Disney taking presale orders for Disney themed face masks

SueM in MN

combining the teacups with a roller coaster
I ordered mine this morning as soon as I saw them available in Instagram. I had a wait before I could get on to the page to order with a do not refresh this page notice. It wasn't near as bad as getting the Jeffree Star Conspiracy palette for my daughter for Christmas though--only a couple minute wait.

The masks appear to be "selling out" in batches. At one point this evening about half of the 18 style/size combinations were showing sold out. But when I checked again an hour or so later, all were available for pre-order again, showing different availability dates.

Originally they all showed availability June 15 (not counting shipping time, which can be 1-2 weeks, no expedited shipping available). As of the time I'm posting, they are all still available for pre-order, but some show availability June 29 and others July 15. I'm guessing they're "restocking" the website inventory in batches based on the estimated amount of masks they can make each week/month.

Our (adult) daughter grabbed a set for each of us this morning as soon as she saw them; I'm so excited! We will each have different designs too! She got PapaRabbit a set of the Star Wars, and mine will be the "faces" 😍. Not sure which set she decided on for herself; but we are all looking forward to seeing our new masks!

I wish I’d jumped on the first wave. Last time I checked shipping wouldn’t be until August, and hopefully, our trip is in July. We’ve bought a couple though and maybe we’ll get lucky and they will sell them in the park

I bought some very cute Disney masks on Etsy - I was able to get them with filter pockets too. People are making them from the material of Disney dresses. I got the cutest pink mask with Disney dogs to match my Dooney. I also got an orange bird mask!

I’ve been sewing my own masks, and I’m so bummed that my stash of Disney fabrics is currently in storage and unavailable to use for the immediate future!

If I had a stash of Disney fabrics... LOL I wouldn't have a stash anymore, because I would be using it all up! 🤣

Right now, I'm still using all of my Mom's scraps from when she was quilting to make masks for family members; they recognize the fabrics (I try to match the fabric in the masks to the quilt she made them originally) and it's been a great project; I am doing something useful, and I get to take a trip down memory lane, looking at the pictures of all of the quilts she made for family over the years, and I feel like it's somehow honoring her too. Plus, I'm helping to protect the people I love. ❤

I ordered the Star Wars masks on May 1st, but haven't heard from them or got them. They said 2 weeks unless noted and it's been almost a month. Delays?

I ordered the Star Wars masks on May 1st, but haven't heard from them or got them. They said 2 weeks unless noted and it's been almost a month. Delays?
You made a pre-order. If you ordered right at the beginning the availability date was June 15. That would be the earliest date the masks would ship. So add 1-2 weeks to that and the earliest date you could receive the masks was toward the end of June.

Since you ordered on the second day of pre-orders, the availability date might have changed. I posted later on the first day:
Originally they all showed availability June 15 (not counting shipping time, which can be 1-2 weeks, no expedited shipping available). As of the time I'm posting, they are all still available for pre-order, but some show availability June 29 and others July 15. I'm guessing they're "restocking" the website inventory in batches based on the estimated amount of masks they can make each week/month.

And your availability date might be later than what I saw, since you ordered the next day.

I ordered mine on April 30th and at the time they indicated shipping would be in July. When I checked the site today, the ship date was either 7/29 or 8/5 for the few I looked at.

Last edited:
I want to guy some of these, but there are two things keeping me from doing so... one, I want/need them sooner than they will probably come (but I'm sure I'll still need masks once they do come) and two, I'm worried about the sizes. I know it gives a sizing guide. IAnd I know that the "small" size is meant for younger kids. According to the size chart, if I'm measuring correctly, I'm actually a large. But I have trouble believing that, because in everything else I buy, I'm a woman's small/extra-small, or even kids sizes. I feel like a large would be too big. But I don't want to get a medium and that be too small. Ack! lol

I want to guy some of these, but there are two things keeping me from doing so... one, I want/need them sooner than they will probably come (but I'm sure I'll still need masks once they do come) and two, I'm worried about the sizes. I know it gives a sizing guide. IAnd I know that the "small" size is meant for younger kids. According to the size chart, if I'm measuring correctly, I'm actually a large. But I have trouble believing that, because in everything else I buy, I'm a woman's small/extra-small, or even kids sizes. I feel like a large would be too big. But I don't want to get a medium and that be too small. Ack! lol
Someone on the DLR board got the actual measurements of the Disney masks, not the sizing measurements, and said that they are running a bit large. Someone else said that if you order masks that are a too large, they can be sized to fit by adding pleats on the sides. It's been so long since everyone started ordering these -- I can't wait to start hearing reviews once people start receiving them.

Someone on the DLR board got the actual measurements of the Disney masks, not the sizing measurements, and said that they are running a bit large. Someone else said that if you order masks that are a too large, they can be sized to fit by adding pleats on the sides. It's been so long since everyone started ordering these -- I can't wait to start hearing reviews once people start receiving them.
I’ll be happy to post a review soon!

Disney World Is Now Selling Character Face Masks

Now that the new character-themed face masks have started shipping out to folks who’ve ordered them, it appears Marketplace Co-op has also received a fresh shipment of these Disney-themed face masks! They’re the same ones we’ve previously seen on shopDisney!

The face masks cost $6 each when purchased individually or four for $20 when purchased as a set. Note: there is a limit of four face masks per guest, no discounts are applicable and there are no refunds, exchanges, or returns allowed.

If you want to purchase some of these Disney-themed face masks at Disney Springs, they’re being sold at the PhotoPass Studio inside the Marketplace Co-Op.

Guests are lined up outside (while social distancing) and given a form to complete. Don’t worry — the line appears long, but the face mask ordering process actually goes very quickly! And if you just want to get into the Marketplace Co-Op they’ll let you through, unless there’s a need for the virtual queue. You can enter to the left of the guests who are in line for face masks.

You’ll select which sizes and designs you’d like (all masks come in medium and large sizes while only a few styles are available in small.).

The back of the order form shows sizing information and a Cast Member is on hand with examples of small. medium, and large face masks so you can compare.

Once it’s your turn, you hand in your form at the Photopass Studio and a Cast Member pulls the face masks you’ve requested from some bins.

They’ll put your order in a clear plastic bag

You’re then directed to The Marketplace Co-Op to pay for your order. A Cast Member will tell you which checkout is available.

Once we paid for our face masks, the Cast Member placed them in a standard Disney bag.

n addition to the styles we’ve previously seen offered on shopDisney, there’s also a new Rainbow Mickey Face Mask available in all sizes for $6!

Got mine at Disney Springs this afternoon. I got my daughter a medium because she still wears kids size 14 and her other adult mask is too big. However the Disney masks run small so I waited again in line for a large. They're cute but they really smell and they have a big tag that is almost the size of the mask inside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter