Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Quick question for those who have used other similar systems. Since each cabin detaches from the cable when going through the station for loading, is there an area where they can take a cabin out of service for cleaning and then later bring it back on line? Or do you think it will be a completely different system mode done overnight only where each cabin is cleaned one by one as it goes through the station? I am just wondering how they might handle accidents in cabins like vomit, spilled drinks, etc. Would these cabins be marked for no entry all day or immediately taken off system for cleaning and then brought back on anytime?
They will be able to take cabins off line at the CBR station. That is where the maintenance area will be.

Does anyone know if the gondola will be accessible to non resort guests? We stay offsite but sometimes use Disney transportation to resort hop to pin trade of have drinks at multiple resorts. Has it been announced if you must scan a ticket or MB to enter?

Does anyone know if the gondola will be accessible to non resort guests? We stay offsite but sometimes use Disney transportation to resort hop to pin trade of have drinks at multiple resorts. Has it been announced if you must scan a ticket or MB to enter?
I don’t see why it wouldn’t be. The boats and monorails are not resort guest exclusive.

In the 80's they used to issue transportation tickets to onsite guests for using the monorail. This was back when there was only Magic Kingdom, and we were staying at the Contemporary. They haven't done that since around the opening of MGM, so anyone is able to access any form of transportation.

Ok. Thanks. I was hoping so but didn't know if they were going to have the equivalent of a FP line where you scan a MB to use it.

Just be prepared that you may have to go through security to hop between Epcot and DHS. I'm guessing they are going to have security similar to the monorail resorts and TTC, and the CBR station will be the main hub for that. Still speculation, but from what I've read and with the construction of the bus area at DHS, it's what I'm guessing will happen.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but just wondering what the speculation is on when the system will be up and running. We're vising late Aug next year and hoping to utilize it.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but just wondering what the speculation is on when the system will be up and running. We're vising late Aug next year and hoping to utilize it.
It should be open well before August. Seems to be expected to open in the Spring.

Just to throw variety into the discussion, it would be cool if Disney could incorporate all the construction crew signatures into the finished project.

It looks like the construction fence extends at least as far as the cover for the GR & ticket booth. Does it go far enough to suggest they might be constructing covered security check tables there? And/or reconfiguring the security check and/or entry tapstiles there? Also, any idea what’s going on behind the fence on the canal side? Maybe building a security checkpoint at the Friendship boat exit and/or the walkway from the Epcot resorts?

Just wondering whether we’re starting to see evidence of the changes for that area that have been speculated in the past.

It looks like the construction fence extends at least as far as the cover for the GR & ticket booth. Does it go far enough to suggest they might be constructing covered security check tables there? And/or reconfiguring the security check and/or entry tapstiles there? Also, any idea what’s going on behind the fence on the canal side? Maybe building a security checkpoint at the Friendship boat exit and/or the walkway from the Epcot resorts?

Just wondering whether we’re starting to see evidence of the changes for that area that have been speculated in the past.
On the other side of the canal that is all related to the France pavilion expansion.

Last week they were digging a footer in the fence by the boat loading. I assumed it was for the first tower on the Epcot line, but now that is behind the fence on the left. It could still be the second tower, or something else completely.

On the other side of the canal that is all related to the France pavilion expansion.

I was referring to the photo with caption stating the walkway to IG is currently very narrow. In that photo you can see a construction fence on the left with the gondola station behind, extending at least to the covered area where GR & ticket booth are (I can’t tell on my little phone whether it goes farther or not). On right is another construction fence, possibly near & along the boat dock (again I can’t tell exact location).

So I was wondering whether having both fences along that walkway indicates onset of reconfiguration of the security & entry area.

I was referring to the photo with caption stating the walkway to IG is currently very narrow. In that photo you can see a construction fence on the left with the gondola station behind, extending at least to the covered area where GR & ticket booth are (I can’t tell on my little phone whether it goes farther or not). On right is another construction fence, possibly near & along the boat dock (again I can’t tell exact location).

So I was wondering whether having both fences along that walkway indicates onset of reconfiguration of the security & entry area.
I would assume some reconfiguration will take place but the station and IG won’t connect directly.

I would assume some reconfiguration will take place but the station and IG won’t connect directly.

That’s what I assume too. So I was wondering whether the photograph of fences on both sides of the walkway indicated that that reconfiguration had begun. Hoping someone who has been there recently has some information to offer about how far the fences extend and what’s going on behind the fences - especially the one by the boat dock. I’m curious to know whether security checks for the Friendship boats will be done at the loading docks at DHS & resorts or at the exit from the boat at IG, as it’s done for the resort launches to Magic Kingdom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!