Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

No no, the more important question is if people who are pushing strollers will have the mental capacity to board a very slow moving gondola cabin while pushing the stroller at the same time. (please people don't answer this question, I'm being obnoxious)
That’s preposterous to assume. They’ll simply spontaneously combust from the combined mental and physical gymnastics they’ll try to perform

That’s preposterous to assume. They’ll simply spontaneously combust from the combined mental and physical gymnastics they’ll try to perform
Is this before or after they spontaneously combust from no AC?

I didn't really meander over there the past week, but it looked like the fences ended right at the IG, and these were mostly around the gondola station construction, and whatever they're doing on the other side of the path.

I didn't really meander over there the past week, but it looked like the fences ended right at the IG, and these were mostly around the gondola station construction, and whatever they're doing on the other side of the path.

Thanks!

We'll be there in mid-October, so I can't wait to see what's going on by then!

Thanks!

We'll be there in mid-October, so I can't wait to see what's going on by then!

Honestly, I think that area, all of DHS' parking lot, and the over passes at MK were the worst of it. Most of the rest of the work wasn't really noticeable.

And SWGE is just massive.....MASSIVE.

Have fun!

And if not that, a strong breeze will come up and knock all the gondolas off the cable. I doubt anyone will make it from one station to another in one piece.

That's assuming the flimsy cable holding them up doesn't get snapped in half by a twig first!

I was referring to the photo with caption stating the walkway to IG is currently very narrow. In that photo you can see a construction fence on the left with the gondola station behind, extending at least to the covered area where GR & ticket booth are (I can’t tell on my little phone whether it goes farther or not). On right is another construction fence, possibly near & along the boat dock (again I can’t tell exact location).

So I was wondering whether having both fences along that walkway indicates onset of reconfiguration of the security & entry area.

I have been following this topic for sometime now but I will admit I probably haven't read all 181 pages. I am very curious about the entry area into Epcot at IG. I'm guessing there is no definite information about wither this area will be expanded to accommodate additional volume/crowds using this entrance? This is my main concern with this whole thing. I'm a DVC member and own at BW, the IG is such a great benefit to staying in this area I'm concerned that now it won't be as easy as was in years gone by...Does anyone have any information about this? Are they going to expand the entry gates?

I have been following this topic for sometime now but I will admit I probably haven't read all 181 pages. I am very curious about the entry area into Epcot at IG. I'm guessing there is no definite information about wither this area will be expanded to accommodate additional volume/crowds using this entrance? This is my main concern with this whole thing. I'm a DVC member and own at BW, the IG is such a great benefit to staying in this area I'm concerned that now it won't be as easy as was in years gone by...Does anyone have any information about this? Are they going to expand the entry gates?

As far as I know, Disney has not addressed that publicly yet. With the increase in volume I can't see them doing nothing, but how much is uncertain.

Nothing official, but two things I think might make the impact smaller than one would think at first glance:
1) the gondolas are continuous vs a bus that would have a dump of people at once
2) It seems like (though not 100% confirmed) that people riding the gondolas will clear security before arriving at the parks - so the bag check line will not be impacted which is often the bottleneck

That, combined with the fact it really would only be an issue at park opening, just not sure they need to drastically expand the gates - maybe just increase staffing a bit for the early part of the day

Just guess work though obviously

I did hear Len Testa state that he saw new or added Touch points on IG exit lanes. He surmised reversible flow as needed.

That’s how the front gates are at the park.

Gotcha, I hadn’t paid attention. Len’s comments were pretty clear he thought there had been a change at IG. He and Jim have been discussing concern over crowd handling at IG as have we all.

Gotcha, I hadn’t paid attention. Len’s comments were pretty clear he thought there had been a change at IG. He and Jim have been discussing concern over crowd handling at IG as have we all.
All of the wdw parks and both Disneyland and DCA have reverse flow entrance/exit. Magic kingdom also has an exit only in the center that I’ve only seen open in the morning and Disneyland/DCA have exit only points that are only used after park close that don’t have the turn counter things and are just open gates.

Nothing official, but two things I think might make the impact smaller than one would think at first glance:
1) the gondolas are continuous vs a bus that would have a dump of people at once
2) It seems like (though not 100% confirmed) that people riding the gondolas will clear security before arriving at the parks - so the bag check line will not be impacted which is often the bottleneck

That, combined with the fact it really would only be an issue at park opening, just not sure they need to drastically expand the gates - maybe just increase staffing a bit for the early part of the day

Just guess work though obviously

I was just about to make your point #1 but see you've covered it. I think that's the biggest reason the IG will be able to handle more people than one might think.

We go every August and do a split stay at one of the boardwalk hotels and one of the monorail hotels. What is everyone's guess for wait times at the Skyliner's at the boardwalk area? I am sure my children will just want to ride them for the heck of it. Maybe during mid-day the wait won't be too bad or at dinner time?
PS-I hope at least they have fans inside them. Something to move that nice Florida air around:crazy2:

We go every August and do a split stay at one of the boardwalk hotels and one of the monorail hotels. What is everyone's guess for wait times at the Skyliner's at the boardwalk area? I am sure my children will just want to ride them for the heck of it. Maybe during mid-day the wait won't be too bad or at dinner time?
PS-I hope at least they have fans inside them. Something to move that nice Florida air around:crazy2:

The wait will almost always be less than 5 minutes. The only issue might be at park closing, but any other time I guarantee hopping on at the IG will have little to no wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter