Disney water - sulfa?

SkylarKD

Mouseketeer
I have a question about the water at Disney World. I read a comment from a user on another board. She said:

"I can't drink the water there even filtered because I'm allergic to sulfa."

Is it true that the water contains sulfa? I'm alergic to sulfa drugs (had a reaction to a prescription medication - not a pretty site), and I wouldn't want to ruin my WDW honeymoon. But it seems weird that an ingredient in a drug would be in the water... I'm confused. I've never had any reactions from any water before, even bad-tasting water, although I've never been to Florida.

Can someone shed some light on this for me?

I'm also allergic to sulfa drugs and have never had any problem at all drinking the water at WDW - and I drink a lot of it (too cheap to buy water, LOL). I've never used a f8ilter, either.

Some have reported that the WDW water has a sulfur taste to it. Maybe that is what confused the person who wrote the post you read. I can't believe they put sulfa in it either.

All that said, if I were you, I'd write/email to WDW guest communications and ask them directly. After all, it's your honeymoon and who wants to take a chance? You might also ask you doctor whether "water that tastes of sulfur" could possibly trigger a reaction. Again, better to be safe than sorry.

I always travel with Benadryl - just in case one of my allergies acts up.

Best wishes -

The water has sulfer in it because they use well water and the treat the water on site. The water is totally safe to drink.

Whew! That sounds much better. Sulfur won't cause me to have a reaction. Good idea about checking with WDW & my doctor, and bring Benadryl, just to be 100% sure. Thanks! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter