Disney to cancel FPs if room is cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, I will simply point out the long history of shutting down threads which delved into some of the things that have been discussed here, as I feel that is more than adequate to back up my point.

I think the difference here is people are trying to understand the changes and how they will impact planning (especially for legitimate split stays) and testing to see if the updates have been implemented vs discussing a known issue with the system that is actively against the TOS and encouraging people to skirt the rules...

Oh, thanks! That still means nothing to me :confused3 , I'm assuming it's essentially the same as against the rules. I guess I haven't run across that term before in my life, feeling kind of dumb now :sad2:
It's the phrase that sums up "the fine print" that you never bother to read when you check that box that says "yes I read everything" anytime you sign up for anything online, LOL

I think the difference here is people are trying to understand the changes and how they will impact planning (especially for legitimate split stays) and testing to see if the updates have been implemented vs discussing a known issue with the system that is actively against the TOS and encouraging people to skirt the rules...
Right. No one is trying to share ways with others on how to get around the rules or anything like that
We are talking about ways to work within the rules and keeping up to date on what has changed if anything.
That is very different and seriously confused as to why anyone is bothered by it or thinks things are nefarious.

Right. No one is trying to share ways with others on how to get around the rules or anything like that
We are talking about ways to work within the rules and keeping up to date on what has changed if anything.
That is very different and seriously confused as to why anyone is bothered by it or thinks things are nefarious.
Well except for the discussion about booking a continuous stay with the same dates as your split stay and then canceling after you booked FP for the duration. I think that is what the other poster was talking about. In the past stuff like that was shut down.

So data point.
I have split stay booked 1nt/3nts
5/19-20 beach club
5/20-23 Art of animation
Booked a campsite for 2 weeks checking in 5/9 and out 5/22(last park day)
We arent really planning any super special fp. We booked 2 different EMM so 7dmt and SDD are no big. We are doing AK for our second park in a day so I didnt bother with FOP. So testing the system was fairly low risk since none of my FP were irreplaceable.
Canceled the campsite room only ressie this morning(my 60 days from the 1st day of my second half of my splitstay). I got the warning fp would be canceled and got the pop up that they were all canceled after completion. As of now they are still there and can be modified. I will watch them to see. No email from Disney as of yet.

Yes its essentially the same. When you sign up or pay for something there are usually terms of service (the long list that nobody really every reads).

I just want to say thanks to rteetz for allowing this thread to continue.

This has been an very interesting thread and has taken many turns; it’s been on land and sea, and some minor detours along the way. But the open sharing of information and discussion, regardless of what u believe is right or wrong, leads to knowledge and we all know that knowledge is power! What you do with that knowledge is up to you...it just might lead you to getting that elusive fastpass for little mermaid under the sea at 59 days out! :rotfl2:

So data point.
5/19-20 beach club
5/20-23 Art of animation
We arent really planning any super special fp. We booked 2 different EMM so 7dmt and SDD are no big. We are doing AK for our second park in a day so I didnt bother with FOP. So testing the system was fairly low risk since none of my FP were irreplaceable.
Canceled the campsite room only ressie this morning(my 60 days from the 1st day of my second half of my splitstay). I got the warning fp would be canceled and got the pop up that they were all canceled after completion. As of now they are still there and can be modified. I will watch them to see. No email from Disney as of yet.

Thanks. Please update us periodically.

As long as the room is paid for and checked into I can’t see Disney doing anything about it since it isn’t against the rules (though in spirit it seems to be, such as removing hard to get inventory from the system for those that legitimately would use it like the campground). However the one time I stayed on property recently I got more than just the day you had a room for on property to make fast pass reservations for. So I hope they did or have gotten rid of that. It was in October when I stayed on property for 3 nights it showed as an option for me to make fast passes for an extra 5 days after my checkout. That seemed like gaming the system if anyone can do that. Not sure if it was a glitch at the time.

Personally fast passes should only be good from checkin to checkout days and be canceled if those dates are not overlapping anymore. So I’m glad they are moving in the right direction.
The extra 5 days shows up because of the length of ticket. They are good for certain numbers of days based on a convoluted schedule I would have to look up. Anyway it would let you look at 5 more days but if you try to book them it will tell you to cancel some in order to choose those.

The first report of cancelled FP when onsite stay is cancelled has surfaced:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...st-fp-if-change-resort.3740509/#post-60396979
Doesn't that say that the parents just canceled the original reservation more than 30 days from the checkin, and didn't have any replacement reservation? I wonder if they were given the chance to rebook???? Seems that if you cancel your reservation, that FPs would be expected to disappear if it's over 30 days out, right?

So data point.
5/19-20 beach club
5/20-23 Art of animation
Thanks for the update, I just came here to see if there were any real updates.

Doesn't that say that the parents just canceled the original reservation more than 30 days from the checkin, and didn't have any replacement reservation? I wonder if they were given the chance to rebook???? Seems that if you cancel your reservation, that FPs would be expected to disappear if it's over 30 days out, right?
Recent update, they did for sure cancel more than 30 days out

Last edited:
Anomamatt, what is the latest update on your FP’s? In the post above someone is saying FP’s were cancelled at >30 days with no resort res.

The FPs I made from earlier testing were there until earlier this week when I cancelled them. I have not done further testing because My real FP window is opening soon.

But from that report, seems like my prediction of WDW never canceling FPs was... quite wrong.

Reactions: CJN
Mine are still intact. These were obtained with a Disney Springs hotel reservation which I later cancelled. However, I do also have a legitimate Dolphin reservation on the books, for a couple days *after* the fake fastpasses.

Originally, I was just loosely following this thread out of curiosity. But now I’ve decided that I’m mostly likely going to change my August stay to a split stay. I’ll be spending a good chunk more since i will be upgrading half the stay from a value to a deluxe, but I’m really hoping this change doesn’t penalize me fastpass wise. I haven’t canceled my original reservation yet since that will require a phone call I don’t particularly feel like making, so if the split stay bookings don’t go back to the way they were I may need to rethink the upgrade.

It appears Disney has begun cancelling FPs for cancelled reservations.

Just curious where you are seeing reports. Dansdad posted a report on the boards here, but are you seeing further confirmation somewhere else? Like Twitter or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter