Disney Visa Points Question

meelee514

Mouseketeer
I have a quick question. My husband and I just received our Disney Visa cards and are looking to acquire some points before our upcoming vacation. We only have one other credit card for regular rewards points and pay that off each month before it is due. My question is, instead of paying off that balance, could we pay that balance with the Disney Visa for the points and then just pay off the Visa once that payment shows up on the account?

I wasn't sure if we would get points for it not being an actual "purchase." If it won't, I'm not going to waste any time and just pay off that other card's balance instead of playing musical credit cards.

I have a quick question. My husband and I just received our Disney Visa cards and are looking to acquire some points before our upcoming vacation. We only have one other credit card for regular rewards points and pay that off each month before it is due. My question is, instead of paying off that balance, could we pay that balance with the Disney Visa for the points and then just pay off the Visa once that payment shows up on the account?

I wasn't sure if we would get points for it not being an actual "purchase." If it won't, I'm not going to waste any time and just pay off that other card's balance instead of playing musical credit cards.

My guess is no. Does the credit card that you wish to pay off even allow you to pay it off with credit? I know that balance transfers do not earn rewards. It says that on the rewards site.

I just got my Disney visa rewards guide in the mail today and no, you don't acquire points with balance transfers or cash advances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter