Disney Store in NYC

SuzieQMomof3

Mom to (now) 4 great kids!
Does anyone know where the new Disney Store is in New York? I tried the website, but it wasn't much help.

Has anyone ever been there? We'll be traveling through New York this weekend and I was wondering if it was worth the stop.

Thanks!
Susan

Hi Susan, I was just there with DD, 7 and 3 little GF's and their DMs. It is at 5th ave and 55th St. We did the Princess Court Celebration, sae Goofy and Max. The store itself is nice, but not much more than any other glorified DisneyStore. CMs were wonderful, extremely pleasant and helpful.
from there we walked down to 49th St and had dinner at American Girl Place. I have to say, I enjoyed that more than WOD. It's nice, don't get me wrong, but I think I expected more. After all, it IS Disney. Overall, I'm still glad we went, but IMHO I wouldn't go back to NYC just for WOD.

Have a great weekend!

Kristie :wave:

My husband goes at least once a week during lunch it is on the corner of 55th and 5th ave!!!! :wizard: Its a great store!!!

We were just there on Saturday. I was amazed at all the merchandise that was directly from WDW, even says WDW on it. There were some cute Disney NYC items, including some very pricey ($80) t-shirts. The biggest downside, made me want to go back to WDW - NOW! :earboy2:

Definitely made this a "must do" on our recent trip to NYC. It's a lot like the World of Disney at WDW in that it has various "regions" in the store for different kinds of products. There is the wonderful Mr. Potato Head nursery where folks can create their own Mr. and/or Mrs. Potato Head. It was a nice "fix" between March and November trips to WDW!!

Just wanted to add if the kids are into pin trading...don't forget the landyards. I was surprised at how many CM only pins they had to trade. It was lots of fun

FYI -- for those that don't know, the NYC Disney Store is still owned and operated by Disney and it seems alot like the World of Disney because I think a lot of the merchandise comes from there. The other Disney Stores were bought by The Children's Place and are run as separate entities, but Disney wanted to keep the flagship in NYC. It is a fun stop!

[SIZE=+0]To further clarify, the NYC store is not a "The Disney Store" (although it used to be a while ago). Now it is owned and operated by Walt Disney Parks & Resorts... which is why there is WDW merchandise available there. While it's still a nice place to visit for a Disney fix, I do feel it kind of cheapens what you can buy down in FL when so much merchandise that used to be WDW-only can now be found in NYC... with the "Walt Disney World" tags and all. :confused3 Oh well...

BTW, the correct website for the NYC World of Disney store is:
http://www.worldofdisney.com[/SIZE]

disneyberry said:
[SIZE=+0]To further clarify, the NYC store is not a "The Disney Store" (although it used to be a while ago). Now it is owned and operated by Walt Disney Parks & Resorts... which is why there is WDW merchandise available there. While it's still a nice place to visit for a Disney fix, I do feel it kind of cheapens what you can buy down in FL when so much merchandise that used to be WDW-only can now be found in NYC... with the "Walt Disney World" tags and all. :confused3 Oh well...

BTW, the correct website for the NYC World of Disney store is:
http://www.worldofdisney.com[/SIZE]

That being said, I'd kill for one in Boston :rotfl2:

athenna said:
That being said, I'd kill for one in Boston :rotfl2:

I second that. Fanieul Hall area isn't the same without the Disney Store & going back farther than that the old WB store.

Deesknee said:
I second that. Fanieul Hall area isn't the same without the Disney Store & going back farther than that the old WB store.

Quite true. The 1s ttime I went to Fanieul after the DS was gone, it seemed sp depressing. :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter