Disney Store employee benefits

asgt

Mouseketeer
Well since the cost of gas is eating away at our monthly budget there isnt much left to stash into my disney fund. I refuse to pay for a vacation on credit so I am trying to find other ways to fund my trip. I know that Disney now reowns TDS so I was wondering if anyone knows the current employee benefits. I know in the past that employees got 50% off thier rooms and x number of tickets a year to the park. Is this true again and if so do these benefits extend to part time employees? TIA :)

I too have been thinking the same thing since finding out TDS would own them again months and months ago. I have been thinking out loud to my dh
about many different part time jobs, and once I said "the Disney Store", he said, "Finally, there's a job you'd really like!"

Does anyone know how to tell if your store is currently hiring? Do they put up a sign at the store, or should I just ask a manager if they are hiring?

Thanks!:thumbsup2

A diser on another thread I frequent said they do have CM benefits again but no stores are hiring due to the current store closings.

I wonder if this is true. I mean, if the store closes in Philly, I don't see anyone moving all the way to Charlotte to work here.

Dawn

A diser on another thread I frequent said they do have CM benefits again but no stores are hiring due to the current store closings.

I wonder if this is true. I mean, if the store closes in Philly, I don't see anyone moving all the way to Charlotte to work here.

Dawn

There are some inner-store transfers that are currently going on. I doubt that the stores will be hiring until holiday (which is earlier than most people think it is!).

Before getting a job at TDS, just make sure that you're ready to work really hard because although it's fun, it's hard work. Lots of lifting, moving, climbing up and down ladders and keeping a quick pace. Processing shipment is a workout in itself! LOL!!!! It is great job and working for the Disney Store (regardless when were owned by Disney, by TCP and now by Disney again) it is wonderful honor and opportunity.

Hi,
If you work at the disney store, does this make it easier to get a job at wdw?
thanks,
debbie

I was just talking to someone at a TDS today and they were telling me how all the stores remaining open were trying hard to make room for as many cast members from the area stores that are closing as they can.

I think that you would be hard pressed to find an open position at most TDS sites for at least the next few months.

The three stores in my area are all staying open. One of them is brand new a couple of months ago. I am still curious though if anyone knows the specific Disney Park benefits and if they extend to part time employees.

Hi,
If you work at the disney store, does this make it easier to get a job at wdw?
thanks,
debbie

Yes and no. I worked at TDS prior to doing my CP. Do I think it helped to get my job at WDW, maybe. It's hard to say. However I think any prior experience with the Disney Company is a wonderful addition to your resume.

Good luck!

I am so bummed because I thought we were getting a Disney Store at our new mall that opens the end of next month. A few weeks ago, I looked at their store listing and TDS was listed!! I told DH that would be a great place to get a part time job. I just want something to get me out of the house. Anyway, I looked last weekend at the store listing and TDS is gone :( . I am so disappointed!

There are some inner-store transfers that are currently going on. I doubt that the stores will be hiring until holiday (which is earlier than most people think it is!).

Before getting a job at TDS, just make sure that you're ready to work really hard because although it's fun, it's hard work. Lots of lifting, moving, climbing up and down ladders and keeping a quick pace. Processing shipment is a workout in itself! LOL!!!! It is great job and working for the Disney Store (regardless when were owned by Disney, by TCP and now by Disney again) it is wonderful honor and opportunity.

I was wondering, do you work for the store in the Lehigh Valley Mall? If so, do you know when you will be hiring for part time or holiday help?
Thanks! :thumbsup2

I am a CM at a TDS and I would love to know the benifits!!!:rotfl: Nobody really seems to know. Get conflicting info. all the time. I do know you have to have worked for at least three months before you qualify for any DW or DL perks. Your instore discount takes affect immediately. You get three complimentary park passes per calendar year for up to three people per pass.You must request your passes a minimum of 30 days in advance of needing them. Here's where I am confused.....do you have to work a certain number of hours or shifts per week to qualify for these perks? Because if that is the case nobody at our store would qualify. Sometimes I get three shifts per week at three hours a shift and other weeks I get one eight hour shift!! So think long and hard about becoming a CM just for the benifits. It is hard work with lousy pay and crappy hours. You never have a weekend off and with gas prices...if I only work a three hour shift I barely break even on my expenses. :scared1:

I worked at a Disneystore for 5 years. I loved it, and left after Childrens Place took over. I am trying to get hired back, but will probably have to wait until the holidays. Holiday CMS are brought in as "casuals", ie temporary cast members. Casuals used to only get the store discount, I think. Casuals did not get the picture ID, for example.

No time off is allowed in November and December, that was one rule. You needed to be available usually one shift both Sat and Sun, or available all day one of the two days. Plus 2 other shifts. That rule varied by store, and store needs though. You could have up to 2-3 "call in shifts per week". With those, you call in 2 hours before you are scheduled to see if you were working. That was hard on some people who needed to arrange sitters.

When I worked there it was strict on the dress code, but most adult CMs are fine with that. (ie tatoos, piercings, facial hair, fingernail length and polish color, jewelry, etc)

We worked hard, and sometimes the rules seemed to not make sense, like bothering the guests. Lots of cleaning, (one newish CM quit when she was told to clean the CM bathroom), ladder climbing(up very high too backstage), lifting, folding. Sometimes you need to push for sales, too.

I LOVED it though! I hope I can go back. If you have like retail, have patience and can accept working 25 hours one week, and then 4-8 hours many other weeks, this might be a good job for you.

The best benefits were at the parks in the old days, but we did not get much off on park tickets at all. I do not think they have released the new benefits store CMs will have.

Holiday hired Cm's got the worst shifts!! Opening at 6:am or closing at Midnight. No Insurance, non manager CM worked 4 hour shifts, no double shifts. I got 3 DL tickets[never was able to even use them], got a Cinderella MUG, a holiday dinner, and that is it.

Only managers moved up the Disney corp ladder.

Holiday hired Cm's got the worst shifts!! Opening at 6:am or closing at Midnight. No Insurance, non manager CM worked 4 hour shifts, no double shifts. I got 3 DL tickets[never was able to even use them], got a Cinderella MUG, a holiday dinner, and that is it.

Only managers moved up the Disney corp ladder.

That's not true at my store. The regular and the holiday CMs worked whatever shifts they would be available for, regardless if it was opening or closing. I work FT so I have to work a closing or opening shift so I was there many nights closing at midnight and then going to my FT job the next day. I usually only worked 5 to 6 hour shifts because of my FT schedule, but if I would have been available, I could have been scheduled for more. I have also been a CM for 9 years.

As far as managers moving up the Disney Corp Ladder...not always true either. We have a manager who started out as a seasonal and worked her way up.

The things that go on at one store, don't necessary mean that it is that way throughout the entire company.

Has the acquisition of the Disney Stores by Disney again gone through? If so, what are the benefits (perks) for part time CMs now? Anyone know?

Has the acquisition of the Disney Stores by Disney again gone through? If so, what are the benefits (perks) for part time CMs now? Anyone know?

The Disney Stores have been back with the Walt Disney Company since
May 1, 2008. I have been working for the store for almost 10 years (with a few months away when I worked at WDW). As a Disney Store CM, we could get terminated for disclosing our benefits online. My best suggestion to you is to go to your local store and ask to speak to a manager. They should be able to fill you in if you're interested in joining the team. :)

The Disney Stores have been back with the Walt Disney Company since
May 1, 2008. I have been working for the store for almost 10 years (with a few months away when I worked at WDW). As a Disney Store CM, we could get terminated for disclosing our benefits online. My best suggestion to you is to go to your local store and ask to speak to a manager. They should be able to fill you in if you're interested in joining the team. :)

Thank you! I will ask.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!