too.

DVC members are all currently allowed to hop to the CBR pool, so there's no reason to think that they still wouldn't. CBR isn't one of the "banned" pools (that keep getting longer).

So Fall 2019 is the planned open date, but when will they start selling points?

I haven't really followed DVC Resorts, so I'm not sure when they typically start selling.

So Fall 2019 is the planned open date, but when will they start selling points?

I haven't really followed DVC Resorts, so I'm not sure when they typically start selling.
There are laws preventing the sale of timeshares too far in advance (due to some developers taking money and never finishing) so a resort had to be a certain % ready.
It looks like Poly DVC sales began to DVC members on jan 12, and to the public on Feb 9 for an April 1 opening.

There are laws preventing the sale of timeshares too far in advance (due to some developers taking money and never finishing) so a resort had to be a certain % ready.
It looks like Poly DVC sales began to DVC members on jan 12, and to the public on Feb 9 for an April 1 opening.

DVC is odd. They usually go on sale only a few months before the resort opens. They also only declare a certain number of rooms at a time, so if the whole resort is built, that means initially there are a large number of cash rooms as well.

So I did a quick search, and the most recent DVC - Copper Creek, went on sale March 8, 2017 to members, April 5th to GP. The resort itself opened July 17th, so that's a little more than 4 months in advance.

Since at current sales rates, they expect CCV to sell out about a year from now, you can bet that they will probably start selling Riviera by next spring. They usually don't let one resort run out completely before starting to sell the new one. So I think you are looking at a similar timeline. Sales will start in the spring, and the resort will open sometime in the summer or early fall.

Hmm thats a good question. On one hand they are working on the ground around Epcot so you would think that is further along, but we dont really know the level of groundwork that needs to be done for either project. Epcot would make since sense due to Star Wars and TS and that being much closer. Yet a part of me wants to say River Country. River Country land I am sure has more information on it and so the prep for it might be less. For all we know Disney could do a D23 a double reveal and announce both of them. Since River Country is rumored to be both a Cash and DVC resort, There is a chance that both might be annouced. We also dont know if Future world would be a full DVC either

Hmm thats a good question. On one hand they are working on the ground around Epcot so you would think that is further along, but we dont really know the level of groundwork that needs to be done for either project. Epcot would make since sense due to Star Wars and TS and that being much closer. Yet a part of me wants to say River Country. River Country land I am sure has more information on it and so the prep for it might be less. For all we know Disney could do a D23 a double reveal and announce both of them. Since River Country is rumored to be both a Cash and DVC resort, There is a chance that both might be annouced. We also dont know if Future world would be a full DVC either
Dvc doesn't announce multiple new resorts at the same time, let alone build them simultaneously.
1) they do not want to canabilize there often sales with 2 competing resorts
2) they don't want to give perspective buyers a reason to hesitate..i.e. I'll wait on purchasing Riviera as I prefer river country

Usually the announcement of a new DVC resort is around 60%+ sales of the current one. They have the statistics down so well that they can plan it almost perfectly that a new resort starts selling when they existing one is around 85% sold.
The only resort I can remember was different was Hawaii.

Although I normally agree with that fact we don’t know if future is even going to be a DVC so it’s not out of the question for a double announcement much like Star Wars and Rivera. We also don’t know The internal predictions for the 50th for guest numbers Disney might feel they can move more units during that time. In all case we have some time

Dvc doesn't announce multiple new resorts at the same time, let alone build them simultaneously.
1) they do not want to canabilize there often sales with 2 competing resorts
2) they don't want to give perspective buyers a reason to hesitate..i.e. I'll wait on purchasing Riviera as I prefer river country

Usually the announcement of a new DVC resort is around 60%+ sales of the current one. They have the statistics down so well that they can plan it almost perfectly that a new resort starts selling when they existing one is around 85% sold.
The only resort I can remember was different was Hawaii.

It's unlikely they EVER build a deluxe resort without a DVC component, which means one of two things
A) They are only going to actually build ONE of these TWO resorts or
B) They are going to build one first then the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!