Disney Shanghai - 2 or 3 Full Days

Sandeep1

DIS Veteran
Heading to DS in early March. I've currently got 2 full days and then 3 full days in Shanghai city. But given the low prices of the Toy Story hotel, I'm thinking about adding a 3rd night which would give me 3 full days in DS.

Shanghai looks cool but I feel like 2 full days is enough (1 day for a water town and 1 day for Bund and some other sights).

Thoughts here? Is 3 full disney at Disney Shanghai overkill?

Do they offer a 3 day ticket? if you have to buy 2 day + 1 day then it may not be cost effective to add a 3rd day. Maybe you can do a day trip to Suzhou or Hangzhou on your extra day.

Do they offer a 3 day ticket? if you have to buy 2 day + 1 day then it may not be cost effective to add a 3rd day. Maybe you can do a day trip to Suzhou or Hangzhou on your extra day.

Correct, I'd have to buy a 2 day ticket and then a 1 day ticket. Though the one day is only about 60 bucks which is a downright bargain compared to the parks in U.S.

I looked at Suzhou but if I'm already going to Xitang, not sure another water town is necessary.

I have the same question, I was thinking with the heat, crowds, and long lines in June, it would be less stressful to allow for 3 days in the parks. After flying “all that way”, I’d rather leave myself enough time?

I think 2 days is enough for most people but if you are someone who will want to do things multiple times or try every experience then a third day could be justified.

If I were struggling with this question, I would make a small list of things in Shanghai that are "do if I have time" but not must do items. Then after my second day in the park, I can decide if I feel like I would rather do these things or spend another day in the park. Some ideas of things to do if you haven't planned for them already could be the aquarium, science and tech museum, tall buildings in Lujiazui, Cheng Huang Miao, Yuyuan Garden, circus/acrobat show.

I have the same question, I was thinking with the heat, crowds, and long lines in June, it would be less stressful to allow for 3 days in the parks. After flying “all that way”, I’d rather leave myself enough time?

I decided on 3 days. I have no idea if I will ever go to China again so I want to get the most from my Disney experience.

If I'm bored by the 3rd day I can always just head to the city from my Disney hotel.

We’ve only got 5 days/4 nights in Shanghai due to getting the 144 hour visa...so we’ve planned 2 days at Disney and 1 days sightseeing in shanghai city. I, tempted to just do the 4 nights at the Toy Story hotel for the whole trip, (we have a week in Hong Kong before we go Shanghai) so our bodies should be time zone adjusted by then.

I’m tempted to pay for the fast pass system at Shanghai for at least one day if the queues are stupid

We’ve only got 5 days/4 nights in Shanghai due to getting the 144 hour visa...so we’ve planned 2 days at Disney and 1 days sightseeing in shanghai city. I, tempted to just do the 4 nights at the Toy Story hotel for the whole trip, (we have a week in Hong Kong before we go Shanghai) so our bodies should be time zone adjusted by then.

I’m tempted to pay for the fast pass system at Shanghai for at least one day if the queues are stupid

Toy Story Hotel is very nice but a bit inconvenient for sightseeing on the city. But not impossible or anything.

I didn't have a need to buy extra FP during any of my days but if you're there on a Fri, Sat, Sun, or generally busy time, it might make sense.

Just make use of that extra morning hour. It's pretty much the greatest thing ever!!! All th big rides are open. Don't go Tron like everyone does. Instead go to the other side and ride Soarin', Pirates, 7D. There won't be anyone there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!