Disney visa question

SyrCinderella

Mouseketeer
We are considering a Disney visa - we looked at the web site and it lists "Disney Rewards" - is that like Disney Dollars? How many do you earn with each purchase? How can you redeem them?

SyrCinderella said:
We are considering a Disney visa - we looked at the web site and it lists "Disney Rewards" - is that like Disney Dollars? How many do you earn with each purchase? How can you redeem them?

For every 1000 you charge you get 10 dollars credit to use at WDW, Disneyland, or any other official Disney seller, ie Disney Store, Disney online, etc. They give you a card that you transfer the reward dollars onto and then you use that card just like a credit card to redeem the dollars.

I pay off my bill each month to avoid late charges, otherwise it defeats the purpose IMHO. I usually accrue over $100 to spend each trip, even though I go every 3-5 months. It's a real bonus.

Mar'

Yeah, basically you get $1 for every $100 you spend. Occasionally, they'll run a "special" where you get $2 for every $100, like last Dec thru Feb.

I think you need a minimum of $20 reward dollars before you can order a rewards card (very similar to a gift card from a dept store). Once you get a rewards card, you can then go online and transfer your rewards dollars to the card. But be careful, the rewards card has an expiration date and any rewards dollars transferred to the card expire too.

We have a trip planned for December and our rewards card expires 12/05 too, so we'll just order a new one before then. I just checked our balance and we have $218 as of now! :Pinkbounc

It's a nice little perk, especially if you're a DVC member, because of the frequent trips to WDW where the dollars could come in handy.

I've been using my Disney Visa for business travel, which works out very nicely as I just turn around and pay off my bill with my expense reimbursement.

For my upcoming August trip, the rewards dollars paid for one MYW 7 day pass. Not bad.

I'm here at OKW now spending our $268 of reward dollars. Last summer we managed to use up the $164 of reward dollars we had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter