disney vinylmation?

ms.pinkpixie

Custom Designer
Can someone explain to me what disny vinylmation is? I understand its some sort of collectible but what exactly is it and how does it work? I'm so confused.

TIA

Vinylmation is the new collectible offering from Disney. They are physically about the same size as a U.B. Funkey toy you see at the store. Unlike U.B. Funkey's though, Vinylmation does not interact with your computer. They are strictly for looking at.

They come in complete sets, called 'issues', ranging in size from 9-12 units in each issue. You can buy each Vinylmation character separately for about $10, or an entire case of 24 for about $240. It's been said that a case is guaranteed to have a complete set. Otherwise, like trading cards, you don't know which one you get unless you open it. Issues are limited in size to help maintain the value over time. Some current issues are Holiday, Clear, and Urban 1 and 2.

Disney will have trading stations and events similar to pin trading.

the tray has 2 complete sets, plus a bonus, plus the chaser.

vinylmation is disney's way of jumping on the bandwagon. vinyl figures have been a very popular collectible in Japan for years.

basically disney's take is that it's a mickey shape figure that artists then paint over in their own special way, kind of like the mickey statues for his 75th birthday, or the cows and stuff like that.

This thread would be a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it over there now.

I found this reading the Disney Blog giving more information about them.

I understand they are collectibles. I think some of them are really cute, some of them...not so much. :confused3

I too think some are really cute and some arent. I also like that Disney ran a bit with the vinylmation thing and made pins out of them too. They are only sold in a 2 pin mystery box so like the actual figures you do not know which you will get.

i bought the 9" vinlymation mickey as a skeleton .. its totally awesome and reminds me of this past trip! :goodvibes

A really good source of information is over at the fan website for these vinylnation.net they have pictures of every set and sneak peaks of upcoming sets too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter