Disney UK ref not linking to MDE

Sitting at 452 days and can't get booking to link. Phoned a week or so ago and was told it wouldn't link until 200 days out (which is utter rubbish given other people are linked). Think it's just a case of waiting till Disney get round to adding your booking to their system...which could be quickly or in our case whenever

I'm still over 500 days and only booked a few days ago, so I know I have to be patient, but just for future reference: when you put in your phone number are you supposed to put the "+" before the country code or not?

I'm still over 500 days and only booked a few days ago, so I know I have to be patient, but just for future reference: when you put in your phone number are you supposed to put the "+" before the country code or not?

I've had to enter it without the 0 or +44.. so it's only 10 digits long

When we booked our 2018 holiday a couple of weeks ago via the Disney Website, there was a note saying that it wouldn't be confirmed until 330 days out. We have a ref number but assume this will be upgraded to a confirmation number at the 330 mark. It's this number that will work with MDE. For our trip we worked it out to be 30th June (330 days from checkout). Will update this post if that does / doesn't happen!

Copied and pasted from the Disney Website:
We need to tell you something!
Please note that this will be an advance booking and your reservation will not be confirmed until 330 days before check-out date.
Once confirmed you will receive an updated invoice confirming your reservation.

Jenny did you get sorted OK, our 330 day mark was 29th June, staying at SSR 11th-25th May 2018. I phoned about 5pm on the 29th and They confirmed my booking and asked if I wanted the reference to link my MDE; I then linked without any probs, that evening I think. I didn't receive my new invoice (confirming SSR) until this week, Tues or Weds I think.

I left it another week and still no joy and we are now at 425 days. I phoned the tech support number as suggested by a pp and my reservation is now linked up to my online account hooray! I had to go and pick my magic band colour to celebrate :jumping1:
The lady on the phone did say that she can get it to link online but it doesn't link to the mobile app until 365 days, which could be the cause of some of the confusion about dates.

I left it another week and still no joy and we are now at 425 days. I phoned the tech support number as suggested by a pp and my reservation is now linked up to my online account hooray! I had to go and pick my magic band colour to celebrate :jumping1:
The lady on the phone did say that she can get it to link online but it doesn't link to the mobile app until 365 days, which could be the cause of some of the confusion about dates.

Does your reference no start with 12? I'm at 444 days out and was told the reference number given (starting 18) wasn't the MDE ref and I wouldn't get that till 200 days out!? OFLorida said it would be nearer 300 days when I emailed them about it and couldn't give me a different number.

Am tempted to call again and see what they say

Does your reference no start with 12? I'm at 444 days out and was told the reference number given (starting 18) wasn't the MDE ref and I wouldn't get that till 200 days out!? OFLorida said it would be nearer 300 days when I emailed them about it and couldn't give me a different number.

Am tempted to call again and see what they say
My original reference number began 181, since it's been linked it's now saying confirmation begins 124. Definitely try the tech support line :thumbsup2

Phoned the helpline this avo and booking is now linked and have chosen our magic bands woohoo!!

One quick question - memory maker isn't showing (it was part of the deal). It needs a reference so do I need to call them again or will that automatically link later on?

I know it's over 440 days to go but getting excited lol!!

The memory maker itself isn't showing up on mine yet but if I recall correctly it is on the reservation info. I think it says 14 day ultimate ticket plus memory maker or something to that effect. I imagine it'll all link up nearer the time

MM doesn't show or link separately, it shows with the ticket type and is just automatically on your MB when it is activated. We have had it twice now and that's how it has worked each time.

I have a Dutch phone number, so without the +31 and the 0 it's only 9 digits long. I'll have to experiment then!

when i booked the ADRs, the system forced me to add in a +
and my number is even longer, since our country code is three digits long...

My July 2018 trip linked about a week ago. I booked week 1 of free dining and had been trying once a week. I didn't need a different reference and I've booked through an agent and only paid a deposit. I've been pretty much every year since MDE was a thing and it's been different every year. I've never not got in well before the six month mark though which is basically all that matters. I could see my reservation was confirmed several weeks before I could link though.

Hi there,

I made a booking for October 2018. I was able to add the resort booking on my Disney Experience website but I can't see it on My Disney Experience app on my iPhone. However, I see all the tickets we have on it, also I can personalize the Magicbands.

If I try to add manually this booking on the app, the system tells me that this reservation is currently linked to "my name"'s account. I use naturally the same ID on both of them.
Please, could you tell me how I can link my resort booking on the app ?

Thanks for your assistance.

I'm sure I read somewhere that you can't see the booking on the app until 365 days out from your holiday start (I might be wrong though so if someone can confirm?).

I'm sure I read somewhere that you can't see the booking on the app until 365 days out from your holiday start (I might be wrong though so if someone can confirm?).
That's what I was told when I phoned the tech line. If you log on through the website on your laptop etc it all shows up but won't appear on the app until 365 days.

My booking finally allowed me to link today, 378 days out, with the original 181 number. Was so excited to see it there in black and white!!

I'm now going through this I booked a week ago called up and they said there is a back log and to wait a few weeks

I'm now going through this I booked a week ago called up and they said there is a back log and to wait a few weeks
They might be a bit slow due to people cancelling and rebooking their holidays because of hurricane irma. Hopefully you'll be up and running soon! I'm now at the 365 day mark (finally!!!) and my reservation is now showing on the MDE app :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter