Disney tips everyone should know

At Be our Guest they said "Bonjour" when you enter but they don't talk in french. I learn this the first Time i go. I start a conversation in french with a cast member. He was like a Deer in front of car lights lol!

At Be our Guest they said "Bonjour" when you enter but they don't talk in french. I learn this the first Time i go. I start a conversation in french with a cast member. He was like a Deer in front of car lights lol!
I guess it would be nice if they did have "French" speaking CM's at attractions like that. That would certainly "Boost" the "Experience" for those guests that speak the language.

Oh and for comfort;
- rotate shoes each day or if you take a break back in the room - it helps those tired feet!
- my husband and son swear by body glide, it's one of the things he is willing to carry in his pocket!

I constantly rotate shoes! Especially if we are park hopping and we have our rental car (this is usually what we do), I put a different pair of shoes in the car and change on our way to the next park.

I work as a retail cashier so I KNOW how people get treated. I've learned that you just need to treat people the way you want to be treated! sure, everyone has a bad day but these poor people are just trying to make a living...it's HOT and crowded and they do their very best to make YOUR day better! have a conversation, make them laugh and treat them like they matter!

AMEN to this! I participated in the CP and have never been treated so horribly and so amazingly in my life. It was quite the spectrum. 9/10 I would say is that the CP is doing their best to ensure we give you all the information you need and the experience you deserve. We do not invent the rules, we just enforce and follow. Also, the place in ride lines where FP and Stand-By merge is hell on earth for everyone involved, so please be patient! Lastly, I encourage talking to as many as them as possible. It was so small and insignificant to a guest when they asked me about myself or how my day was going...but on a 100 degree 12 hour day, it can mean the world and keep us chugging along! I have learned that there are a some very bad eggs, but that certainly never dismissed the TONS of amazing guests that visit!

I've always liked as little cargo as possible. If I can walk in the park with a few things in my pockets and skip the bag line, I'm perfect. Of course, this isn't for everyone. But man does it ease my stress in an instant. No lockers all the way!

I wish I could pack little cargo! Sadly I cannot. However, it helps to do research on bags if you are going to put yourself through hours and hours of carrying it in the hot sun. Fortunately I found a pretty inexpensive crossbody bag with a breathable strap and it has made all the difference!

Last personal tip:

Try new things! We have been 20+ times and got stuck in a serious routine. This past time, we tried new shows and new snacks and it really revitalized our trip.

I work as a retail cashier so I KNOW how people get treated. I've learned that you just need to treat people the way you want to be treated! sure, everyone has a bad day but these poor people are just trying to make a living...it's HOT and crowded and they do their very best to make YOUR day better! have a conversation, make them laugh and treat them like they matter!

This is so very true. There have been many times when we have warily approached cashiers or CMs at the Parks who look absolutely miserable and mean; we always go out of our way to be extra friendly and kind with a smile, and every single time we could actually see the tension drain from their faces. Hopefully we've left them feeling a little better than before! Plus it makes your experience more pleasant rather than being snapped at by an over-stressed employee.

Just a warning that MOST (not all) of the pins you can buy on ebay in mixed lots are fakes (scrappers). While a CM won't stop you from trading (they're not allowed to) it's just something to keep at the back of your mind.

I wish I did more research on this before going in. I have just learned all about the fake pins and now I know what I am looking for to know the fake ones.

I wish I did more research on this before going in. I have just learned all about the fake pins and now I know what I am looking for to know the fake ones.

I did some research before I bought pins and I included my oldest daughter. She is so ready to pin swap but she is going to "make sure they are real pins." I didn't pay a whole lot for the real pins and if the youngest wants to trade for a scrapper it's not like I am going to stop her. She would cause a huge scene :)

Lol me & my mom were JUST talking about this literally an hour ago! I always make sure to be friendly and kind to the cast members, because they're human just like the rest of us. They try really hard to put a smile on people's faces, even if they're having a bad day themselves. I hate watching people be rude to them!
You are so right. Cast Members go out of there way so much to make our vacations magical and they do this without us really knowing what is going on in there lives. Disney has the best workers in my opinion.

You are so right. Cast Members go out of there way so much to make our vacations magical and they do this without us really knowing what is going on in there lives. Disney has the best workers in my opinion.
Plus, in the long run, it's just easier to be NICE then it is to be cranky.

Just a warning that MOST (not all) of the pins you can buy on ebay in mixed lots are fakes (scrappers). While a CM won't stop you from trading (they're not allowed to) it's just something to keep at the back of your mind.

Is there a good way to identify a scrapper? My son wants to start trading on this trip, and I was hoping to get him some pins before hand so he can sort through them.

Is there a good way to identify a scrapper? My son wants to start trading on this trip, and I was hoping to get him some pins before hand so he can sort through them.

I'll probably get in trouble for recommending a site but pinpics.com, has a gallery with pictures of all pins. With a bit of searching you can find the pin you have (using the year of the pin and a description like a character or attraction) - then you can compare your pin with a picture. The overall finish on a scrapper is not as good as a real pin, with thicker lines or the colours being off. Certain pins are copied more than others and it usually has a warning underneath with a little hint to help you determine if you have a scrapper or not.

Hope this helps! Once you get good at spotting scrappers you can avoid trading for them in the parks too :)

I'll probably get in trouble for recommending a site but pinpics.com, has a gallery with pictures of all pins. With a bit of searching you can find the pin you have (using the year of the pin and a description like a character or attraction) - then you can compare your pin with a picture. The overall finish on a scrapper is not as good as a real pin, with thicker lines or the colours being off. Certain pins are copied more than others and it usually has a warning underneath with a little hint to help you determine if you have a scrapper or not.

Hope this helps! Once you get good at spotting scrappers you can avoid trading for them in the parks too :)

Thank you. I will check out that site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter