Disney Wish Review 9/5-9/9

EddieK76

Mouseketeer
We just got home from the 9/5 sailing on the Disney Wish. We took DCL transportation to the port from Saratoga Springs and we were in the lobby at 845 for check-in. Check-in there was chaotic as nobody would just wait in an order for the DCL people to check you in but after that we boarded the bus and headed to the port. We got there about 10:45 and check-in and security was a breeze. We were boarding group 3 and the only issue I see is people crowding the queue to go into when your BG is called and there is nobody holding a sign so you have an idea where the opening of the queue exists.

We boarded the ship shortly before noon and walked in to our name and looking up the ship is absolutely gorgeous. We walked around for a bit and headed to Luna to see if we could get Palo and it was open the 1st night but we chose to do our MDR which was Marvel, Arrendelle, Arrendelle and 1923.

Food

Marcelline Market was good not great but good. We only ate lunch there once and that was opening day but the breakfast was good. I enjoyed the Eggs Benedict and Morning Sunrise (or something) smoothie every morning.

Mickey's Festival of Foods--Wow! The food here was amazing especially the brisket, ribs and anything at Donald's Cantina. I did not eat the pizza or the grill section and I sure did enjoy some banana/strawberry swirl ice cream cones

Marvel- This was our first night and the food was eh. The Bao Bun was okay and the ribeye was overcooked but the butter on it was very good. I had the Sundae which was just your normal sundae and nothing fancy. My wife and I both felt the show was lame.

Arrendelle-Wow! The show was simply amazing. The Fiddler brings it to another level and the food was very good. I had the baked scallops appetizer, the rib eye and the Apple Cake which all were very good. My wife felt the food was very good there as well outside of the Egg Noodle dish with Meatballs that the server brought her because she mentioned it but didn't want both the Rib Eye and the Egg Noodle.

Pirate Night--Food was good nothing special but certainly not bad by any stretch.

1923- Easily the best food overall. I had 4-Cheese Tortelloni, The Tomato Soup, The Filet which was cooked exactly like I requested, and the Tortegolloni Pasta which was so flavorful. (medium rare) and then I had the Churros, and Apple Cheesecake. I wish I had ordered two filets and sk9ipped the pasta not because the pasta was bad (it was really good) but because the filet and the sauce were so good.

Entertainment (Shows and Events)

All 3 shows in the WD Theater were very well done. Seas the Adventure was amazing and might've been my favorite but Mermaid and Aladdin were very well done and the jokes in Aladdin were fantastic. The Genie plays a great role for sure!

The Sail Away party was fantastic seeing all the different characters outside of the fab 5 and really set the mood for the cruise.

The Pirate Parlay was wow! The live music and energy by the team was fantastic.

We did quite a few adult only activities like the Match Your Mate, Majority Minds and the entertainment team especially Hannah were hilarious!

The Negatives

The adult area is very nice and tucked away; however, our sailing had 3100 people and only 500 children so it made the adult area very hard to utilize on a routine basis. It's hard to judge if it's truly small or just right once sailings get down to normal ratios of adults to children. We made the Chip and Dale section our own adult area as it was never crowded and there was a bar right there. I believe that DCL would make both areas adult areas and nobody would bat an eye since nobody uses the C&D area.

My biggest negative is that if you are plus size it is very very hard to fit in the seats at the WD Theater. I had to use the regular folding chairs but with that comes limited viewing because of where they are placed. When I say narrow seats it's like trying to fit into an Airline seat but almost worse.

Overall, our first cruise ever was amazing and we booked the placeholder and planning our next cruise and next cruise after that.

Thanks for the review. I will be cruising on the 9/23, first one with out Covid test.👍🏻 Did you or anyone try for a Rainforest room one day pass.? It looks beautiful.
Did you try out any of the cocktail lounges? Thanks again.🚢😎👍🏻✨💫

Thanks for the review. I will be cruising on the 9/23, first one with out Covid test.👍🏻 Did you or anyone try for a Rainforest room one day pass.? It looks beautiful.
Did you try out any of the cocktail lounges? Thanks again.🚢😎👍🏻✨💫
We were not able to get a one day pass. They said that the hold 80 week long passes and that to come back each morning to see if a day pass was available. We didn't bother but wish we would have for a day.

We did Hyperspace and had a drink each. We like Star Wars and while the space is small it's cool inside. Both our drinks were very good. We did the Martini tasting at Nightingales which was well worth the cost ( I think it was either 40/45). We listened to music at the Bayou but it was always so crowded we never got to enjoy a Beignet or a drink. Never made it to Keg and Compass as I'm not a huge beer drinker but the pretzels I saw when walking past it looked amazing.

We just got off the Wish from September 12-17, 2022 and we absolutely loved it. Definitely a few issues DCL should look into as they create the next two cruise boats. Of course I have my list of Pros/Cons, but I did get us a placeholder and will be doing a Christmas Wish Cruise next year, December 1-5, 2023.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter