Disney+ Streaming Offer

Any word on when the app can be downloaded? I hope they dont wait to release it the day before and their whole system gets overwhelmed and crashes!

no one will be downloading the app direct from Disney. AppleTV/iDevice owners will get it from the various App Stores. Android owners, and people with Android based TVs, will get it from the Google Play store. Both companies deal with loads vastly higher than D+ will produce on a daily basis. This won’t be an issue.

Looks like confirmation emails from signing up for info about the Verizon offer went out. Says to check your inbox on November 12 for instructions. Also, in the not-so-fine print section at the bottom, it specifically states "If you are a current multi-year or annual Disney+ subscriber, your existing subscription will be paused during the promotional period and will resume through Disney at the end of the 12-month period."

Hulu will offer Disney+ as an add on, but they haven’t stated a price. It will likely not be discounted.

Which is weird - why would I want to watch Disney+ THROUGH Hulu when I could just download the app separately? The only real benefit is "one" app and paying one bill over two. Kind of like getting HBO through Amazon Prime I suppose.

Which is weird - why would I want to watch Disney+ THROUGH Hulu when I could just download the app separately? The only real benefit is "one" app and paying one bill over two. Kind of like getting HBO through Amazon Prime I suppose.
One app that has been proven to function very well with tons of other content mixed in. You can have Live TV, HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Starz, Hulu, and Disney+ all in the same place with a single watchlist keeping track of your place in shows across them all rather than having that same content in 7 different places.

If you have Verizon mobile with unlimited data you can get it for free for the first 12 months. I had already signed up for it with a dvc discount. I plan to cancel and just it through Verizon.

Anyone heard of a Canadian offer yet? I know there’s the $89 per year when it releases, but anything along the same lines as the American ones?

If you have Verizon mobile with unlimited data you can get it for free for the first 12 months. I had already signed up for it with a dvc discount. I plan to cancel and just it through Verizon.
FYI... if you do the Verizon deal, it can put your previous sign-up on hold during the Verizon 1 year free period.

The Verizon deal is still going and its basically the 3 year for $140 deal. Pretty good deal in my opinion. I also signed up for it.

I will sign up through Verizon. Looks like a good deal. Cant beat free for 12 months.

Correct 1 year will be $69.99.
I want to gift my (adult) daughter a three year subscription to Disney Plus for her birthday which is next week. What is the best way for me to do that and it be a surprise so that I can give it to her on her birthday?

Anyone heard anything about how to sign in and when we will be able to register for out account if we purchased the D23 deal?

I was literally thinking about the same thing earlier tonight.
I have been wondering too. Haven't been able to find anything online and yesterday I dug up the D23 email and it wasn't very descriptive.

Does anyone know if Disney+ will work with BluRay? That's how we access streaming with Netflix, YouTube, other apps, etc.

Just had a D+ commercial on my Pandora station. Not sure if it was targeted advertising because of all my WDW searches or it was for everyone.

Does anyone know if Disney+ will work with BluRay? That's how we access streaming with Netflix, YouTube, other apps, etc.

I take it you have a "smart" BluRay player that has Netflix and Youtube built in?

I wouldn't count on it adding Disney+, unless your BluRay player happens to be a PS4 or Xbox One:
Disney also confirmed the platforms that Disney Plus would be available on at launch. The robust list includes: desktop web browsers, Android mobile devices, Android TV, Chromecast, iPads, iPhones, Apple TV, PlayStation 4, Roku players, Roku TV, and Xbox One.
https://www.polygon.com/2019/8/19/20809293/disney-plus-platforms-international-launch

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter