Disney Springs restaurants at MCO?

marielynn724

DIS Veteran
I just happened to look up Orlando International Airport and saw that in Terminal C there is a Sunshine Diner by Chef Art Smith, a Summer House, and a Wine Bar George. How cool is that! Has anyone tried any of these airport locations? Does anyone know if you can buy cookies at the Summer House there?

I've eaten at Sunshine Diner - it's really cute, but the food wasn't very good, definitely not the quality you would find at Homecomin' in DS.

Don’t know much about MCO, but it looks like our flight leaves out of terminal B. Is it possible to go to terminal C, I would love to have lunch at summerhouse before our flight

Don’t know much about MCO, but it looks like our flight leaves out of terminal B. Is it possible to go to terminal C, I would love to have lunch at summerhouse before our flight
Not without going through security 2x. They are totally separate from each other. You would also have to go to Terminal B first, check your bags then take the train over, go through security, etc.

Juice not worth the squeeze.

In general these celebrity chef restaurants in Airports are really bad and I avoid them.

The food at the Wolfgang puck ones was beyond bad - I don't recall the airport.
The Todd English one in Boston - actually made me sick - not something you want before getting on a plane.
Even the barbecue place in Austin in the Airport - I forget the chefs name - was nothing like they one in Austin.

I think in many of these cases its just a company that is paying for the name of the Chef or known brand - but they have nothing to do with it.

That said - I can see the Wine bar from the lounge and it does look pretty good - much better than the lounge anyway.

Yeah there is no connectivity between them and I don't think its anything they will be adding.

They still don't have moving sidewalks in the terminal which seems to be a big complaint with the locals who use the Airport a lot - even the local news is complaining about it whenever they talk about the airport.

In general these celebrity chef restaurants in Airports are really bad and I avoid them.

The Todd English one in Boston - actually made me sick - not something you want before getting on a plane.
Even the barbecue place in Austin in the Airport - I forget the chefs name - was nothing like they one in Austin.

I think in many of these cases its just a company that is paying for the name of the Chef or known brand - but they have nothing to do with it.

That said - I can see the Wine bar from the lounge and it does look pretty good - much better than the lounge i

That said - I can see the Wine bar from the lounge and it does look pretty good - much better than the lounge anyway.
I'll probably end up doing a grand floridian cafe brunch before I head off to the airport, and then just grab some cookies to take home from summer house

Sounds similar to another recent thread I recall seeing. I have never found any restaurant in any airport to be that great it would be worth the hassle/time to go to a different terminal. Unless you have HOURS to waste waiting for your flight, going through separate security and the long walks, general congestion between terminals is never worth it to eat at a specific place.

I would look at the airport website to see what food options exist in the terminal you will be using and pick from one of those. As someone else mentioned, airport restaurants are sometimes paying to use the chef's name, but the food isn't that good. The way security now works at every airport, you can only go through security if you are current day traveler. Locals not traveling can't go there just to eat if the restaurant is past security. So the number of people they will actually have as customers is limited to current day travelers.

The way most airports are setup, you generally only use one terminal which helps with the flow of traffic. If switching from a commuter type aircraft to a larger plane, many airports require you to change terminals. The vast majority of travelers aren't going to be going to different terminals so I doubt MCO will add ways to get between the terminals. Mostly, those arriving will be going to the central area to claim their baggage/exit the airport.

Last edited:

The BBQ place in the Austin airport is not associated with Aaron Franklin. It's called Salt Lick. The original Salt Lick has been around since the 60s and is located southwest of town. It's very different from Franklin's BBQ. Salt Lick is good, but it hasn't won as many rewards or notoriety as Franklin's. The airport Salt Lick is run by the restaurant.

The BBQ place in the Austin airport is not associated with Aaron Franklin. It's called Salt Lick. The original Salt Lick has been around since the 60s and is located southwest of town. It's very different from Franklin's BBQ. Salt Lick is good, but it hasn't won as many rewards or notoriety as Franklin's. The airport Salt Lick is run by the restaurant.
Yeah its was not Franklins. I though it was Terry Blacks, but it may have been Salt Lick.
Regardless like I said - the Restaurants in an Airport are really in name only - so better to avoid unless you have no other option.

does anyone know if the Summer House at MCO sells cookies?
They did when I went through MCO at the start of this month as I bought a cookie cup selection - however the selection seemed a lot more limited than the Disney Springs location. And my cookie cup selection was about 50% rice krispie treats (which I didn't mind as turned out I really like their version of it)...

Yeah its was not Franklins. I though it was Terry Blacks, but it may have been Salt Lick.
Regardless like I said - the Restaurants in an Airport are really in name only - so better to avoid unless you have no other option.
Definitely not Terry’s either. I live in Austin, so it’s my home airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter