Disney while pregnant

KKip102016

Earning My Ears
Hi all!

I just found out that we are expecting! I will be around 7 weeks when we go to Disney in 8 days. I was just looking for some advice or tips. I have heard to stay away from the rollercoasters. Is there other rides I should stay away from? And while my son and husband are on rides can I wait in line with them and then exit? My son in unaware that he is going to be a big brother. He is 5. Im not sure how to break it to him that I wont be riding everything with them. Im not ready to tell him just yet that we are expecting.

Drink a lot of water, there are many shows to see, walking shouldn’t be a problem, I did Universal studios while 3 months pregnant and it was fine.

I think a lot of the intense rides have an "i changed my mind" exit. Definitely stay hydrated, and remember to snack (my nausea was always triggered by not eating).

When we went in 2014, our daughter was 7 months pregnant (as can be seen by my profile pic). She missed out on a lot of rides and it was extremely hot for her having gone in August but she did it amazingly. Each ride will have a warning posted at its entrance so you will know what they deem risky. Your comfort level is the ultimate decision. Congratulations on your pregnancy. BTW, our grandson was just over 4 when his baby sister was born.

Congrats! I was also around 7 weeks when we went to Disney in 2015. I avoided all the roller coasters and pretty much everything that stated "not for expectant mothers" (except the safari in AK.. i still rode that lol) I was able to wait in line with my husband and then i just told the CM at the front of the line that I couldn't ride and they direct you out. We took our baby announcement picture in front of the castle :)

Have a great trip!

Congratulations! I went to Disney at 7 weeks with my then 2.5 year old. My biggest issue was that my morning sickness kicked in on our 2nd day there...if I had to do it over again, I probably wouldn't have bothered booking so many ADRs because it made me sad seeing all the good food and not wanting to eat it (I had a ton of food aversions and just felt nauseous constantly). I was also extremely tired but we were lucky that my LO needed a mid-day nap still at that point. I ended up just napping at the same time most days. Since I'm assuming you won't have that option, I'd try to take it easy or schedule yourself a mid-day break if you can. We were there in April and the weather was pretty good (not insanely hot) so I hope that works out for you. Stay hydrated and bring lots of snacks, especially if they help with morning sickness. In terms of rides, I might just give a white lie to your 5 year old about not wanting to go on some of the rides. When we went, my kiddo was too young to go on the big rides anyway so it worked out in that sense.

I was supposed to run the Princess half marathon this past February at 9 weeks pregnant but ended up canceling our entire trip because I was so horrendously sick. I'm 16 weeks now and we rescheduled for May when I'll be 20 weeks. I'm STILL on two different anti nausea/vomiting meds :) But it's a complete 180 from how I felt back in the first trimester!! Good luck and have fun!

Congratulations!! I have not been pregnant at Disney but wear comfy shoes stay hydrated keep you some quick snacks on hand I remember getting hungry so fast. At least there are a good few things you can still go on.

Hi all!

I just found out that we are expecting! I will be around 7 weeks when we go to Disney in 8 days. I was just looking for some advice or tips. I have heard to stay away from the rollercoasters. Is there other rides I should stay away from? And while my son and husband are on rides can I wait in line with them and then exit? My son in unaware that he is going to be a big brother. He is 5. Im not sure how to break it to him that I wont be riding everything with them. Im not ready to tell him just yet that we are expecting.

Quite honestly, at that stage I would not have blinked an eye at riding anything. You have barely found out at 7 weeks. My DR always told me that if there were issues about aborting early, it was going to happen regardless. I don't mean just start doing reckless stuff, but things you have always enjoyed.

I didn't act, or treat myself any different until about 5 months when I began to be a little clumsy. Then I definitely was more cautious. There's lots of padding for that tiny sweet baby you're carrying! :)

Everyone has different ideas on it though, and I would just go along with what the DR said or how I was feeling.

Talk to your obgyn. I think you'll be surprised at what you can safely ride.

It's been 4 years, but if I remember correctly, my OB told me I could ride anything as long as it wasn't jerky, didn't have sudden stops or starts. So RnR would be out, but SDMT was fine.

Congrats! I ended up with morning sickness starting 6-8 weeks, so I hope that you don't get that. It ruined on of my trips. Talk with your OBGYN. I wouldn't hesitate on riding most of the rides that early but I'd prefer to err on the side of caution so I'd pick and choose Good luck!

I went in 2013 when I was 11 weeks and it just wasn’t a great experience for me. I was an avid runner and in great shape but it was exhausting for me to be out all day. The whole pregnancy was that way though, unlike my first where I was the energizer bunny the whole time and fealt great. The trip was fun but I definitely needed a nap in the afternoons:)

It's been 4 years, but if I remember correctly, my OB told me I could ride anything as long as it wasn't jerky, didn't have sudden stops or starts. So RnR would be out, but SDMT was fine.
My OB told me the same.

FWIW, I chose to not ride anything that a small child couldn't ride. I was anxious and didn't want to worry. Congrats!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter