Disney / Universal re-opening

Of course this is all just speculation -- but do you think they'll open up resorts prior to parks? I'm trying to imagine how they would deal with all of the transportation issues. How do you social distance on the buses? The boats? The monorail? I'm glad it's not my job to figure it out!
That's been my thought whenever someone suggests that the Magic Kingdom open first. No matter how guests arrive, unless they go to the Contemporary and walk, the only way to the park gates involves Disney Transportation. At the other parks, guests can make a long walk from cars to the gates, but Magic Kingdom requires transportation.

Of course this is all just speculation -- but do you think they'll open up resorts prior to parks? I'm trying to imagine how they would deal with all of the transportation issues. How do you social distance on the buses? The boats? The monorail? I'm glad it's not my job to figure it out!

Any place where you can't do social distancing Disney could mandate that masks are required. So no riding a bus unless you have a mask on.

Any place where you can't do social distancing Disney could mandate that masks are required. So no riding a bus unless you have a mask on.
I guess I'm basing my question on the guidelines they have in place at Disney Springs. If you're not supposed to stand within 6 feet of someone outside, with masks on, I have a hard time imagining them packing guests inside buses/monorails/boats without distancing there as well.

I hear you and agree 100%, I really wouldn't want to be the one to figure this out. Saying a prayer for those who have to make these very hard and difficult decisions. Glad I'm just an average joe who doesn't have this much weight on my shoulders. :crazy:

I guess I'm basing my question on the guidelines they have in place at Disney Springs. If you're not supposed to stand within 6 feet of someone outside, with masks on, I have a hard time imagining them packing guests inside buses/monorails/boats without distancing there as well.

Buses are still running in my area and I believe the subway system is still working in NYC. Not always possible to social distance so i bet they will require the mask.

I do think they may end up having to lower how many get on and maybe only have seats filled with no standing.

Last edited:
Buses are still running in my area and I believe the subway system is still working in NYC. Not always possible to social distance so i bet they will require the mask.

I do think they may end up having to lower how many get on and maybe only have seats filled with no standing.

I for one would be very, very happy if they no longer allowed standing on the buses. I'm sorry but this is very dangerous for the riders who are forced to stand and IMHO shouldn't be allowed. I have felt this way for years and really don't understand how WDW has gotten away with overcrowding their busses for so long. I believe in looking for the silver lining in every bad situation and maybe this is one silver lining in the CV-19 pandemic. :tink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I for one would be very, very happy if they no longer allowed standing on the buses. I'm sorry but this is very dangerous for the riders who are forced to stand and IMHO shouldn't be allowed. I have felt this way for years and really don't understand how WDW has gotten away with overcrowding their busses for so long. I believe in looking for the silver lining in every bad situation and maybe this is one silver lining in the CV-19 pandemic. :tink:
Disney buses are not overloaded by any means, just because there is no seat. The buses are designed and rated to carry more people than you think. Even if you are seated you do not have a seatbelt. A seated passenger will be tossed around just like a standing passenger if there was a crash.

Disney buses are not overloaded by any means, just because there is no seat. The buses are designed and rated to carry more people than you think. Even if you are seated you do not have a seatbelt. A seated passenger will be tossed around just like a standing passenger if there was a crash.

I hear what your saying about no seatbelt and getting tossed around but at least you have polls to hold on to and you don't have to do a balancing act like you do when standing. I'm a 5' tall person who can't reach the upper handrail if I'm forced to stand and there is no poll in close proximity that runs from the ceiling to floor. I don't feel safe standing and wobbling along, you may be ok with that but I'm not so I guess this is a case where we will have to agree to disagree and I'm fine with that. :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!