Disney Visa email gc offer for DVC 'phone tour'

I just wanted to update to let you know that I called today. I do not have the Disney Visa, but just called the number earlier in this thread. They had no problem adding me to the system and said they would be sending me 2 packages (1 with the DVC info and 1 with the gift card). For 20 minutes of time (could have been shorter but I had some questions) it's great! I was wanting info on DVC anyway so perfect timing!

I'm the OP, and guess what? I still haven't gotten my gc even though I made my original call Aug 2 :D. I got a call Aug 31 from the original lady I spoke with and I told her I hadn't received the card yet. She said she was unable to see anything except that it had been sent. However, a week and a half later I still hadn't received it so I called back (got another CM); that person told me it had been sent Sept 1. This lady told me to call back if I hadn't received it in a week, which I did. I was told by yet another CM that it had never been sent but she spoke with her superior they escalated it to be sent FedEx. That was Monday and

:upsidedow Ok, this is funny!!! As I was typing this the FedEx guy showed up. I now have my card!! Took 6 weeks and 2 days and few phone calls, but I got it!

I'm the OP, and guess what? I still haven't gotten my gc even though I made my original call Aug 2 :D. I got a call Aug 31 from the original lady I spoke with and I told her I hadn't received the card yet. She said she was unable to see anything except that it had been sent. However, a week and a half later I still hadn't received it so I called back (got another CM); that person told me it had been sent Sept 1. This lady told me to call back if I hadn't received it in a week, which I did. I was told by yet another CM that it had never been sent but she spoke with her superior they escalated it to be sent FedEx. That was Monday and

:upsidedow Ok, this is funny!!! As I was typing this the FedEx guy showed up. I now have my card!! Took 6 weeks and 2 days and few phone calls, but I got it!
Wow! I may need to make a phone call!

Darn it. I just called and they wouldn't do it since I'm not a Disney Visa card holder-said I needed a code. I told them that hadn't been the experience of some of my friends (you guys are my friends, right?) and he said "yeah..." and basically goodbye.

Darn it. I just called and they wouldn't do it since I'm not a Disney Visa card holder-said I needed a code. I told them that hadn't been the experience of some of my friends (you guys are my friends, right?) and he said "yeah..." and basically goodbye.
Yes, this promo was tied to Disney Visa. If you had one but didn't get the email, you could still do the phone tour and get a gift card, but you couldn't do the tour without a Disney visa.

Folks above reported doing it without the visa-see the top of this page-so I figured I'd try it.

Did it & loved the coloring book they sent with the DVC booklet. FYI- I was told my gc would take 5-6 weeks to arrive.

I totally forgot about this! Did mine on 8/9 and have not received anything yet. Will have to call and find out what happened.

Even though I have not received the card yet, I have that "just found money in my pants pocket" feeling since I forgot this was coming!! LOL

Folks above reported doing it without the visa-see the top of this page-so I figured I'd try it.
Oh, I didn't realize that! I had heard others say it didn't work for them without the Visa. Maybe you should call back and try again. My rule of thumb (for anything, not just this) is if I call and am told no, I will call back 2 more times to make sure :) It is amazing how often you will get a yes within 3 calls.

The code listed on the email is "Visa Tour DVC". Maybe just say that and they may not ask if you have the card. :)

I received this offer in 2013, for a $35 gift card. Four years later & I'm still convinced, DVC is the best purchase I ever made!!! So glad I made that call!

Just wondering if anyone has called and gotten a giftcard for the tour even if they don't have a Disney VISA?

I received my gc in the mail about 3 weeks after the call. It just came in an unmarked envelope so don't throw it out as junk mail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter