Disney shop app shutdown?

geppettoman

Earning My Ears
Can anyone get on the official disney parks shop app. I can not get the app to open for several day, I hope Disney had not shut it down? Anyone else?

No problem getting on it just now.

Maybe try reinstalling it?

Can anyone get on the official disney parks shop app. I can not get the app to open for several day, I hope Disney had not shut it down? Anyone else?

I was able to get on the app yesterday but right now I can't. I have an iPhone.

And I updated the app on the 22nd.

Works for me. Disney doesn't like to miss chances to take your money. ;) Maybe they should amend their IT services to say "If you're trying to give us money and the internet isn't working call immediately! ;)

It still isn't working and there are quite a few recent reviewers in the App Store stating they're also having problems loading the app.

I hope it works out for you soon @geppettoman.

I have the version updated on 6/22 and had no issue getting into it on my iPhone. You can also get to it on a computer from the MDE website- just choose shop online from the menu.

There are two things every one who is having problems should try. First, try a phone restart. On the iPhone hold the power button until it turns off. Wait about 15 seconds and then turn it back on. Check the app and see if it's working. This is the first thing to do and usually fixes most problem. Basically it gets rid of bad data on the phone.

However, sometimes with app updates you need to delete the app and reinstall. This is most often true with database type apps and this is one. A small database corruption can prevent the app from starting. The corruption is almost always caused by the app. Reinstalling will clear the corruption.

Of course, make sure you have the most recent version of the operating system.

There are two things every one who is having problems should try. First, try a phone restart. On the iPhone hold the power button until it turns off. Wait about 15 seconds and then turn it back on. Check the app and see if it's working. This is the first thing to do and usually fixes most problem. Basically it gets rid of bad data on the phone.

However, sometimes with app updates you need to delete the app and reinstall. This is most often true with database type apps and this is one. A small database corruption can prevent the app from starting. The corruption is almost always caused by the app. Reinstalling will clear the corruption.

Of course, make sure you have the most recent version of the operating system.

I deleted and reinstalled the app. It's working again. :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter