Disney Travel Agent

smileyface1990

Earning My Ears
I am planning a 10 night solo trip in July 2019. What is everyone's idea of booking the trip on my own or going through a authorized disney travel agency. I will have a premier passport for my trip (currently have a DL sig+ passport).

Skip the travel agent. Read stuff online, buy a WDW book, and read these boards/post questions.

Book your room - but then pay attention to room discount releases for passholders as it gets closer. It's kind of predictable when they will release room discounts.

Book your own ADR's and FP's. You need to be able to do that yourself anyway if you want to change on the fly during your trip.

With a Premier Passport - you will want to review the dining discounts that come with being a passholder as you think about ADRs. If you plan to do A LOT of table service dining - you might want to run the math to see if buying Tables in Wonderland would benefit you. It's tough to break even on that as a solo and just 10 nights - but if you are doing a lot of TS - you might.

For that long of a trip - you really need to decide how much you want that room to cost. If I could afford it - I would book a DVC studio - I'd probably use one of the discount brokers for that as getting 10 nights far in advance could be tough through the rent/trade board. And I'd probably rent a car - or at least arrange for a grocery delivery. If it's just the Premier passport that is the splurge - and if you want the rest of the trip to be bargain - just book a value - but I'd try to get into a refurb room in Pop with the table bed.

Jealous. I had the Premier passport one year. It was awesome!

I personally like the ease of using a using a travel agent. They do the hassle of getting the room discounts and I don't have to wait on the phone. They send me reminders of when I can book ADRs and Fastpasses, and they are there to answer any questions I have (so are these boards, but its nice to have a person).

As a DVC owner I usually book my own trips to WDW, however when I cruise with Disney I always work with an authorized Disney TA. Nevertheless I say it doesn't hurt to contact a TA to find out if they offer any perks if you book through them verses doing it on your own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter