Disney Visa email gc offer for DVC 'phone tour'

So here's some weird pixie dust for ya...
I just received ANOTHER $40 GC in the mail at random today!!!
Not sure what that's all about but um I'll take it. :)

You aren't the only one - I just got the same in the mail today!
I swear I only did one phone tour/call and while me and my husband both have a Disney Visa ( I'm the authorized user on his account) it definitely surprised me too!

I got my GC less than 4 weeks after I called....I think it came by Fed ex..... YAY for some spending $$ for Nov.!!

wow! hoping for another one, too!!!! HaHaHaHa......pixiedust:

I was glad I finally got my first one last week! I don't dare hope for a second :D

You aren't the only one - I just got the same in the mail today!
I swear I only did one phone tour/call and while me and my husband both have a Disney Visa ( I'm the authorized user on his account) it definitely surprised me too!
Yep, family member of mine got another one as well... Fingers crossed!!

Add me to the list of Dissers who were pixie dusted with an additional $40 Disney gift card! So excited for my trip in 3 weeks!!:flower1::cool1::cheer2::hmghost:

Still waiting here, too. Wondering if I should call or if it's still too soon.

I called them Friday, 9/22 to find out what the hold up was. I was told that due to the overwhelming response, it was on back-order. Yeah, I know. Why mine is on back order when other people who called later (in late August, early September) have already gotten theirs is beyond me. I was told it might be another 4 weeks :P

Same here, and we leave Friday, did my call 8/13.
Plus my mail is now being forwarded from that address so...

Hope yours arrives soon.

I finally called to do my "tour" this morning. We got the e-mail 8/2 with a deadline of 10/10. When I called, the person who answered my call acted like he had no idea what I was talking about when I said I wanted to do the Disney Visa DVC phone tour. I went on to explain that I had gotten an e-mail, that we're Disney Visa holders, mentioned the "code", blah, blah, blah. After that, he suddenly knew exactly what I was talking about (I guess I provided enough information that he knew I legitimately received the e-mail). He immediately said, "If you complete the tour, it will take 60-90 days to receive the gift card." I told him that was fine. He said, "Are you sure?" I told him yes...that I'm always saving up for the next Disney trip, so it doesn't really matter when I get the card. Then he said, "Ok. I just want to be sure you understand that it will take 2-3 months to receive it because a lot of people *say* that's ok and then a week later they're calling to see why they haven't received their gift card yet." I assured him once again that it was fine. He was not very "magical" and at that point I seriously thought about hanging up and calling back to see if I got someone different because I really didn't feel like spending 10-20 minutes on the phone with him. Fortunately, at that point he transferred me to an agent who was much friendlier. But he, too, started the conversation by saying it would take 60-90 days to receive the card because of the overwhelming response to the offer. He was satisfied with my answer that it was fine if it took that long. He then went through a bunch of verification steps saying that the offer had been shared on social media and that people who weren't really targeted for the offer had been calling and that they now needed to verify that each caller had truly received the e-mail (I had to forward our personalized e-mail with the offer to him). He then sent me the links; explained how to view everything; told me to spend some time (suggesting 20-30 minutes) looking through the information and call him back when I had reviewed everything. He said he'd answer any questions at that time and then put the order in for my gift card.

I'm guessing they will handle things differently the next time they do an offer like this to prevent people from being able to share it with the public --- like needing a unique PIN code or something similar. It really sounds like Disney has been overwhelmed with people calling.

Last edited:
I called on 8/9 and still no gift card. They told me yesterday due to such a great response, they were on backorder. Now just hoping it will arrive before our October Trip. :(

Wow, I had a totally different experience. I called last week (I think it was Sep 20, but not exactly sure which date), and I was on the phone for a total of 5-10 minutes. I received my gift card and my DVC packet on Monday.

I just wanted to update to let you know that I called today. I do not have the Disney Visa, but just called the number earlier in this thread. They had no problem adding me to the system and said they would be sending me 2 packages (1 with the DVC info and 1 with the gift card). For 20 minutes of time (could have been shorter but I had some questions) it's great! I was wanting info on DVC anyway so perfect timing!
I had wondered about ones (such as my sister) who don't have a Disney Visa card...

Did you actually get a GC?

Last edited:
We too received two $40 gift cards after doing the phone tour! Just purchased at the Grand Cali resale. We are going to the Poly for Fall Break and scheduled the tour for the FastPasses and potential to add points direct!

Thanks
Mike

Hello everyone :) Just thought I'd add to this discussion that I do not have a Disney VISA. I called the number anyway and asked about doing the phone tour for a $40 gift card and was put through right away. W talked about 1 minute, verified my contact info and I was done. A few days later I received a packet about DVC. Then a week after that, I got the $40 gift card :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter